[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I convince my father that my irritation with SJWs isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

File: GET SOME.png (282KB, 503x374px) Image search: [Google]
GET SOME.png
282KB, 503x374px
How do I convince my father that my irritation with SJWs isn't based on being a contrarian edgelord but an actual problem?

Every debate I get into with him about this just has him ignore my criticism of social justice is not about fairness.
>>
>>17899041
You can have a belief without constantly bringing it up. If you're beliefs are causing strife in your life it's an obsession not s political stance there's a difference
>>
>>17899041
Sounds like you're just stupid and suck at argueing.

Here are some talking points for you:
>The cognitive dissonance of people into politics
Basically people that into politics are doing so because they are shitty people to the people they legitimately should be good to. Every one you meet is basically green-washing their egos because they are inconsiderate to people they know. That way they can still think they are a good person.
>They are trying to regulate others morality.
Calling people racists or using the term hatespeech unironically is exactly the same as calling them sinners. Trying to regulate other people's morality is wrong and no one has the objective answers to how to live life. The fact that these people are enormous hypocrites is just icing on the cake of how stupid they are.
>Traditional beliefs exist for a purpose
In the past tribal mentalities made more sense. Humans are tribal or pack animals. We operate as a meta-organism at a base level. The reason that people like people like themselves more is because of this. In our current luxurious surplus we have outgrown the need for such thought but it has not left our collective subconscious. A homogenous society is a stable and efficient one. People who do not recognize the value of tradition are fools who need to take five steps back and see the bigger picture.

Honestly, you shouldn't care what they do anyway. Just avoid stupid people like that.
>>
First reply is right but apart from that, what's really the concrete damage that SJWs are doing? The real radical folks are a tiny screeching minority. Political correctness sometimes takes bothersome forms but hardly on par with most other problems in society.
>>
>>17899041

Some forms of social justice are actually helpful. If your stance is too broad and ALL social justice is bad in your eyes, then you aren't trying to find the middle ground either.
>>
>>17899066
The difference with calling someone a sinner or someone who spreads hatespeech/is a racist is that the latter two have factual definitions that are not tied to your ideology. If you have a non-factual judgment on a group of people solely on the basis of their skin, that's racist. If you think there's nothing wrong with that then you don't believe you're not a racist, you believe that racism is a meaningless term or a positive thing or whatever.

>Trying to regulate other people's morality is wrong
But distancing yourself from other people's morality is not and that's a very fine line. Besides this is a pretty empty statement given that from childhood onwards there are on-going attempts to regulate your morality, from your parents, friends, schooling and the law itself.
>>
>>17899084
Whoa boy.

Take five steps back. Try to grasp the larger picture.

Stop telling other people what to think and how to live as if you know all the answers.
>>
>>17899090
I am arguing my opinion on a discussion board... how does that imply that I think I know all the answers? Obviously I stand by my opinions because I have them for a reason.
>>
>>17899090

You are telling Anon what to, though.
>>
>>17899090
>>17899095

What to DO*, though
>>
>>17899093
Because you cannot say that racism is objectively wrong. If you study history at all whatsoever you can see the purpose it serves for the preservation of the meta-organism that is a tribe of people. Now that surplus has eradicated scarity it is no longer useful. But to call it objectively moral to not be racist is both obtuse and foolish. It is exactly like calling someone a sinner. Calling someone a sinner is saying that they have violated an arbitrary code of morality that you abide by and perject onto them. Calling someone a racist is saying that somone has violated an arbitrary code of morality that you abide by and have projected upon them.

It is exactly the same.
>>
>>17899041
the only people I know who consistently bring this topic up are contrarian edgelords. it's not as important as you think it is. let it go, you are annoying your dad. you need a new hobby.
>>
>>17899070

Do you realize you are talking like a SJW? Jus replace SJW in you comment with "racist" or "sexist" and done. You are trying yo prevent the bad stuff others do.
>>
>>17899104
>Because you cannot say that racism is objectively wrong.
Which I did not. I said that it has a clear definition. A sinner translates to "you do bad things". You can interpret that in many ways. A racist translate to "you hold x views". If you hold x views then you are a racist literally by definition.

