/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone tell me how you find a passion in life? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: 1466986087174.jpg (2MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1466986087174.jpg
2MB, 2880x1800px
Can someone tell me how you find a passion in life? I'm 24 years old, just recently graduated with a B.A in Communication and I have absolutely no interest in anything. The only things I like are anime, video games, and Japan. (Yes I'm aware those are stereotypical weeaboo interests) The thing is that I currently work part time at an antique shop making $8 an hour, I'm trying to find a better job but it's been difficult.

I really don't know what I can even do with my degree, and it's hard to apply for a job when you have no direction in purpose in life. As I type this I'm kind of having an anxiety attack, the future really scares me and I sometimes don't know what I'm going to do. I would pursue an M.A but I don't know what to pursue it in, once again that goes back to having no passion or drive in life. I don't have the money to just travel around the world and "find myself" or anything like that, I have no friends or a social life and all I do is work and sit at home.

I also wanted to point out I have no interest in joining the military, I know some people claim that gives them purpose and direction in life but that option isn't for me. How do you get purpose and direction in life? It's so a hard question to answer, and I feel that only I can answer it. Everything I like is just a hobby, I don't feel you can get a career in anime or video games unless you're making them, which I am not. Anime and video games is not really a career based passion unless you're doing marketing, or working for the business side of an anime or video game company. I just wish I didn't find everything boring in life, I'm 24 and have barely experience life but I don't have any aspirations. A lot of people my age know what they want to do and I'm envious of them, they have direction and are passionate about what they want to do for a career. It's really frustrating not to have that, I don't want to spend the next two years living at home working part time with a college degree.
>>
Too bad you fell for the college meme. Go do a 6 month welding course, get certified, then go to a trade employment agency. Guaranteed full time gig with better pay within 6 months.

I did this at a local community college. Immediately after graduating I went to an agency and they got me a job that day.
>>
>>17896921
>I don't want to spend the next two years living at home
This is now your purpose in life.
It'll do until another will come along.
Focus on getting a job, any job, that pays enough for you to move out. Ignore whether it is a "career" or not.

Next, get friends that may someday become roomates. These guys will also become your support system when you are not with your family. Help be a support system for them.
>>
>>17896940
I have no passion in welding, have no desire or interest to learn it either. I'm aware welding makes good money, but I figured usually people who learn a trade or do welding have some kind of interest in it.

I don't, and that's why I wish I had a passion in life. If I thought welding was neat and actually wanted to commit to learning it, I would.

>>17896944
>Focus on getting a job, any job, that pays enough for you to move out. Ignore whether it is a "career" or not.

Paying for an apartment is expensive, even cheap ones can be expensive and I don't think you can sustain an apartment on minimum wage salary. I make about $350 per paycheck right now at this current job, but I have a B.A and I figured the college degree should entitlement to some form of higher paid work. The issue is that I don't know what to do with the degree, it's a versatile degree but everything I can do with it is boring. I only majored in it because I had to pick a major, and this is the one I decided on. I'm not saying I'm looking for a career but finding a job that pays like $14 an hour with benefits would be nice, just need to find one first and it's hard to find one if you don't know what to look for.

You could ask me "Well what are you good at?" and I would tell you "Nothing." I sometimes don't think I have any skills or I'm particularly good at anything, that makes finding a job tough. You see my predicament? I can't even find some higher level work because I don't have a passion or interest in anything, I could certainly learn how to do a job but I'd have to look for entry level positions. And entry level positions tend to not pay super well, plus I live far away from any metropolis areas so I'd have to relocate and a lot of them don't offer a relocation fee, which makes it hard to move from my rural city to a big city as well.
>>
>>17896968
No my passion is making music and playing medieval RPGs. Welding is just a way to make money. It's pretty fun too, easy days at work. Good schedule.

Just because you're working a random job to earn an income doesn't mean you can't pursue your passion. A lot of famous musicians were pizza boys, construction workers, gas station workers, before their art career set off.

Very few people do the "drop everything and chase my dream" path. Most people find that depending on your passion for income tarnishes your work.
>>
>>17896994
I know welding pays well, but I have a B.A and I never considered going to trade school. I know welding is really popular as well, but it's not something I see myself doing. A lot of people I knew who went into welding WANTED to do that, I'm not saying everyone is like that but they had already decided to learn it. Also I've heard bad stereotypes associated with trade schools and trade work, they usually say only rednecks and uneducated people work those jobs because they couldn't get into college or find a reputable profession. People who are Electricians, Plumbers, Welders, A/C and Refrigerator repair, etc. Of course I don't really think that, but if those people had a passion or interest in having that career than good for them.

