[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I absolutely love discussing and picking apart a lot of things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 360_anton_ego_0311.jpg (41KB, 360x235px) Image search: [Google]
360_anton_ego_0311.jpg
41KB, 360x235px
I absolutely love discussing and picking apart a lot of things in the entertainment industry. I find myself writing a lot about it to my groups of friends and to myself to try to get myself to write and articulate better.

The idea came across rather randomly but, is there any way to make any kind of money off of reviewing or critisizing things online? Like books or the like.

I looked it up online and found a few freelancing things, or some guides to do it on certain sites, but I'm not 100% sure if they're reliable or not.

Would freelancing this be at all any good, or should I just keep it as a side hobby and post it online every now and again in hopes to potentially get somewhere from there?
>>
>>17899610
Without letters after your name no one will want to hear your opinion. And if you don't have a background in film your opinions are probably shit anyway.

Tell me what It Follows was about metaphorically. This should be easy since the director hamfisted it.
>>
Start your own site or blog whatever
Network with other bloggers to do guest posts
Contact review sites to do a guest review with showing your portfolio
even better offer them a review to use for something they haven't reviewed yet
Freelance until you get a job offer

It's tough but if you're really good at it and willing to work hard for little money then it is possible

Most reviews will be pop shit tho
>>
>>17899610
It's possible, but the market is kinda flooded these days with hundreds and hundreds of critics, "critics" and entertainment bloggers. You'd have to offer a really unique perspective, or just be intelligent, insightful, and educated enough to separate yourself from the pack.
>>
>>17899617
This is kind of a bad example to use but what about those popular internet reviewers like channelawesome or whatever? Did they just get notoriety from doing it for a long time or is there actually an audience for that?

I use them as an example because as far as I'm aware they seem to get paid for doing that some way or another.

Not to really compare though since they're more comedy focused and that isn't necessarily the kind of thing I'm aiming for, but an example nonetheless.

And unfortunately I haven't seen that film, are you talking about the 2014 film by David Robert Mitchell? I'd be fine watching it sometime soon and give you a response back on it.

I'd like to get some feedback about how I handle my opinion

>>17899623
This is a very nice guideline, I really appreciate it. I'll definetily look into it as a gradual process, as it seems like that's the best way to tackle it according to what >>17899640 says about the matter.
>>
>>17899647
I don't watch youtubers.

How about Little Miss Sunshine?
>>
File: Shane_Carruth_(8748841070).jpg (13KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
Shane_Carruth_(8748841070).jpg
13KB, 220x293px
>>17899647
>I haven't seen the film

You'll fit right in.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.