[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you consider it a learning disability when having to study

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Would you consider it a learning disability when having to study shit harder and more often than everyone else? And dispite studying, getting lower grades at school?
Redpill me
>>
Some people are less apt to our school system, or even just plain dumber.
You may be one of them.
Get a prescription for adderall and watch yourself soar past everyone else.
>>
>>17893954
>tfw dumber than an average person

I remember in my highschool days getting only a passing mark after studying 8 hours for one subject and the rest were getting better scores without putting much effort.

Life is truly unfair, but I say school is the perfect environment to find your passion and develop yourself in it, grades wouldn't matter if you found the thing you love doing the most.
>>
>>17893949
Not really if it's not related to any neurological or mental problem.
Maybe your method is bad, maybe without offence you have a lower IQ than most of your classmates. (you are probably far to be retarded of course but IQ distribution is a bell curve and if someone has 110, then has to have 90)
You should ask help about how to learn better.
Sadly if it's for the second reason, there is litteraly nothing you can do about it.
Try to check your sleep habits, alimentation and all just in case.
>>
I know that I am not dumber than average- Some subjects are very easy for me, but not exactly the ones that matter
>>
>>17893949

its not a disability the same way being 5'6" is not a growing disability.

there is a spectrum of 'natural' traits that people have without some sort of mutation or error.

people want to label themselves as having a disability these days cuz it excuses it.

>oh, im not dumb, i have a disability that makes me dumb

somehow comforts people. there was a person earlier to day who claimed he must be autistic becuase he wasnt that good at socializing. he fought tooth and nail insisting his self diagnosis was correct because he needed to comfort himself saying 'its not my fault'.

even if you are just not as smart as the average person, that doesn't make it your fault. its okay to be dumb. the people who actually care about it tend to be pretty dumb themselves, or at best really petty.

>have a friend
>fattest fucking fuck in the world
>'i cant date girls who are dumber than me'.

in this case, its a man rationalizing that he is better than everyone else because he is 'smart' (despite having a normal fucking unintelligent job and just an associates degree). this dudes stomach hangs past his knees, legitimately. and he thinks hes better than 'dumb girls'.

the point im trying to make here is that anyone whos willing to hold intelligence against you is just trying to compensate. whats important to learn from these realizations is not to do that to others.

for instance, if you're attractive, don't think you're better than uggos. if you're strong, dont think you're better than weaklings. if you're tall dont think you're better than shorties.

our qualities will never all magically balance out to make us equal. but as long as you're a nice person and do your best, it doesn't really matter. as cheesy as it sounds, its true. lots of dumb people do fine.
>>
Im exactly not trying to do that. However, it would be nice to have some sort of explanation for having a harder time than the others.
>>
>>17893949
Genetics play a role in learning, but not entirely. When I was high school, I had a very hard time understanding literature and writing essays, but I did okay in all of my math and science classes. During college I began reading and writing a lot, and thus my reading/writing skills significantly improved. Tl;dr is your brain is like a muscle. You need to use it regularly in order improve it. Don't just use your brain in school.
>>
>>17893976
When people talk about dumb people they generaly talk about ignorant bigoted careless assholes with wrong opinions, not people with lower than average mathematical, spatial and verbal abilities.
>>
>>17893982
That reminds of a guy I used to know who thought that the sole reason I did well in school was because of my genetics whereas he had an excuse to slack off and be lazy because he wasn't born smart. He completely ignored the fact that I had to put in effort in order excuse his own lack of effort.
>>
As mentioned I dont have problems in english or other languages at all, I tend to do well in social sciences too, but have problems in mathematics, chemistry and biology (a lot of memorisation)
>>
To summerize: I have trouble remembering concepts and how to apply them
>>
>>17894000

yup. people act like im smart because I'm good at a few specific things that seem geeky, and because i run a business.

but even the business owner who praises me for having taken his failing business and making it thrive is amazed at how 'dumb' i seem outside of that element. I don't know half of his vocabulary, i dont get half of his references to anything, i dont know what anything is or how it works.

but i dont need any of that to run the business so it balances out.

>>17893949

as long as you know what you like and have something you're good at, it doesn't matter if ur dumb. even if all ur good at is simplistic, it doesn't matter.

just lear nto be happy and do your best.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.