[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop people from falling in love with me so often? The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1482963704573.png (206KB, 367x357px) Image search: [Google]
1482963704573.png
206KB, 367x357px
How do I stop people from falling in love with me so often? The past several years, I've had to turn down double digit amounts of people each year, many of them close friends. I don't want to hurt anyone, but I keep hurting people left and right.
>>
>>17900538
stop fucking flirting and leading them on, bitch
>>
Are your initials TB?
>>
I'm going to assume you're female.

Men and women approach friendship and romantic relationships differently and this can cause crossed wires.

While women typically have personal emotional support from a network of friends, men rarely do. Male friendships are typically focused more around diversion and shared interests than an emotional support network; Men see emotional support as something an SO provides and not friends.

When you share something personal with them and ask for their emotional support, to them that is a romantic action. If they reveal something personal and require your emotional support, that too is likely romantic in their minds.

Be more aloof with male friends you're not romantically interested in. Don't engage as their emotional support. Don't seek them out as emotional support.
>>
>>17900538
Compa isn't even the best girl.
Why not just get engaged with someone? Once people know you are taken they should get the message more easily.
>>
>>17900570
Nope, my name is Sarah Evelyn Grace.
*is taking notes on these replies*
>>
>>17900538
First of all, you will likely need to lessen the closeness level with your male friends.

It wouldn't hurt to get a significant other. There are only positives to reap from this. You get someone you love and get to be loved. Beta orbiters will back down (even though it may take a few months), The only men left who will hit on you are fuccbois, then you can weed out the men who just want to fuck you from your male friends,

Also, stop being so ashamed and apologetic for hurting people because they like you, but you don't like them. I used to do that too. Then I realized it was from a place of total narcissism.

The whole fact that you have double digit people means you're fucking doing something wrong too. Maybe you're unaware of it.

I have learned to act very unattached and aloof around male acquaintances. My only emotional support and social output goes towards men I like. This way. no fucker out there gets the wrong idea and has to put us both through the awkwardness of a rejection scenario.
>>
>>17900538
The way others feel about you is mostly out of your power. Tell the horny idiots to calm their penors.
>>
>>17900571
>>17900631

I don't flirt like >>17900556 accused me of, but I'm very affectionate and loving. I'm very needy myself, so I don't like the idea of others feeling lonely or neglected. When I was in high school, I became close friends with a boy because he was always by himself and seemed terribly lonely. He sat by himself at the lunch table, so I started to sit down beside him every day to talk to him, and I visited him at his home every few weeks. He confessed to having feelings for me after a year of friendship, I gently turned him down, and he attempted suicide. The same thing happened with another boy who seemed lonely (the falling in love, not the suicide attempt). I became friends with him, and we talked about the stories he wrote a lot.

It's not just lonely, friendless people either. A friend of mine developed feelings for me after I visited him when he was sick one day and spent a few hours at his bedside. (He crushed on me a little even before then, though I was dense and never noticed. It got a lot more serious after that day, though.)

I'm just someone who wants and needs a lot of warmth and intimate connections, and so I try to lather those around me with the degree and intensity of love that I need myself. I don't want to be a sex object or a seductress, I want to be a warm blanket that makes people feel loved and safe.
>>
>>17900701
I understand the sentiment, but as a natural consequence guys are going to get the wrong idea.

To a guy an attractive woman providing emotional support is a girlfriend/wife in a nutshell. That's just not what friends do.

I'm afraid you're either going to have to continue to turn down those you're helping or learn to be a little more aloof with men you're not interested in.

I don't mean to be pushy, it's your decision, but for the record the more altruistic option is being a bit more aloof. It's cruel to be kind.
>>
>>17900701
Your pretty easy to fall in love with I'd say.
>>
>>17900715
> providing emotional support
>That's just not what friends do.
Holy kek.
>>
>>17900701
>>17900571
I love the term "bromance" because it so perfectly illustrates this point.

