[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>400 FB friends >only 2 or 3 ever start a chat >usually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1480358617185.png (154KB, 540x264px)
1480358617185.png
154KB, 540x264px
>400 FB friends
>only 2 or 3 ever start a chat
>usually it's just to ask for help on something
>been at least a year since I've had a really deep conversation with anyone

Is this normal or am I missing something? I really want to talk to people, but constantly feel like an annoyance. It's frustrating because I used to have plenty of people to talk to and now they've drifted away.
>>
>>17895593

I have 1200 friends, and only regularly (daily or over 4 days a week) talk to about 5-10. I think this is normal. I mean, my best friend and I talk via Facebook only like once a month, and we're unequivocally best friends.

I think it's just a matter of firing up a normal banter with someone you see frequently enough for it to not be weird. I have no problem with the scattered messages I get from time to time, but we'll have a conversation and then let it rest. I say, if you want to talk, message the right people. Some people just aren't texters or typers.
>>
File: 123434555.jpg (6KB, 201x251px)
123434555.jpg
6KB, 201x251px
>>17895593
>>17895608
Having people you talked to once in your life on your friend list.
>>
>>17895608
>1200 friends
Are you just adding random people?
>>
>>17895614
>>17895618

1200 here. I'm 30 years old and have had Facebook since 2004. That's 100 people a year. I have friends from high school, where I had a graduating class of 2,000, college (I went to the biggest school in the country), 12 years of jobs (coworkers and a few networking people), family, a message board community I've been a part of for 15 years where I've met the people in person, and then people I've met at parties, bars, through friends, or on my travels.

I actively delete people I feel I will not talk to again or don't care about. For me, 1200 is light.
>>
I see this with my fiancee...she has 300 + friends on fb and i have like 10 'real friends'...i domt use fb...

It really gets to me ehen she tells ne how she tries to have conversations with people and they speak to her like dirt. She might ask to hang out or catch up and they reply with things like why would i wanna do that

People use fb to stalk u legally...

Real friends shouldnt make conversation feel like a task it should come naturally...

If you are not having luck with friends they arnt ur real friends....

You should only talk to people who treat you as equals and deserve ur attention

Gd luck anon
>>
>>17895608
I think that's what I was going to get at. I have trouble distinguishing between what's weird and what's not; I have heaps of people who I know from uni, high school, etc but never really talked to in real life so I don't message them.

>>17895625
It is crazy isn't it? I have been on the opposite side of that before but have never had to be rude about it.

>Real friends shouldnt make conversation feel like a task it should come naturally...
I think you've just reaffirmed something that's been in the back of my head for ages now.

Thank you anons. Muchly appreciated.
>>
>>17895593
>400
You can reduce that to like 50 and no one will notice.

One Friday evening I wanted to grab a beer with someone. Nothing much, just drink two or three while having someone to talk to instead of playing vidya alone in my room.

30 people logged in.
30 people and not a single person that I would actually like to grab a beer with. Worse - most of them added me but never talked to me.

I started going through my list and deleting every person that I haven't talked to for a while. I went from 200 people to maybe 40 and I feel like I could go even lower. You know how many people noticed?

TWO. One was a girl that had a thing for me (she re-added me the next day after, I was surprised she even used the site since she seems inactive), the second one was a guy I used to be friends in middle school (it took him only a year and a half to notice).

Do a purge, OP. It's better to have 40 people on a list that means something than have 400 and feel alone. If they ask why did you delete them you can just say you never talked much in the first place.
>>
>>17895678

Not OP, but seriously, what is the purpose of this? Why are you butt hurt to have people on your friends list? Sure, I get it if you added someone that you totally are never ever going to see again that you drunkenly added once, but what is so thrilling about not seeing what people you know do?
>>
>>17895715
>but what is so thrilling about not seeing what people you know do?
I really don't need facebook for that. The few people I really care about I talk to on other messenger services anyway. I have a facebook account with around 40 friends as well and whenever I log into it once every few months I just realize how little I care about those people.
I really don't see a point at having 1000+ people on your friendlist to "see what they are doing". You barely know most those people, that's voyeurism at best.
>>
>>17895678
I could cut out quite a few people (at least 100 if not more) people from my list and nobody would notice. I have previously just created a new account for the same reason.

I just don't understand the logic if there is any. I haven't sent a single friend request in a year. I receive quite a few yet none ever interact. I'd normally assume that they're just waiting for me to message them first but then as others have said above that usually gets negative responses.
>>
>>17895715
>what is so thrilling about not seeing what people you know do?

Because nowadays we talk so little they might as well be strangers. I'm kind of tired to be the only one that starts conversations and putting in effort. I got burned by that more than once, people would often react positively then just back out without a word at the last minute. I can use the very same time to interact with the ones that actually give a damn.
>>
>>17895593
I only have 80 friends on facebook but I speak with approx. 10 of them daily

quality > quantity
>>
>>17895593
lmao i deleted my fb
there is a vanishingly small amount of good things for you on fb, so why use it?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.