[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What books can I read/what habits can I acquire to get a more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

What books can I read/what habits can I acquire to get a more positive outlook on life and to deal with my regrets over the past and anxieties about the future?
>>
>>17893761
Bible
>>
>>17893772
don't even
>>
>>17893775
Have you ever read it?

Just read Exodus. There's a lot of good messages in there.

Think about it. You're asking for some super book that will magically change your life. None of those books are anything more than flavor of the month cash grabs.

Instead you could always read scripture that has existed and remained relevant for thousands of years. You don't even have to be Christian to see the value these stories hold.

Just a thought.
>>
File: 978-1-60774-730-7.jpg (467KB, 1536x2189px) Image search: [Google]
978-1-60774-730-7.jpg
467KB, 1536x2189px
how about this?
>>
Meditations Marcus Aurelius , based tolle makes a mention about Marcus in the power of now

Eckhart has a few other good books too. After I read about the inner body, presence , awareness I got super baked and put all my attention into the palms of my hands at first then I slowly began to feel enveloped in a warm fuzzy coocoon, all the my pain shame and guilt melted away and I was finally at peace with the good, bad, ugly and the downright shameful.

Tolle is coming to my city next year I already got my ticket
>>
>>17893964
I feel like Epictetus' Discourses is the better stoic text for turning your life around since it is after all what influenced Marcus Aurelius in the first place.

OP if you connect more with your intuitive side, try the Tao Te Ching. Daoism is pretty fucking rad if you want to live a chill life, just be wary not to fall into a trap of laziness.
>>
File: pepe's cousin.png (155KB, 302x239px) Image search: [Google]
pepe's cousin.png
155KB, 302x239px
>>17893783
>>17893783
This. The whole point of religion in the first place was to guide and direct peoples' lives. There's some pretty good stuff in there and I'm saying that as an atheist. You're not going to find a book that will magically make your life so you may as well have an open mind about something that you're usually uncomfortable with.
>>
>>17894053
He should leave 4chan and read them all
>>
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius cured my insecurity and anxiety.
>>
>>17894384
What was a passage he wrote that resonated with you
>>
>>17894384
Seconding >>17894933
>>
>>17893772
Yes. The Bible is uncomparably uplifting.
>I remain confident of this:
>I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

Literally what I remind myself anytime I read about a terrorist attack.

Also the undeniable beauty of the story of Jesus' life.

Think about this. Unlike the ancient religions, God isn't an impossibly grand figure who we must follow or else. We are made in His image and He is an inextricably reflected in us.

Jesus doesn't sit on a throne and command us. The beauty comes from how He says I am one of you. I suffered as you suffer. When all is lost in your life and you can't go on, I have been there. I have known death. This is what makes it all worth believing in.

I find it moving.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.