Anything else you want to argue - it serves a purpose, it's innate in humans, anything - doesn't touch upon the definition of the word.
>>
>>17899041
He's right. You're a colossal faggot whose priorities in life are absolutely fucked.

You care about SJW's because you're bombarded with/seek out their garbage every day. He likely never sees it at all, especially since it doesn't actually effect anyone in an appreciable way.

To someone who's paying attention to politics or their employment or real personal/family problems your whining about other people whining about hurt feelings online is asinine garbage.

Grow the fuck up and get some perspective
>>
>>17899109
My opinion is more like >>17899115. I wasn't arguing that OP should like or even feel neutral about that stuff but
>an actual problem
had me frowning.
>>
>>17899112
A sinner has violated the ten commandments. What are you talking about?

Thou shall not kill, lie, steal, covet, take Gods name in vain, dishonor thy parents, cheat on your wife, worship any God but God, or not observe the Sabbath.

Did you not go to Sunday school or something?
>>
>>17899120
See previous comment:

>have factual definitions that are not tied to your ideology

The concept of a sinner is not exclusive to Christianity.
And I'm actually pretty sure that you can be a sinner without going against one of the ten commandments... like by masturbating.
>>
>>17899131
In what way is the definition of racism not tied to ideology?

Stating that one shall not judge based on the racial background of another is fundamentally an ideological statement.
>>
>>17899131

Yeah, there's a passage about Onan and "spilling your seed on the ground" (meaning wasting it) or some shit like that.
>>
>>17899138
That's old testiment. Dude was fucking his dead brothers wife but pulled out then God got pissed.
>>
>>17899139

Yeah, that sounds right.
>>
>>17899136
Because for the tenth time, the moral implication of the word is in people's perception and because of the way it's used. The actual definition of racism is not morally charged. It is simply referring to someone who holds x beliefs (has non-factual opinions/beliefs about how people are solely on the premise of their race).

I don't understand why you find it so hard to separate the literal definition from the involved associations.
>>
OP is retarded and >>17899115 is the correct advice

>>17899142
>>17899139
>>17899138
>>17899131
you're triggering my autism
Masturbation is not a sin

Onan's older brother was married and died. Onan's father told Onan to enter a levirate marriage with his brother's widow and give her a child. This would mean the child would be considered his brother's heir and therefore the primary heir of the family patriarch (whereas if his brother had no heir then Onan himself would be the heir)

He fucked her and then pulled out, refusing to sire an heir for his deceased brother out of greed. This was evil so god slew Onan.
>>
>>17899144
It absolutely is morally charged. Would you like someone else to call you a racist? Or would you say "I'm not racist"?

Sure does feel exactly the same as being called a witch in Salem.
>>
>>17899153
It is morally charged because it is condemned within society. The word "breasts" is sexually charged but it's still just a neutral descriptive term of bodyparts. But if people are calling you something which by definition you are, and they find that something bad even if you don't, there's nothing you can do about that. They aren't making false accusations (at least, assuming they stick to calling you a racist for having racist ideas) and it is their right to be disgusted with views you are comfortable with.
>>
>>17899151

Clearly I'm not that religious. I heard that story once used to condemn masturbation. Guess they were wrong, then.
>>
>>17899070
>perpetuate inequality
>undermine civil rights
>stunt intellectual discourse
>spread disinformation
>halt progress
and that's just touching on some of the shit they themselves claim to champion

>>17899108
It's far more important than you realize. You may not care about politics but it cares about you.
>>
>>17899151
>>17899158
To be fair people did use to think that masturbation was sinful, but I don't know the Bible nearly well enough to say whether there's real grounds for that in there.
>>
>>17899156
Huh, kind of exactly the same as calling someone a sinner.

Lets say you worshiped another god. Now you're a sinner. Being a sinner in this definition is set. Doing so is breaking an arbitrary moral definiation. It is exactly the same as being called racist for breaking a similar arbitrary moral definition.

