[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Friend keeps saying they're gonna kill themself >Online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: HELP BABY NOW.jpg (65KB, 456x628px) Image search: [Google]
HELP BABY NOW.jpg
65KB, 456x628px
>Friend keeps saying they're gonna kill themself
>Online friend that I don't know any personal details of so I can't call anyone
>Keep trying to tell them that I love them as a friend and that they're a great person and that I would miss them and trying to tell them to call the suicide prevention hotline or their family at least
>It's been 45 minutes and their status keeps switching from online to away every once in a while and they haven't responded
>Scared and don't know what to do

what do I do
>>
>Online friend that I don't know any personal details of

Yeah...you do realize that isn't really a 'friend', right?

A friend is someone you spend time with in person and know personal details about.

But if it makes you feel any better, there's no need to worry because that wasn't a real person, it was an AI doing a Turing Test on you - looks like it passed!
>>
>>17901194
you can't do anything but tell him your feelings I guess
>>
File: 1482816776878.jpg (200KB, 960x541px) Image search: [Google]
1482816776878.jpg
200KB, 960x541px
>>17901194
The last resort would be to call the police, but maybe you could try to find a family member through social media. For right now anon, you have to be in therapist mode.
>>
>>17901215
I try to when she tries to cut herself but I don't often succeed in stopping her even though I try my hardest, she still hasn't responded so I don't know what to do
>>
You know what's better than playing amateur therapist for some cutter you've only known from online?

Almost anything else.

OP, just drop contact and let this person find someone else to emotional vampire upon.
>>
>>17901239
I can't do that, even if it's just online, I still consider online friends friends, they're the only ones I really have. I do enjoy talking with her when we're not in crisis-mode, but I admit that putting all my effort and emotions into trying to keep someone from hurting themselves only to fail again and again has been draining. But I don't want to show her that I'm not doing well myself because she keeps talking about how all she does is be a burden on people and make them worry about her. I don't want her to hurt herself or kill herself and I feel like even if I did cut contact I'd be too afraid that it might hurt her, and I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing she might have but I'd never know.
>>
>>17901268

Protip:
If you cut contact, she won't harm herself - she'll just turn her attention to one of the other people she's got on her attention-string.

What she's doing is emotional manipulation. She's an energy vampire and your one of her hosts.
>>
File: 5-OBrdD7.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
5-OBrdD7.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>17901268
How old is this person? It could be just a faze or something
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.