I frankly don't, nor have an interest in it.
>>
>>17897024
Not him but

You're fixating on welding. If those are you interests then accept that you won't find a job that will really mean anything to you. That's find. Find a job you're comfortable with that pays for your needs and do that while spending the majority of your time with your interests.

This is how most people operate, only a few have a "passion" for their work and they are made the example and praised to high hell because passionate workers are profitable workers.

Don't get swept up in the rat race. No one gives a shit about working.
>>
>>17897041
I'm just using welding as an example since he brought it up, and as for "Finding a job that you're comfortable with that pays for your needs." I find that tough, how do you just "Find a job." I mean you can find a job, but I'd like a job paying $14 an hour or a decent wage not just $8 an hour or minimum wage. So that means you need to look for specific jobs and not minimum wage low-tier ones.

That means you need to look for specific jobs, that require specific skills or some kind of passion. You want to work in marketing, business, design? Then you can apply for jobs in that area, but do you have a degree in Marketing, Business, or Design? No, well you're out of luck. I didn't get a degree in Marketing, so I can't rightfully apply for a Marketing job. I don't have any experience doing that job, and a company most likely won't hire me. That's why I'm looking for entry level work because at least they know I won't have experience, but even then finding entry level work is tough because I don't know what I fucking want to do in life.

I HAVE NO PASSION, I'm not saying I need to find a job that I love, but it'd be nice to do something that I enjoy or that I don't mind doing.
>>
>>17897056
That's why I'm telling you this. You should have went for a trade instead college. You have no passion for communications, why'd you do it?

Also, trade workers my age (23) are sharp and disciplined as fuck. I see more "losers" in college these days. All my welder friends get laid often, are saving money, and have great haircuts.

Stop thinking you have to be passionate about your job. That's a meme.

Are you passionate about pissing? It's something you have to do, so you have to be passionate about it or else it's not worth doing, right??

Get a stable job and practice your passion/hobby with your spare time. You don't have to love your job, I think not minding it or "kinda liking" it is sufficient. Working a full time job that doesn't crush your soul becomes second nature after a short while. I work 7-330 M-F, get out, hike, play guitar, hang with friends, record music. I wouldn't be able to enjoy these things if it wasn't for welding, even though I only enjoy it a moderate amount. I'm grateful.
>>
>>17897128
Also Japan needs lots of welders and travel welding programs exist. This applies to all trades.
>>
>>17897128
>>17897131
I appreciate what you're telling me, but I can't see myself going into welding. Or going into trade school in general, if it ever gets to that then maybe I'll consider it.
>>
Aside from passions like music (which is a very good one to have), I'd say in order to find a passion, you first need to do some digging to find out what matters.
>>
Remember when you were motivated and enthusiatic?

Remember when you weren't?Remember when you were motivated and enthusiatic?

Remember when you weren't?
LIFE IS A CYCLE, SOON ENOUGH IT WILL BE OUTRAGEOUSLY INTERESTING, AND YOU CAN BARELY CONTAIN YOURSEL

>then it will be boring again

life is what it is, there is nothing we can do about it.

But wait, and you'll get million dollar prizes.
>>
>>17896968
>I figured usually people who learn a trade or do welding have some kind of interest in it.

That's not how life works you dumbfuck millenial.
>>
>>17897232
Fuck you baby boomer prick, or whatever generation you came from. We're not living in your time anymore, stop living in the 1960's and 70's, that time has passed. It's not coming back so you might as well get over it, your generation wasn't perfect either.

Get over yourself.
>>
Why don't you use your college degree to teach English in Japan for a while? Then you can learn Japanese, experience the motherland, and then get a side job translating animu shit for crunchyroll or something? It probably pays worse than just working fulltime minimum wage, but hey, at least you'll be doing something cool.
>>
>>17897239
I'm actually from the same generation -- I hate pretty much everyone else my age, but on the bright side you are all such losers I didn't have any trouble landing a high-paying job after getting a math degree instead of following 'muh pashtun'.
>>
>>17897239
I'm not the person you are replying to, but it's a huge joke that millennials call out other millennials.

