/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to live a normal life while also interested in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: president trump japanese.png (320KB, 503x321px) Image search: [Google]
president trump japanese.png
320KB, 503x321px
Is it possible to live a normal life while also interested in disgusting weeaboo trash? I simply find it entertaining and learned Japanese language for fun (still spend some time every week to learn new kanji). But this being said, I recognize other anime/Japanese vidya fans as being fucking retards. Like, I really fucking hate them and don't want to be associated with them. Out of shame for being classed with these weeaboo degenerates, I never share my love of stupid Japanese cartoons or retarded pantsu fighting games like Blazblue because I'd rather friends, family and girlfriends didn't know I was a fucking tasteless weeaboo myself. God knows I hate turning on the television in America and seeing nothing but meaningless trash, Satanist propaganda and constant, unfunny political correctness. TV sucks for me, the Japanese have propaganda too but at least there's is just retarded pantsu bullshit you can laugh at.

Holy fuck I hate weeaboos. Seriously even though I imported and beat Persona 5 in Japanese, I fucking hate most anime and Japanese game fans. I will more proudly declare to people that I voted for Trump than ever tell them that I watched a CGI puppeteered fantasy show or spent my weekend playing fucking Guilty Gear instant killing people online. Almost all of my friends who share an interest in these games/anime are primarily the same: autistic, engineering, IT, hard science guys who have never seen a vagina in their lives, are either overweight or horribly ungroomed and/or smell weird. Some of them are so beta they start thanking me for hanging out with them any time I see them in person. I feel I am not nearly a slob like them and have never had a problem finding women to date, but I am still friends with them because who the fuck else am I going to talk about my perverted Japanese cartoons and fighting games with?

Should I stop watching/playing Japanese trash (believe me, I know it's retarded) or should I just not give a fuck and live a balanced life?
>>
>>17894139

>is it possible to live a normal life

define 'normal'.

>should i stop watching this
>or should i not give a fuck and live a balanced life

you've already decided the latter was possible.

you're basically asking
>should i give up the stuff i love?
>or continue to life my life as is which has no consequences.

whats ur problem here?
>>
File: noel.jpg (67KB, 648x906px) Image search: [Google]
noel.jpg
67KB, 648x906px
>>17894167
>whats ur problem here?

I really don't know to be honest. It's like.. I know I'm not a fuckup, I live a comfortable life. I just really fucking enjoy this trashy weeaboo shit in my spare time and it makes me feel guilty.

"Normal" life: Being someone that can provide for themselves, interact with other human beings on a functional level, form relationships with others and is overall, happy.

Generally I feel like a "normal" person. I'm pretty happy most of the time with myself, it's just weirdly I feel ashamed of weeaboo trash. Like "Shouldn't I be doing something better with my time rather than playing fighting games with high pitched 5'0" tall Japanese lolis with enough superpowers to be classified as a nuclear weapon? This game doesn't even make sense". Certainly no woman I'd ever date will like this shit or be into it, it would always be something they'd have to "tolerate" like my mother tolerating my father's love of shlocky sci-fi/fantasy bullshit.

It's a stupid thread, I know. But I still feel like a trashy weeb.
>>
>>17894181

its not a stupid thread. you're working out your issues, and even if i was being an ass in my approach, its helping you dissect the issue itself.

you want a normal life... but you already have one. you just also like some weeb shit.

and thats fine anon. you already do all the normal life things you talk about. everyone has pleasures, everyone has guilty pleasures.

im like you. my problem is i try to date other geeks but they all tend to be casuals. i can go out in my power ranger shirt and get hit on they say 'OH I LOVE POWER RANGERS' but they're filthy normies who havent actually seen teh show since they were kids, wheras i have it on dvd and watch it.

point im trying to make is if you're happy and you support yourself does it matter how you spend your spare time?

wives have always tolerated man's weird hobbies and will continue to do so. the big difference now is that women are also allowed to like this weird shit so as time goes on were more and more likely to find a match who at least likes something in the same genre as us.
>>
You sound like me at age 20. Almost not caring about what others think but still caring just enough to be upset about it. Just do what makes you happy, anon. Accept that your life isn't as awful as some peoples and just do what you feel like.
>>
>>17894203
I guess that's a much more positive side of looking at it. I mean most of my past girlfriends have been nerdy or into anime in some capacity. I can definitely relate to feeling like people are "casuals" compared to your own interest in something.
>>
It's alright, anon. Just don't show your power level or you might scare people away, nonetheless, don't be afraid to disscuss it with people that might have similar interests, hell, I bet you would be surprised how many people are like you.
>>
File: 1402518383858.jpg (23KB, 435x435px) Image search: [Google]
1402518383858.jpg
23KB, 435x435px
>>17894213

>i cant stand weebs
>but most of my girlfriends have been weebs
>no one i date could ever understand my interests

you're not making a very consistent story here man. i mean yeah even if theyre just casuals compared to you they date you i doubt theyre judging you too hard.

men and women have different interests. hell sometimes they have no similar interests at all.. women dont care as long as you like each other.

i wouldnt worry man. own who you are, even if its in private. do things without guilt, cuz otherwise you're goign to punish yourself elsewhere
>>
>>17894232
When I think of it like this, I suppose you're right. I guess I fit the paradigm of being a self-hating weeaboo, it's more the most repulsive members of the fanbase that really turn me off.
>>
I don't wanna read all that bullshit OP.

If you can get a good career going and find ladies to slammajam you cock into then do what the fuck ever nigga.
>>
>>17894139
>Is it possible to live a normal life while also interested in disgusting weeaboo trash?
Do you live one right now?

It's a kind of a hobby you have to keep to yourself. It really fucking hurts that you can't really talk to anybody about it, but it has a bad label on it, hence you have to have something to cover it up. Just don't mention it to anyone and you'll be fine.
>>
>>17894243

i feel ya. im the same way with the gays. but its okay. own who you are and waht you do, and remember that anyone who has ever made fun of you has something even more embarrassing hidden in their search history.
>>
OP, just hide it.
Hide whatever ties you to weeb shit.
-don't collect physical items, this is strictly offlimits, aplies to everything you can hold in your hand. If it's related to anime/hentai or even MLP, if we're on this topic. Also, this applies to items that are thematically related, such as lousy $20 swords, shurikens, you get it.
-use the internet and be stealth about it. Now, i'm not telling you to get a new shitty laptop and set up tor to watch anime, but incognito/private navigation is a thing and you don't need to worry about sites popping up in the address bar or something. And one more thing that i see everyone do, why download a show in order to watch it, if you can do it online. Not netflix, just look up a good anime hosting website and go to town. This works especially well if you have to share your computer with someone. If not, whatever, do as you please.
-keep out any opinion/criticism/recommendation/whatever out of any conversations you engage in. Doesn't matter if you're talking to a best friend or some complete stranger.
-enjoy when alone, this one speaks for itself

Good luck anon
>>
>>17894139
When was the last time you gave American media a chance? High-end tv got a lot better in the past 10 years.
>>
>>17894408
the 2016 election is better than every tv show in the past 10 years America has produced.

that's the main problem: there's a bunch of fake, lame shows about non-reality and the real reality is much more entertaining. in comparison Japan just sticks to straight up wacky shit
>>
>>17894514
Have you watched Black Mirror? I think you would like the first episode.
>>
>>17894527
yes I have

i thought it was alright but that's a British show

Misfits was good too.
>>
>>17894139
Yes, just keep the degenerate weaboo shit as a private hobby. It's a not black and white position that other weaboos try to label it as. Just because you enjoy something doesn't mean you have to embrace everything associated with it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.