[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have experience with contact lens? Pros? cons?, what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: keira2.png (2MB, 1600x900px)
keira2.png
2MB, 1600x900px
Does anyone have experience with contact lens?
Pros? cons?, what's the chance of getting infected with something that could blind me?
>>
They're really great, but the side-effects ( dry eyes, itchy eyes, etc) vary greatly per person so just try them out. Infections are rare because you either sleep with them on and never take them out or you never clean them with new solution. If you're aware of the consequences, you'll likely be fine.
>>
Pros: Wider area of vision, don't have to worry about: smudging, decreased chance of potential damage of the visual apparatus (lens) to external sources, scratches on glass that hinder vision.

Cons: Itchiness, dryness, if you scratch at your eye the lens has a chance of falling out and when it does you're temporarily boned if you can't find it/don't have replacements.

Most of the cons can be remedied if you purchase rewetting drops and sustain proper hygiene etiquette to the contact lenses. Definitely worth it, OP
>>
Definitely worth it. I have ones I only need to change once a week and I can't even tell they are in at all (apart from the clear vision). It takes a bit of practice to put them in smoothly though
>>
File: keira...png (2MB, 1600x900px)
keira...png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>17898612
a new pair every week?
so you used disposable soft lenses? how much did you pay for them each week? you feel comfortable? How bad is your myopia? 3 to 6 diopters ?

Anyone here used those rigid gas permeable lenses? I heard aside from taking longer to adjust, and maybe painful for some, it's a lot less fuss when it comes to maintenance, and lasts like a year.
>>
b
>>
>>17898508
>the side-effects ( dry eyes, itchy eyes, etc) vary greatly per person
They also vary greatly per brand of contact lens. If its your first time trying them, the optometrist will probably give you a sample pack to try for a week or two. If they bother you, SAY SO when you go back.

There are MANY companies that manufacture contact lenses and MANY different brands with different shapes, sizes, and materials. The optometrist should be able to give you a different brand to try the second time... or third time... or however long it takes.

There will probably be a giant cabinet full of contact lens samples somewhere in your optometrist's office. This is what it is for.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.