Do you really think other generations would call somebody 'millennial' ?
>>
>>17897267
>Muh Math degree

Congrats, not everyone is good at Math or cares to pursue a Math degree. Don't look down on others just because they aren't good at what you're good at, that'll come back to bite you one day. Everyone is different has their own flaws and strengths, but based off your post you sound quite bitter, arrogant, and narcissistic.
>>
>>17896921
>The only things I like are anime, video games, and Japan.
Alright. Now try to analyze why you like the shit beyond the hamster wheel of easy gratification.

>I didn't find everything boring in life, I'm 24 and have barely experience life but I don't have any aspirations.
Obviously you find life boring if you don't live it and waste your time with passive media consumption. It's like looking at the package of a game instead of playing it.

> I don't feel you can get a career in anime or video games unless you're making them
Who gives a fuck. The point of any job or career is to provide you with money, if you need money for your aspiration. Only few people actually like their job ... if that's your goal, focus on finding a job you like and screw how realistic it is. If you don't even know what your goal is, the entire question is moot.

>>17897267
>I didn't have any trouble landing a high-paying job after getting a math degree instead of following 'muh pashtun'.
And now you ended up here, sad and bitter. Totally worth it, bruv.
>>
>>17897405
there is a type of person who likes to respond to advice threads, without actually giving advice, but pointing out how "wrong" every one else is.

They give no insight on how to stop being 'wrong'

They post to make themselves feel better, and they don't care about the actual situation.

What they do is unconscious, they are not aware of how shitty they look. They are totally unaware.

Could you be one? Are you capable of stopping and thinking?
>>
>>17896921
>B.A in Communication
lol, yet another brainless journalist detected.
go sell shit as "news" in the TV or some newspapers, that's all you can use your degree for anyway
>>
>>17897438
Are you capable of reading and comprehending? Advice was given, I also called out a faggot for being wrong and bad at life. Can't ask for much more.
>>
>>17897267
>math degree
300k starting, right?
>>
>>17897453
the most interesting response would be to ignore it, as an observer if you ignored that post it would have weakened it slightly.

Your quick response, and the response itself, if analyzed, is completely protective of your own ego.

You almost totally proved the original point.
>>
>>17897472
Why the fuck would I ignore it if I can get some response, which will alleviate my sleepiness at worst and could start a discussion that will lead to something interesting and maybe even help with OPs question at best.

Getting some guy trying to analyze me over two posts is somewhere in the middle, so please go on.
>>
do what you want dude

if you don't care what you do then it really doesn't matter what happens; it's better than doing nothing.

For a 24 year old graduate you seem to have a very very narrow view on life in general. I'll consider that a side effect of living in education your whole life.
>>
>>17897498
another post protective of your ego

great
>>
>>17897498
you have not made a single post, which doesn't somehow give yourself credit.

Don't respond, no one cares, just think about it.
>>
>>17897522
>>17897527

Well, shit.

I have been thinking about it. He thinks he is giving advice by insulting what he thinks are the bad parts, and gives clue as to what he thinks the future would be.

He is not a total asshole, just maybe he doesn't see how other people might view his posts.
>>
>>17897527
You should take this online profiling thing a bit more seriously. Ain't gonna reach the best case scenario like that.
>>
File: checkem.jpg (50KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
checkem.jpg
50KB, 600x400px
>>17897547
this post does not give yourself credit.

Good job bro, finally.

Anyway this is 4chan, and it's the holidays, I don't mean anything vile, I am just having fun, I wish the best for you personally, and I will have a drink to you.
>>
>>17897545
> He thinks he is giving advice by insulting what he thinks are the bad parts, and gives clue as to what he thinks the future would be.
Kinda half assed but at least not purely destructive outlook.

>just maybe he doesn't see how other people might view his posts
Now why would that matter? It's about the information and not how someone views the person providing the information. Sure, ideally one could adjust the tone but when someone would get influenced by something like that, it make the whole thing moot from the start.

>>17897572
>implying I didn't give myself credit by implying that I can move the topic to something more productive for OP
How slack-y.

Although all the best to you too, enjoy the drink and have great holidays.
>>
>>17897598
>enjoy the drink and have great holidays

thank you
>>
>>17897448
>Brainless Journalist
>Didn't get a degree in Journalism

I don't think you know how Journalism works, or how people get jobs as journalists.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.