[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over that feeling that I could've had someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Love-Triangle-crp.jpg (10KB, 250x237px) Image search: [Google]
Love-Triangle-crp.jpg
10KB, 250x237px
How do I get over that feeling that I could've had someone who was perfect for me, but circumstances don't allow it? I compare every other girl to what life with her would be like. How do I get over this? How do I know when to settle when all I can do is compare the girls I'm seeing with my ideal, who I can't have?
>>
>>17902198
Why can't you have your ideal?

Unless they died, there are no circumstances that block you from being with a person you truly love.
I went through all sorts of shit to be with the person I love and I'm happy I did. If you didn't make it, probably you weren't made for each other.
>>
>>17902198
Stop comparing them with your ideal; how?

Kill her off in your mind. Stop looking at her social media. Stop voluntarily interacting with things that remind you of her. Stop contact with her if any.

Start doing these, and you should forget about her in due time. Plenty of amazing people out there in this vast world anon, don't hold yourself down to the single one you can't get.
>>
>>17902205

She's with my best friend now. It's fucking torture. We have talked about being together and running away before, but it would ruin him. I have to just leave basically and I know it, it's for the best.
>>
>>17902198
You just force yourself to do it. Even that doesn't really work cause deep down you know.
>>
>>17902207
Then cut ties with both of them and move on with your life.

If she doesn't want to break up with him and be with you, she's not all that into you.
>>
>>17902207
She is playing the both of you, imbecile. Obviously if said girl held feelings as strong to make her run away with you, regardless of anything else, she would go ahead and end things with her current significant other without so much as a second thought. Cease anything you have with her unless you want to end up even more troubled.
>>
>>17902214
>>17902213

It was her idea, and I said no. She obviously had some inkling that we both thought about it and she brought it up to me, but I can't do that to my friend. The circumstances explained would have this make more sense as to why this happened, but it's not worth saying. I have to be happy knowing they're happy and no matter what as long as I'm here I'm a wedge in that.

Shit sucks, but it is what it is. I guess I know the solution, which is to leave. This whole situation has haunted both her and I for literally years.
>>
>>17902223
I agree with that other anon. She's pulling you jackasses around for fun.
Drop the ball now, let go, move on. Of course you won't though, and it'll only get worse.
>>
>>17902198
The ideal is just a fictitious entity that feels like an ideal. You might realize this later on as I have. I never quite grasped this until I started doing LSD.

Basically, you have to realize that there's not really anything special about her, you just ran into someone you clicked well with and will click well with people to come if you let it happen.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.