To a man, a friend who is a key emotional support and confidant is inherently romantic. So much so that the term bromance to describe such an arrangement IS A THING THAT EXISTS
>>
>>17900701
>I'm very affectionate and loving
>I'm just someone who wants and needs a lot of warmth and intimate connections
>I want to be a warm blanket that makes people feel loved and safe
As a feely touchy sort of guy, I can say that this alone is enough to make you damn attractive. Us guys crave that a ton, and as a consequence we fall.

I'm sorry to say but if you want male friends you will have to back off from that, or you will end up with tons of broken hearts. It's super easy to fall for a girl who's so warm like that.
>>
>>17900720
There are degrees.

Would you be comfortable openly crying in front of multiple male friends? Most guys wouldn't.
>>
I can relate. I've only recently come out of a long term relationship and I'm looking to play the field and just have some fun. Met a cute guy and we've hooked up a few times, told him if he's cool with it we can be FWB. He said he was, and then bam, he catches feelings and now wants to be exclusive. Fuck sake.
>>
>>17900725
Crying under guys usually happens 1on1 and not as a group session, so I don't quite get your point.

Besides, emotional support is all the stuff that comes before crying too.
>>
>>17900715
>Don't be kind, people may get the wrong idea.
You're a faggot
>>
>>17900741
Most guys dont see or have an attachment like this girl is offering. To us its pretty much an Instant I want this girl to give me this forever.
>>
>>17900538
First of all, don't confuse love with lust. A lot of men want your body and are not interested in all the good you're capable of doing in your life. You can have sex with as many or as few of them as you like, but of course it's not as sexy if you don't feel it back.

Next, you'll have to untangle platonic vs. romantic love. The kind of love you give is empathy. You might be one of the people known as empaths. Embrace this.

And yes if you are then your challenge is going to be having everybody you care about want to sleep with you.

The answer depends largely on who you are.

Some people develop spikes that actively repel people. Some people give in and start dating. Some people take on all the emotional burdens and don't enjoy too much truly reciprocal love because they don't realize they deserve it. Your life will be full of experimental modifications to your persona that allow your heart to interact with the hearts of others in ways that maximize the help and minimize the hurt. You'll only get better and better at this sort of calculation the more you get to know men.

Remember also not to feel guilty for saying no as this is a complete waste of time. The pain you think you're causing them is a lot worse than what they're really feeling. To put it bluntly, most of them will find a way to get over you. Those that won't be able to get over you, you have to do your best not to let them fall for you in the first place.
>>
>>17900538
Wear a bra. Stop hugging and kissing single men. Stop letting single men see you in your underwear. This really shouldn't be difficult for you to understand.
>>
>>17900538
stop wearing a choker. if people had true love for you you would have less guys asking you out.
>>
File: 458N09035_76BFW.jpg (889KB, 2000x1272px) Image search: [Google]
458N09035_76BFW.jpg
889KB, 2000x1272px
>>17900701

you're something out of a lot of men's dreams. you're not a common person, and you clearly must be attractive. unfortunately, the real world and interpersonal relationships do not allow for that level of platonic kindheartedness almost ever, especially not on a large scale like you describe. you're abnormally empathetic and seem to have a true heart. you want to be a warm blanket, but take a look at this thread. you're like some kind of bizarre fucking anime character. i don't know what else to tell you beyond this will be your struggle. look on the bright side, at least it's better than being a completely jaded, cynical and hopeless person like myself and others on here. the kind of love you say you want to give? who wouldn't want that for themselves?
>>
>>17900701
If more women were like you, there would be no need for you to turn all of these guys down. Today, any time a girl doles out affection, it is taken as romantically as possible and that's because its quite rare. If what you say is true, this makes you an exceptional person who has to bear the burden of the general cold-heartedness of women nowadays, it is a terrible situation. In an age where most women don't give a fuck, I would recommend making it clear to all of your guy friends that they can not confuse your affection with romantic attraction. It may make things a little more awkward, but in the long run it could save a great many of your friendships. Don't be subtle.
>>
>>17900725
I surely would never cry in front of a woman (except my sister).
>>
>>17900538
I think I'm in love with OP.
>>
Show us a pic op
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.