[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are you supposed to do when you don't want love, don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1562.jpg (71KB, 750x537px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1562.jpg
71KB, 750x537px
What are you supposed to do when you don't want love, don't want money, don't want booze or drugs, don't want fame or power and have everything you could ever want or need but you keep wanting SOMETHING?
>>
>>17898146
>have everything you could ever want or need
Ensure that it stays that way.

Also artsy stuff.
>>
>>17898146
cyka blyad
play vidya,
spasiba?
>>
>>17898148
But it's shit. And I don't like making art any more than I like any of that.

>>17898150
Fucking tosser can't even tell a fenno-ugric language from a slavic one.
>>
>>17898164
Creating stuff is generally a pretty good idea, if you don't enjoy painting/drawing anymore, there is writing and music, you might even give game developing a try by making some levels. There is also an entire world of coding stuff.

Even if you don't feel like doing the shit at start, you might eventually start to like it. Pick up something you never did before and do it consistently for a month or two, if you still don't feel it, pick up something else. You might find something you really like in the end, even if it wasn't from the activity directly, or at least kill some time looking for it.
>>
>>17898188
You think that's not what I've been doing for the past ten years?

I wrote a fucking book once. It was shit and I didn't bother with trying a second draft, but I've painted, written, played a piano, clarinet and composed something for a kantele (a real one, not one of the five-string ones they make for children), made stained glass both of the ways, I mean fuck it I put together a wig once, and I STILL want to kill myself.
>>
>>17898199
>It was shit and I didn't bother with trying a second draft
But nigga, second draft is where it starts to get serious. Although sounds like you really tried quite a bit stuff. How about more active shit like sports and volunteering (or travel & work abroad)? Specially the latter might be a massive change of your lifestyle but shit, might as well try before solving the boredom/depression the permanent way.
>>
>>17898218
I can't travel much because of my work, and I donate money every month and blood whenever I get the opportunity.

I hate sports more than virtually anything in the world. Like, sure, war and child rape and all that stuff is bad but I hate sports personally.
>>
That's an awful feeling that I can relate to and have felt on occasion, but I'd also wager that you're trying to make yourself feel bad right now. You're trying to convince yourself that you cannot be happy. And you've gotten pretty damned good at it. Your brain is wired in such a way that most actions are designed to make you feel bad.

All I can suggest is to change your perspective. It's easier said then done, but you can't keep rationalizing yourself to shit and then arguing with people who try to help you.
>>
>>17898225
How about a pet then? Can add companionship and some variation in life. Although from the sound of it you probably thought of it too, so guess not an option either.

Do you absolutely have no other desires you ever thought of fulfilling? Nothing that keeps you dreaming about or waking up to? What was your motivating to keep looking for that SOMETHING so far?
>>
>>17898236
That's a very strange argument but not the first time I hear it.

Let me ask, why WOULD anyone ever actively choose to be unhappy?
>>
>>17898245
I've considered getting a pet, but I wouldn't have the time to pour into one that would be worth the trouble. Dogs and parrots are only any good if you have the time to train and befriend them, cats and fish are no fun at all.

And I really don't know. I thought I wanted a boyfriend for a good while, but never found a guy I'd actually be able to tolerate, not to speak of wanting, so I guess not.
>>
>>17898146
Usually people try to find God. Be careful and don't join a cult.
>>
>>17898258
>time
What about looking into ways to increase the time you have then? A job with more flexible hours for example or even another one. Quite an overkill for a fucking parrot but some change in your life probably won't hurt either way.

>>17898253
Not the guy but the answer is basically: Brains. Feeling unhappy is can become addictive if it turns into a common pattern at some point, so our brains prefer following what we learned and tend to fight the change. Obviously influenced by behavior patterns you learn in your childhood or due trauma or insecurity. Unhappy becomes "normal" and everything that affects it is viewed as negative.
>>
>>17898253
I think "choose to be unhappy" is correct because I'm suggesting the choice is not there. Your brain is wired to be unhappy. Your brain is constantly adding new wirings, but the majority of the new wirings are ones influenced by negative emotions and negative thought patterns. As a result, your brain has quite the negative thought loop, and what's more, t's basically the default loop.

You need to establish new wirings. Unfortunately it's like training an old dog, and most of the damage has already been done.
>>
>>17898274
Old dogs CAN learn. They just don't think you're someone worth impressing anymore.
>>
>>17898318
I just think OP needs a new challenging activity.
Something to stimulate the mind

Learn an instrument
Do a new sport
Do something for Christ sake have fun with your life and spice it up
>>
Religion.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.