[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any advice on how to stop caring about other peoples lives and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Any advice on how to stop caring about other peoples lives and start working on your own?

I stumbled on my exs picture on FB and I feel bad. He got skinny and seems to be happy. I left him for cheating on me with everyone he could but now I'm feeling bad he is enjoying life and I'm constantly insecure.
I don't wanna care about what he does etc. How do I leave the past in the past?
I had some things to do in the evening and after seeing this I just feel unmotivated for anything. I hate it. Please help.
>>
>>17902474
If he was cheating on you when he was a fatshit, he's definitely cheating on people now that he's fit. He's a shit person at his core, regardless of his looks. So any illusion of happiness you think he has, is false. His behavior will catch up to him one day, most likely in the form of a wife finding out he cheats, leaving him, and taking everything he owns.

If you feel bad about yourself, you need to get self esteem. You do that by working on your skills and using them to find happiness in life. Hobbies, job skills, people skills, etc. Don't have many skills? Go work on getting some.

And delete your social media. All of it. No excuses. You don't need it. Delete every account for 3 months. If after 3 months you feel you can come back to it without any problems, then do so. But until you can get yourself on the right track, kill it.
>>
Seeing my enemies being happy motivates the shit out of me to work hard and be better in every way use your anger not your sadness only when you've learned to turn your emotions into a tool instead of a burden will you find happiness and peace of mind practice mindfulness and allow yourself to feel all emotions and realize they are just feelings like when you touch a different texture it doesn't define you its simply a response to a stimulus
>>
It's funny that you ask this to a bunch of people that are literally sitting here obsessing over other peoples' lives.
>>
>>17902478
All I keep thinking about how he promised me he would never do it again and I'm finding myself believing it and thinking "maybe I should've stayed", you know?
I know it's wrong but it's just how I keep feeling from time to time.

I agree with you on the social media part. I will try and do that. And work on my skills. I wanna get a better paying job and be proud of myself. Years of him saying I'm dumb just make me feel like crap everytime I don't do something right on the first go.
Thank you anon.
>>
>>17902482
Yeah this is actually a good way to see it... maybe I could try with that too. But I don't want it to become a competition online, you know what I mean? Sometimes I just wanna post an amazing selfie of myself but stop myself because I hate doing it for that reason - for him to see how better looking I am now :/

I just need to stop thinking about him and my past.
>>
>>17902474
Be positive.
Karma isn't a thing, so being vengeful vindictive is often a fruitless endeavor.
Focus on yourself, and do what makes you happy. He's doing fine? That's great, hopefully he's stopped cheating on people now too. In any case, he's him and you're you and you have nothing to do with each other.
>>
>>17902494
I wish it was as easy.
I find myself wishing he was miserable and alone.
>>
>>17902474
Shoulda let him stick it in the pooper more, maybe hed still be here
>>
>>17902508
I know, it isn't as easy to do as it is to say, but it's the best advice I can give and it's what has worked for me.
I think giving up social media for months is a bit much, but maybe you can trying finding a nice place to sit in quiet, away from everything, and just reason about what matters to you and why. That's always how I work out bad or difficult situations.
>>
>>17902527
I even put it in his pooper when he wanted to nah it wasn't that senpai

>>17902540
I just have no idea where to start. I wanna find a new job, I wanna start learning things, I wanna learn how to drive one day etc but I have SO MANY things I want I just get overwhelmed and never do anything. I feel like I'm in this limbo.
>>
>>17902474
You sound like a that cliche trope of bitch that regrets a break up because he won the lottery the next day or couldnt find something better.
Also I know this is difficult for most women to do but to answer your question you just have to 'get over it'. Drop it from your mind, forget he exists. Theres nothing we can 'do' for you. You just suck it up and enjoy whatever your current life entails or you don't and stay a whiny miserable cunt. Of the two which would you prefer? Take Shias advice and just do it. Its that simple. The only problems holding you back are imaginary and in your head only.
>>
>>17902584
>you can trying finding a nice place to sit in quiet, away from everything, and just reason about what matters to you and why
List the things you want, pick a couple, and make a schedule.
>>
>>17902478
This is really, really great advice
>>
>>17902474
find somebody new to care about !
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.