[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was a nerd in high school. Played WoW, runescape, vidya and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I was a nerd in high school. Played WoW, runescape, vidya and struggled to talk to girls, etc.

I'm working and post-college now, and i went home to visit family and friends. A lot of friends still vidya and live in the same town, while I quit playing everything, moved across country, and tried the whole lift and improve yourself thing cause I hated being a nerd.

i looked in the mirror after getting home from hanging with them, and was intimidated and scared at what I saw. I'm pretty /fit/ and I try to dress cleaner now, but I still feel like the skinny nerd with a band t shirt and flip flops on the inside.

I cried.

I don't know what to do - after all these years i changed myself so much and i still don't feel like "me". I don't feel whole. But I know I did feel whole playing vidya with my friends and drinking soda and being a lanklet.

Tl;dr fit normie on the outside but shy beta high schooler on the inside has an identity crisis triggered by childhood friends, should I reinvent myself yet again???
>>
You become who you were meant to be. Why even take an identity? You can make links between people.

You can be in control over the strong, while I being among the weak. Be justice and love everyone and everything.
>>
You're incredibly insecure. Why does it matter if you were a nerd? Why didn't you want to be called a nerd? You do realize you can be fit and enjoy playing video games, right? Just because you play some skyrim after work or go raid Molten Core on the weekends doesn't make you a degenerate. You should first work on overcoming some of your real disadvantages and do things that you enjoy (as long as they aren't destructive like cocaine or something). As long as you are working towards something you're proud of and are making something for yourself who the fuck is to say what hobbies you should have? If you have no job, no education, and are living at home, then yeah you should cut back on the games.
Adults take care of themselves and family first, then do hobbies second. Sounds like you were ashamed of you're hobbies for some reason when you had no reason to be.
>>
>>17897707
>Sounds like you were ashamed of you're hobbies for some reason when you had no reason to be.

Nobody respects or wants to fuck the max level paladin with top arena ratings.

They want to respect and fuck the Chad sports captain who got invited to all the parties and fucked the popular hot girls underneath the bleachers
>>
>>17897731
Nobody worth your time if she hates your hobbies
>>
>>17897731
Sounds like you never really changed, you just adopted a persona. It's fine to play video games anon, just don't define your life by them. If you're overall a fun person to be around why would people give a fuck what you do with your free time? Everything is fine in moderation. I too was a RuneScape nerd, got to level 110 I think, wow had like 4 maxed out characters, etc.

I still play vidya occassionally and people know that but didn't stop me getting asked out by a cute girl recently and doesn't stop people from wanting my company.
>>
>>17897757
>just b urself
>>
>>17897390
Lol
>>
>>17897731
Different strokes for different folks, anon. Just because you get your rocks off playing vidya or whatever, doesn't mean you're a lesser person. People like and excel at different things, and there's no shame in that. Anyone you tells you otherwise is a circlejerking cliquelet falldown.

Take my word for it, these kinds of people are NOT who you should be trying to impress -- simply because most of them are not genuine/cannot think for themselves, and will throw you away when you stop being of use to them or you detract from their image somehow. Therefore their respect is worth absolutely nothing, understand?

However, that's not to say it's impossible to have a good time hanging out with people who hit up the clubs every weekend. I'm just saying that enjoying something (partying, sex, people, etc) for its own sake, rather than treating that something as a means to an end (i.e. social status) will in the long run give you much more fulfilment.

Why? Well frankly the grass is not necesssrily greener on the other side. For example, when last year I taught myself how to pick up chicks (lol), I soon found out it's not all that it's cracked to be. I have never felt more lonely in my life, than the morning after having a one night stand with some lady I spotted out at the mall. Turns out I'd much rather have a girlfriend. But anyways, bottom line: stop putting boozing and pussy on a pedestal, life is not a pissing contest. Value your chums, because there is nothing more priceless than a true friend that will always enjoy you for being you.
>>
>>17897904
Dude everyone judges you for the value you bring. Women, "friends", employers, only people who will like "you for you" are your parents, if they're not shitheads.
>>
>>17897390
lmao
it's funny you call yourself normie
next you're gonna tell us you look like Chad kek
>>
>>17897390
I know many people who are fit, have jobs, are very sexually active and so forth who love playing video games several hours a day and nobody judges them for it.

I also know fat shut-ins who play games and watch anime all day who don't meet as many girls although still some but they are still not ashamed of their lives because that's what they like to do.

I respect both types of people because they do what they want and what works for them right now and are not insecure, constantly worrying about how alpha or beta every single decision they make is.
>>
>>17899042
Are you an attractive woman? If not then your post doesn't mean shit
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.