What don't you get? Step back five steps and look at the larger picture. It is not for you to decide whether judging based on race is or is not wrong. The definition of racism is exactly as arbitrary as sinner.
>>
>>17899163
>>17899158
A misinterpretation of the tale of Onan is used to justify calling masturbation a sin. It's where the "spill your seed on the ground" line comes from.

A ton of modern Christianity is based on willful misinterpretations. Most notably you'll hear modern christians swear up and down that Jesus' covenant with mankind replaced/invalidated the old covenant (which is why you don't need to get circumcised, you can eat pork, etc., etc.) then turn around and quote Leviticus (old testament) when justifying what they classify as sinful.
>>
>>17899167
Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I am overlooking "the bigger picture". It's kind of a big fucking difference that the "arbitrary moral definition" here is not an ideology you either identify with or not but the overall social climate within society. And, once again, I know you love this example but calling someone a sinner is a judgment. Calling someone a racist is an assessment. By your own volition you don't believe racism is (as) wrong (as society typically thinks). Then THAT'S what you believe, that racism is not that negative or even useful or whatever. Not that you're not a racist because you just are, no two ways about it, the definition is clear.

It is not up to me to decide whether or not racism is objectively wrong. It is up to me, and everyone else for them, to decide whether I want to associate with racism. Whether I want to fight racist influences in the society I also live in. Whether I want to tell someone to shut up when he starts telling me stuff I don't want to hear.

Honestly it is pretty ironic to me that you start out trashing SJWs, but then you go on saying how people should keep their opinions about what you voice to themselves to not hurt your feels and make you feel left out. No mate, if I don't like what you say you'll know it. If you don't want people to judge you then think whatever you want inside your head where no one does.
You kind of sound like a fat girl who wants to force other people to call her curvy at this point...
>>
>>17899183
>you're a sinner
is an assessment
>and you're going to hell for it!
is a judgment
>>
>>17899183
No, it is not. Calling someone a racist is a judgement because it hinges on the idea that the defintion is correct. Calling someone a sinner is exactly the same. I trash SJWs because they don't see their own foolishness. I believe that I have no idea what to believe and that the people who think that they do are stupid as fuck.

The definition of racism is both philosophical and moral and you judge based on it. Just because it has a more simple definition doesn't make it any less arbitrary than the word sinner.
>>
>>17899202
The important thing is that you've found a way to feel superior to everyone without actually having to choose a position or think about anything.

This thread is off the rails.

OP's father is right, see >>17899115

People who don't spend all their time on /pol/ don't want to hear your punk ass complain about tumblr.
>>
>>17899208
There is no objectively correct position to be had. Only fools believe that there is.
>>
Why do you talk about SJWs with your Dad? Who gives a fuck what your parents think?

Just be a good son or daughter, if it comes up say you think PC culture is out of control and leave it at that. You don't have to impose your beliefs on your parents or anyone else. Shit, you sound like an SJW.
>>
Sorry, kid, but you're no Socrates.

Stop confusing a lack of a position with humility.
>>
>>17899221
I'm openly arrogant, nerd.

That's an assessment, not a judgement btw.
>>
>>17899197
Fair enough, but the word "sinner" would be meaningless without an expectation you could not live up to (to stick to whatever rules/commandments).

>>17899202
The definition IS correct, you are confusing people finding racism wrong as a phenomenon with racism implying anything moral. Or being willfully obtuse, not sure anymore at this point. See above for the last thing I will say about the sinner-stuff you're spouting.

-I- judge racism as a bad phenomenon. -You- judge it as something undefined or neutral or positive or whatever, you're just uncomfortable with other people strongly disliking your (potential) ideas.
You are absolutely right in that the word racism is very rarely USED in a neutral way, but that's another thing. The definition is something you can objectively measure (in many cases at least, there's always grey area stuff). What every person attaches to that morality-wise is up to them.

