[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've sort of abruptly stopped taking my antidepressants.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1480714916472.png (37KB, 299x450px) Image search: [Google]
1480714916472.png
37KB, 299x450px
So I've sort of abruptly stopped taking my antidepressants.

I was on a daily 20mg dose of Citalopram (SSRI). I was keen to stop taking it sooner beforehand, and when my prescription recently ran out I just didn't bother continuing it. It's about the third day or so and I'm feeling pretty much fine, maybe a little bit woozy.

My question is should I expect any other less desirable reactions on the way? I believe I probably didn't need it in the first place. The stuff did wonders for my anxiety and I probably had some form of depression, but I don't think the chemical balancing thing is a necessity.
>>
>>17902677
>My question is should I expect any other less desirable reactions on the way? I believe I probably didn't need it in the first place. The stuff did wonders for my anxiety and I probably had some form of depression, but I don't think the chemical balancing thing is a necessity.

you're headed towards a total epic fail

your docs would not have prescribed the meds if they did not think you needed them

depression & your mental illness will slowly sneak back into your life and likely 2-3 months from now you will have lost your job, failed out of school, pissed off everybody near you

>but I don't think the chemical balancing thing is a necessity

this is a major symptom of you nutters

beliving - i don't need the meds i can deal with it

it's bad enough you will fuck up your own life big woop go for it & do the human race a favor

the problem is you will leave a trail of victims - if the rest of us are lucky 1 of them will teach you a permanent lesson and you will learn the hard way to stay on your gdamn meds

FU
>>
>>17902851
>your docs would not have prescribed the meds if they did not think you needed them

Lol
>>
Some people really do need SSRI's or anti-psychotics

A lot don't

All SSRI's ever gave me was erectile dysfunction.
>>
I quit a 40mg Prozac prescription last year. Felt like shit for a few weeks but I went from 1.0 gpa student in easy business major to 3.5 comp sci student. Easily one of the best decisions of my life. Fuck those drugs.
>>
Quit 30mg of citalopram 2 years ago very gradually. First 20mg, then 10mg, then 5mg, with the help of my shrink. Felt I completely tackled anxiety and a not-so-severe depression. 3 weeks completely without I started to feel like utter shit. As in restless, goalless, helpess, anxious and depressed x10. What my shrink didn't tell me is that's why ssri's are considered "addictive"; quitting them makes you feel worse than before, and since they make you feel so bad it feels like you can't do without.

It took me 5 weeks to remotely get to my old self again. 10 weeks until I finally felt "as of old". I only took the Cita for 1 year on a slightly higher dosage than you.

I think it's doable, quitting cold turkey on 20mg, as long as you keep in mind the odds are high you'll feel like utter shit for a month or two. And that you shouldn't doubt yourself.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.