[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to get out of the corporate rat race. Have managing experience.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1482862835672.jpg (64KB, 586x579px) Image search: [Google]
1482862835672.jpg
64KB, 586x579px
Want to get out of the corporate rat race.
Have managing experience.
Recently moved to great small town, has a big y, a walmart close by etc.
Wondering how much a manager at those places work and how much do they pay?
I would love to work aside the common people/pot heads.
Done with the business over rated world.
I already have a house and have achieved everything I wanted.
I want to be in slowdown retirement mode.
Please let me know anything you know about payment and or benefits in the eastcoast for those two companies.
>>
bump
>>
A Walmart Assistant Manager at a metro store on the west coast starts at around 48k. Metro is used to classify busy stores. Non-metro will make less, but that's from being pormoted from within, in which case your salary is non-negotiable. If you're getting hired from outside the company I believe you can negotiate.

Also, having run a grocery store or something like that will get you much further in the company. Fresh grocery management experience get's you promoted, period. That's the path to store manager, and it's literally listed under perferable experience to have run a fresh or dry grocery area for at least a year when they post reqs for store managers.

As for whether or not it's worth it depends on if you have a problem working sifferent shifts. Assistant Managers take turns closing the store once or twice a week each, and you will undoubtedly have to do a rotation of at least 6 months to a year working overnight, unless you constantly transfer stores to avoid nights, which some people do.

My advice would be get into a neighborhood market because it's much easier. If you go to a busy store you're in for a world of shit.

Ask me about hourly managers if that's what you want to know though.
>>
>>17897569
Also, that's based on a 48 hour work week, but you will almost always be working more than that, especially when you're doing your rotation on nights. And you'll work every holidy, sometimes 16 hours a day.

Literally everyone will treat you like garbage. Your bosses, the people working under you, and the customers as well. That's just the prevalent culture there.
>>
>>17897569
yes tell me more friend.
This is a small town so i cant imagine it getting to crazy or busy.
Im even closer to the big y.
Do you know how much big y store managers make?
>>
>>17897619
I don't know about big y, but I worked for Walmart for 4 years.

The company has okay benefits and a company match for your 401k and company stocks you purchase, but only up to a certain percentage per year. They just switched over to a PTO system instead of giving you vacation time, so the longer you work there the faster you will aquire PTO. They did away with holiday pay though.

You can become an hourly manager if you want. Department Managers have the best schedules as they work 6:30 to 3:30 and have weekends off, but usually have to work at least one weekend day a month. If money isn't a problem, I'd go with that in order to keep human hours. Support Managers make more, at least 15 dollars an hour, but they work only the closing shit or overnight. Some DMs make at least 15 as well, but only those in service areas with registers, and they're required to work like 3 weekends a month or something.
>>
>>17897643
awesome so what did life look like in the daily life of managing.
What was your main objectives or things you had to be on top of during your hours working?
Also this walmart seems like it only ever stays open until 11 am the latlest, on holidays or holiday season maybe 12 the latest.
>>
>>17897659
Even if the store is closed there is an overnight team working there.

As for your objectives, it largly changes depending on your specific position. When I was a DM I had a routine that is different than what they have now because of changes in company policy. But basically, your main focus is going to be to manage the on-hands in your department or departments. The counts your perpetual inventory mean everything. If your on-hands are wrong you're going to shrink when you do your price changes, your inventory is going to be fucked, the system is going to order shit you don't need or not order shit you need, etc. Everything falls apart if your on-hands are wrong. Then you're basically responsible for your department in every other way, go backs, cleanliness, merchandising, dealing with vendors if you have them, etc.

As a the closing support manager I was basically in charge of running the store. I'll tell you more but I have to leave for a few hours.
>>
>>17897506
move to a rural state or country and you wont care about money
>>
>>17897676
cool hopefully thread will still be alive by then
>>
>>17897690
exactly what i did pretty much.
pretty much bought anything i ever wanted thats why trying to transition
>>
I'm just letting you know that I forgot about your thread and I'm on my way to work right now, but I'll update you later.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.