I don't understand your big fit about the word either, obviously it's stigmatized but the real issue is with what people think of the beliefs anyway. Not like if tomorrow the word racism got banned people would think that racist ideas are fine and dandy. If you really believe that stuff have the balls to stand by it quietly or vocally and not insist that others should tiptoe around you having a controversial stance. It comes with the territory.
>>
>>17899240
I think that being racist is extremely useful in a high risk tribal environment and that it keeps this type of meta-organism healthy. I think that it is not useful in our current level of surplus and only holds back man from furthering himself in his knowedge and power.

I think of religion in the same way.

I could compare it to calling somone a nerd as well. I agree with what you are saying. But I still extend that sinner is exactly as arbitrary despite its definition being more complex. And I extend that racist is used in exactly the same manner as sinner. It does have an ideological definition behind it. Being racist is an ideology in itself, afterall.
>>
Either op is actually autistic or 12 years old
Lile you actually have to have some form of autism if you argue like he does in the thread
Racism is an unscientific and unmoral belief about the inferiority of other human beings based on their descent and therefore genes. In modern society, calling someone a racist has rightfully become an insult. It is true that it belongs to a moral codex that people nowadays abide to, but then your criticism should be directed at the moral codex of modern society and not the word racism.
A sin is an act which goes against the laws of god. It has no connotations to the word racism whatsoever aside of the fact that calling someone a sinner is also part of another moral codex that certain people abide to. But aside of that, both have nothing in common.
Your comparison simply makes no sense and it is not clear what you are criticising.
tldr ur father is right and if you really are above the age of 18 you seem to lack mental development
>>
>>17899258
I wouldn't judge anyone on their intellect if I wrote at that level. Read a book.
>>
>>17899162
>It's far more important than you realize. You may not care about politics but it cares about you.
LOL
Please elaborate why I, a normal, sane human being, should care.
>>
>>17899268
Interesting refutation of my arguments, senpai.
>>
ITT a budding neo-nazi plugs his ears as people tell him his views are asinine and childish
>>
>>17899278
I've already out-argued you in previous posts.
>>
>>17899041
Tell him, I, a pretty far left liberal on the internet, said that SJWs are whiney faggots and theyre ruining everything we fight for by focusing on which bathrooms trannies can use and inventing new terms and contexts for racism hourly instead of our true goal, to make sure everyone has free access to jobs training and fair wages, and trying to propogate science and rationality.

Because dude.. This shit is fucking bonkers. Im in an interacial relationship and i grew up in a white minority city where white priveledge doesnt exist. Im getting accused of white priveledge and racism like its going out of style.

Plus trannies are crying about bathrooms, and though i understand and recognize gender dysmorphia, i feel like 80% of trannies now are just special snowflakes with no actual mental problem but are jumping on the attention train.

Holy. Fuck. What happens if a nuclear bomb drops? Am i going to get yelled at for misgendering a dude im trying to buy a gun off of with bottlecaps?
>>
>>17899224
literally kill yourself chuuni manchild
>>
>>17899041
>How do I convince my father

forget it

find something you can agree with pops
>>
>>17899282
What? I just entered this thread to see the unending amount of illogical autism you keep on spouting. How are your argumemts supposed to refute the ones I just made when they are clearly differemt from everyone elses?
I mean, your autistic definition of racism which features as many unnecessary foreign words as possible to sound more intelligent and thus, more superior, is actually the definition of the word xenophobia amd not racism.
>>
File: qOz6PVQ.gif (500KB, 470x296px) Image search: [Google]
qOz6PVQ.gif
500KB, 470x296px
>>17899288
>>
>>17899300
The insult that you are so desperately searching for is bombastic. Look it up sometime.
>>
>How do I convince my father that my irritation with SJWs isn't based on being a contrarian edgelord
You let him know that it's actually based on identity politics and the stormfront propaganda machine.

Because whether or not you recognize it, that's where your opinion came from.
>>
>>17899305
I'm actually being trolled
You got me senpai
xD
>>
>>17899317
No, I sincerely would like you to read a book. Go to Barnes and Noble, head to the philosophy section, and pick something up. Anything really.
>>
>>17899321
I prefer reciting the holy Qu'ran and end disbelief, filthy kafir xd.
>>
>>17899335
Lmao, now I like you. I'd drink with you anytime.
>>
>>17899343
k
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.