[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not really looking for advice but I need to get this off my chest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: crying.jpg (182KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
crying.jpg
182KB, 900x900px
Not really looking for advice but I need to get this off my chest and talk to someone. Literally anyone please read this and reply. I'm a bit drunk after my first Christmas without my grandfather who died last year and I just... I just fucking need to talk about this ok I haven't told anyone.

>be last year
>visiting grandfather in hospital
>Sad as fuck
>he's doing really bad
>high off his ass on whatever meds they're giving him
>hear him mumbling
>get closer to hear
>he's speaking german
>speaking about WW2
>all I know about this time in his life is shortly after the war ended he moved to the USA
>he never talks about his time in Germany
>he rarely cries also
>he is currently doing both
>just sobbing like a fucking baby
>father knows a bit more than me but he doesn't talk about it either and tells me to drop it whenever I ask
>So he's mumbling in German to me
>i'll roughly translate into english the gist of what he was saying (it was a year ago so this wont be word for word)
>"I don't want to go to hell anon. I didn't want to guard all those people, to starve them, work them to death. I only did what I had to do. Hitler promised us the world. He betrayed his people anon. He betrayed us"

Jesus fucking christ i'm tearing up just thinking about it again. I know there's a lot of atheists on this board but please just this one time pretend there is a god. Believe me when I say he repented for everything he did. He was the sweetest nicest man I have ever known. He dedicated his life to helping others in need. He volunteered. I just never realized this is what he was trying to make up for. Do you think that if there was a god that no matter how evil something someone did if he's truly sorry for what he did he can still get into heaven? I just need some closure. I really hope he's up in heaven right now watching over me.
>>
Idk about heaven and hell I only believe in she'maim it's the after life for jews both good and bad people go to the same place just like on earth.
>>
I'm a lonely fucker so self bump
>>
I read it and feel you. My grandfather died this year to, and he was in a fair bit of pain when he did. He just wanted to die I think. One of the last things I remember him saying was "why won't god take me?". I think he was a good man, I'm an Ausfag and he came here after the war also. I don't know, it's tough, I feel you. God will forgive your grandfather, he sounded like a good man as well. Don't worry, it's tough, but I'm sure he's watching over you
>>
>>17894868
He did what he believed to be right till the end. Sad to see that regret was about the last few things that crossed his mind.

Do not regret what could have been or what could be. It's punishing on oneself. Rather, cherish what went right and strive to do better as you carry on.
>>
File: bure aryan.png (222KB, 629x507px) Image search: [Google]
bure aryan.png
222KB, 629x507px
>>17894868
If there is a hell, it is for people who lie on the internet.
>>
I won't tell you there is a god op, I'm sorry, just... That...
We're human, and we have to immense capacity for good and evil in all of us and some people are faced with the starkest contrast.

Sometimes death is a blessing
I like the Unitarian view best, we are all saved in the end, even the serial rapists, murdered most horrible people you can imagine.
I'd always rather believe in universal compassion as hard as it seems.
>>
According to the bible, the only sin that is unforgivable is to reject being saved and have died. that's the only sin that's ever explicitly labelled as damnable. not being saved. if your grandfather had that in his life, and lived to match it, i think he will find peace

i'm no theologian and i dont have the answers. i just remember that bit from talks with my own grandfather about sin & such.

scripturally, works don't get you saved. it is where your heart lies that does.
>>
>>17894868
thats some heavy shit, at least he helped eliminate some of the slimy jews though. He truly did god's work.
>>
>>17894868
First I want to say that was painful for me to read. I can't imagine actually living in your place. I hope your new year offers you peace.

My personal take is I can't decide for you whether you believe God exists. I believe He does. Know that Jesus died for the worst of us. Those who need mercy the most. He was crucified with criminals I'm sure you know. I will pray for your grandfather's soul and for your family.
>>
>>17894868
Why don't you ask a theologian?
Or whatever it is people call those guys who are supposed to know all the ins and outs of their religion and its rules. Seems like it's the closest you could get to a definitive answer, although different denominations probably each have their own wildly different consensus on this.
There seem to be a lot of devout and knowledgeable Christians on /his/, but 4chan is full of assholes and retards so maybe it's not the best place to ask.

I mean, I'm not sure what else anyone could tell you besides "God doesn't exist" or "Yeah he seemed like a good person so I'm sure he's in Heaven".
>>
>>17894868
>Pretend that the god goat headers 2000 years ago wrote about is real

Good idea add fuel to a nonexistant fire and perpetuate needless worrying and pain. Relax your grandad is fine. Hitler didn't betray him he just lost the war, war is told by the victors every, country and army has blood on its hands no one is truly innocent even sky daddy is a mass murder but it's ok cause he's the boss just like Hitler
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.