[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with all the issues that are related to having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 20161227_135818.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
20161227_135818.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
How do you deal with all the issues that are related to having a broken toe?

The pain makes me want to vomit 24/7, can't really move or go outside, it looks nasty.

>pic related broken toe
>>
Bump with story.

>Get a video game for Christmas Eve
>Recently cleaned up for Christmas Party, need to find PS4 to play it
>pick up bag with N64 and cords for it, bag opens/breaks
>N64 drops from 4 to 5 feet onto left small toe.
>Fall over in pain, almost scream.
>20 minutes later grand parents/mother confirm it is indeed broken.

Like I know I have to keep it up and not walk on it but what do I do to not think about the pain or go insane from bordom?

PS: The N64 is fine, those things are indestructible.
>>
>>17896852
Good to hear that the N64 is safe anon.
>>
>>17896862
I know right, the only good thing to come from all this besides the fact that I no longer care about being single I just care about how much this fucking toe hurts.
>>
>>17896852
When my mom broke her pinky she taped it to the neighboring toes to keep it from moving around and hurting.
>>
>>17896805
I've broken the small toe on my right foot about half a dozen times. I have large feet, 15-16US shoes depending on the brand, and I'm less than careful with where they are in relation to me. The first time I was flying down some stairs when I was like 15 or 16 and when I hit the hallway at the bottom, forgetting that there was an open spot to my right and then the hallway lost about 2 inches of clearance, I kept going full force right foot forward clipping the wall and then tumbled down the hallway and banged myself up pretty bad, spraining and bruising like everything. I actually didn't know my toe was broken until the next day, and my parents and I went to the doctor but he told us they literally just don't do anything because of how small the digit is that would be worth spending money on and we said fuck it and I just walked it off over the next few months. After the first time it wasn't anywhere near as bad because the entire rest of my body didn't hurt as well, I didn't notice it was actually broken the second time for a few days until I saw how swollen it was.
>>
Go to a doctor. He'll give you pain killers. You'll no longer feel the pain, and if you have some alcohol on hand, there goes the boredom too.
>>
is this thread serious?

go to the fucking doctor.
>>
>>17896880
Doctors don't do shit for broken toes. You get charged absurd amounts for them to LITERALLY do this >>17896871.

They pretty it up by saying they want to make sure there are no bone shards or damaged muscle/ligaments, here have $10k worth of medical treatment.
>>
>>17896878
>>17896880
You guys seem to think its free to get treatment besides there is no treatment for broken toes unless its the big toe.

I have T3s so I do have pain killers(I also have weed) but even with them it still hurts/I get bored
>>
>>17896893
I'm glad someone understands.
>>
>>17896908
Something that did work my first time >>17896876
that the doctor suggested was taping my small toe slightly LOWER than the next toe over so that MORE pressure was applied to it at all times, and keeping a sock on. It did help with the pain and kept it dull and constant as opposed to sharp spikes, so after a while I was able to ignore it.
>>
i'm so glad that I live in Europe
>>
As others have been saying, tape.

Butt put some medical gauze or a half cotton ball between the broken toe and the neighboring toe. The goal is to make the taped toe aligning straight with the other one. You'll be able to use enough tape to support the toe, but because of the gap you put in between the toes, you won't risk making it heal at a more inward angle toward the neighboring toe.

As for what to do in the mean time, it may be fucking hell to take on and off, but putting on a sock over all that helped me a lot. Should give you some confidence to walk around without the fear of "oh man what if I knock it on something", and walking is something you should be making sure to get a few minutes of every day.
>>
>>17897212
I honestly don't think it needs to be taped.

I know I have to start walking on it in a few days like after the two week mark.
>>
>>17896893
>people pay for medical assistance in the country of the free
>>
>>17897728
Yes people do.

For instance because of a tax issue I'm not covered atm.
>>
>>17896805
Several years ago, I nearly severed my big toe from a fall. (My foot landed on the sharp edge of the bedroom.) But, due to the high emergency room cost, I decided to just apply antiseptic cream and tape the wound close. For about a month, I walked with a hobble. Strangely enough, I began to notice disabled people more out in the street. I even saw a woman hobbling in the same manner as I did. They all had unhappy faces. It took over a year for the wound to heal completely.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.