[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I broke up with my girlfriend a few weeks ago because she told

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I broke up with my girlfriend a few weeks ago because she told me she didn't miss me or feel anything for me anymore, but she blamed her depression/anxiety of that. I didn't accept that and broke up.

At first it felt like I made the right decision, but now I'm starting to regret it. It feels like I abandoned her and she isn't to blame for that. Did I make the right choice?

I've been chatting with some other girls this week and none of them seem to get even close to her. I'm starting to want her back.
>>
>>17902431
My philosophy is that if you want to leave someone, you don't need a justification for it. If that's what you have to do, then it's what you have to do. You might feel guilty for "abandoning" her but at the end of the day, you don't have an obligation to stay with her.

Now it seems natural to me that you'll want her back. I mean, obviously you loved her and shit and will feel pain from the breakup. But like any other breakup, that will fade with time. Even if it feels like it takes too long.

Objectively there's no right choice. Really, if you couldn't deal with her mental illness (which seems weird to me that it's causing her to not feel anything for you but I'm not her so I guess I can't judge), then leaving probably was the right choice. If you could and left on an emotional whim, then perhaps it wasn't a good choice. Only you could judge that though.
>>
>>17902485
I didn't necessarily want to leave her, but I don't want a relationship where she keeps telling me things like she doesn't miss me or feel anything for me or gets mad at me for trivial stuff. She felt kind of toxic and she kept blaming her depression and my inability to handle it.

We would've had a great relationship if it wasn't for the way she acted when she felt depressed. I miss the good moments and I already tried to get them back multiple times, but I guess the girl I fell in love with doesn't really exist anymore.
>>
>>17902595
>but I guess the girl I fell in love with doesn't really exist anymore.
Yes, which is why you should stay away. It's a natural response after breaking up to want your partner back, but you have to keep in mind that there are valid reasons that made you leave her. Don't get drunk with wishful nostalgia.
>>
>>17902595
Not to be edgy but she's her own person. You're not supposed to help out people out of everything or carry them through their own life.

There's a reason people look for healthy partners, both in body and in mind.
>>
>>17902631
I guess, but I'm supposed to at least support her. I tried doing that, but she often took it out on me by getting angry at (trivial) things I do, some I don't even have control over, then she tells me I should just ignore her and accept that she can get like that. When she told me she didn't miss me or didn't feel anything for me anymore and immediately blamed the depression, that was the last straw for me.

Anyway, I appreciate the replies.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.