[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i'm a senior in college and I want to commit to eating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

So i'm a senior in college and I want to commit to eating healthier meals. The problem is that I'm a class A retard at cooking. I don't want to live off of pizzas and mcdonalds so can anyone recommend me cook books(either physical copy, Apple, Kindle) or good how to videos to learn how to cook decent meals. And before anyone says "use youtube", I tried, but at one point I tried to cook one simple meal, and I found literally 10 different ridiculous ways to cook it. Help?
>>
>>17894662
I can't really help but I share the same question.

Like a tutorial on cooking for absolute cooking retards
>>
>>17894670
okay
anyone else who can help us?
>>
>>17894662
The key with learning how to cook well is that you need to learn your fundamentals. Like many other skills, cooking isn't so much a single skill as it is a set of skills--there's a lot to learn, but the good news is that it compounds.

So learn how to do very simple stuff at first. Learn how to cook rice, how to boil pasta, how to fry an egg, how to cook meat and check for doneness, etc. You'll make mistakes; I've made tons, and I still make them, and I'm a very competent cook. The key is to learn from them.

Get this book: https://www.amazon.com/How-Cook-Everything-Basics-Food/dp/0470528060

And watch Good Eats if you can find it.
>>
>>17894714
Ironically that's the book that my mum bought me last xmas. It's not a bad book, there are some meals that are too high level for me, but I'll try different recipes. I actually got to cook a nice round of pasta.

Anyone else?
>>
>>17894662
I never understood people who "can't cook". Can you read google maps?

Just pick some things you like. Chicken Masala, tom kha gai, tomatillo based chile, and search allrecipes. Find one that has high stars and few ingredients. Buy the spices, follow the instructions, and you've got yourself a meal.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.