[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of popping the question. This ring is $1300.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I'm thinking of popping the question. This ring is $1300. Can I propose with this and have her wear it for the rest of her life?

Reasons being, I can save on buying another ring and I'm not keen on the idea of her wearing a dull band instead as per tradition.
>>
>>17895629
It's beautiful, but not worth $1300. Truly invest in diamonds and gold if you are to get them. Rose gold is inferior (copper added to gold), just like canary diamonds (yellow diamonds marketed as rarer or higher quality when all they are is discolored).
She's going to love whatever you get her and just be happy that she's engaged, but do some research on where the after Christmas sales will be, look at some in person and you'll really get a good look at what will be a good bang for your buck.
Because my Mum works at Macys and has a discount, my fiance got me a gorgeous ring and band for 2K when the set was orginially 5K. He bought it on a Macys card and reliably paid it off over the course of a year. As long as you make those payments on time monthly, she can have an even better ring and it's an easier bill to swallow.
>>
Don't buy into the fucking diamond for fucking ever bullshit fucking shit marketing scheme.
>>
>>17895629
Google "Moissanite", OP, it's superior to diamond and way cheaper.
>>
DO NOT
FINANCE
A FUCKING
RING
>>
>>17895677
>>17895681
>>17895878

Truth. Don't be a dumbass. Save your money for something more useful. Spend a couple hundred at most
>>
>>17895629
Does it look like something she'd want to wear? What does her jewelry preferences look like in comparison?

Also that looks more like a wedding band than an engagement ring. Why did you pick that one?
>>
>>17895629
how much $$ do you make op ?

some general guidelines about engagement ring should 1-2-3 months salary (net or grossm lol) but idk

if you're making $100,000/year then most likely your gf will think your cheap because you are

if you're making $30,000 then that's a very nice ring etc
>>
Work in jewelry. Get an engagement ring with a cluster of small diamonds in the center that appears larger. Would have traditional feel and its in your price range. Do it with a company/shoppe that has a trade-in policy so you can get a better ring later.
>>
Not OP, but I was thinking of proposing to my GF as well. However, I have no idea what the 'rules' are. Can anyone fill me in with regards to the basics of rings and stuff? I 'have to' but 2, right (engagement and actual marriage ring)?
>>
Stop funding De Beers.
>>
>>17896660
There are no rules

You can propose with a shiny pebble if you want to

Engagement and wedding rings are such a scam and diamonds are stupid
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.