[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the UPSIDE of being short? Please let's not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1560.jpg (48KB, 573x495px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1560.jpg
48KB, 573x495px
What's the UPSIDE of being short? Please let's not just go through the motions of The Standard Discourse of all short men being bitter manlets and how women going after 6-foot chads is a meme, we all know that one by heart by now.

What I'm asking for are the genuinely good sides of being a short man. Not just neutral, or not-as-bad, the genuinely positive ones. I want to LIKE being short, and feel fortunate that I am.
>>
Statistically they live longer.
>>
File: 1482725898027.jpg (92KB, 479x324px) Image search: [Google]
1482725898027.jpg
92KB, 479x324px
It's easier to be funny
That's about it I think
>>
>>17893624
Less chance of cancer.

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2011/07/21/height-and-cancer-risk-%E2%80%93-the-long-and-short-of-it/
>>
>>17893624

nothing really. anon, one thing you have to remember is that just because something isn't the end all worst thing is that it doesn't necessarilly make it good.

if ur gay and ur cute, thats fine, but as you get older and the whole cute thing fades being short has no redeeming value.

outside of that, its useless. you dont need to hatei t, its not necessarilly a bad thing, and there's always shorter women to date unless you're like 5 feet tall.

im 5'6" and i dont have any problems iwth being short. i date fine, i get along fine, honestly didn't knwo about the height meme until being on 4chan, and its still not affected my life. im surprised by how often i still fuck/date someone over 6 feet tall.

but this isn't some kids show where everythign is different but also equal.

its kinda like being black. its not wrong or bad to be black per se, but that doesn't mean it measures up to being white.

it is only one detail in what makes up a cohesive person.
>>
Muscle and fat mass are proportionately larger. You will have the illusion of being jacked af with very little muscle mass, if you're lean.

I'm 5'6, train shoulders and lats often, and my V-taper is dumb, and i'm not even that lean.
>>
>>17893634
I'm terrified in the company of other men and it's the only reason I dare to even join their standard round of roasts. Nobody cares to beat up a shrimp.

>>17893642
Well, I'd rather regard everything that I can't change with SOME positive quality to it. Depression and everything it breeds has killed a quarter of my family so I like to try and see the world as as sunny as I can.

If I cared for bodybuilding, it's easier to look broad, though I don't see how anyone 5'6 will ever look particularly menacing, and fortunately I have no interest in neither dating nor sex, so there's that.

Silver linings can get really thin in places, but I'd rather have 35 grains of sand than nothing at all.
>>
>>17893666

>particularly menacing

no point in that, thats not fun so yeah, you do it to look good

>no interest in dating or sex

if this was ten years ago id make an exaggerated sigh in text form and then ask you why.

why? why are you not itnerested in dating or sex.

if you're not itnerested in dating or sex then being short has literally no drawbacks. despite what /fit/ will tell you about people taking you seriously, there are a LOT of short people who are successful. becuase: surprise, height has nothing to do with that.
>>
>>17893682
Why would it have to be related to dating or sex? Is that all that there is, all that you are as a man and a human being?

If you were castrated, would you cease to care about who you are as a person? Just shrug and decide that no that you cannot put your sperm into anyone, you might as well give up on having an identity and a sense of self?

An oddly medieval chinese way to think, and it backfired for them, too.
>>
>>17893691

anon, you jump to an awful lot of conclusions.

>if you were castrated woudl you cease to care about who you are as a person?

no, but my height has very little to do with who i am as a person. height plays an interesting role in dating and mating, but outside of that it really only effects what shelves i can reach.

i have an identity. i have a sense of self. who i fuck or what i put my sperm in has very little to do with that.

and neither does height. everything i do and love and am have nothing to do with my height. id still be me at a foot taller or a foot shorter or three feet taller or three feet shorter.

i literally said that you can go on and be successful in just about anything regardless of your height.
>>
>>17893719
What you have has less to do with you than how you feel about it.

My crippling insecurity isn't about my height, stupidity, lack of care and attention as a child or any other single matter, but it festers in them regardless. And if I have to cut it off of them one by one and chip by chip to even feel like a human being, who the fuck are you to judge me.
>>
>>17893746

again, assumptions. am i judging you? other then the judgement that you jump to conclusions, i did not.

you asked what the pros to being short are. and i told you my opinion and experience: thre are none. and outside of sex and romance, its irrelevant.

me being short has nothing to do with my self image, my sense of self, or my happiness. everything htats important about me would still exist no mater what height i am at.

if you disagree and who you are and what you love is tied to your height, then thats okay, i just cant understand that outside of how you use it to relate to others, and it doesn't affect much outside of the dating / mating aspect.

you literally asked a question, and i answered, and asked my own follow up questions.

which was namely, why you dont have interset in sex or dating. were not so different even with it, i have no interest in dating either to be honest. didnt stop me fro masking why cuz the way you went about mentioning it seemed odd.
>>
>>17893624
Im two meters tall, 30yo and back problems and bad posture arealreadykilling me so be happy
>>
>>17893774
This is why I wish there was some other place to go than 4chan. You decide that the very tool you need for the job is a clay pot and ask where to buy a clay pot, and they will fight you to death about why you should use a woolen sock instead.

I don't have an interest in sex because I do not have one. I don't know why, but I've been told that I'd know if I had one. Maybe it's the depression. Maybe it's the insecurity. Repressed trauma. Maybe I have fucked-up hormones because my chromosomes are messed up. Maybe someone cut off my balls when I was 3 as a prank. Maybe I don't eat enough potatoes. Nobody knows.

The female genitalia are slimy and disgusting and I have no want to be anywhere near that thing.
>>
Less health problems I think?
>>
ez gains

Don't over do it, though, buff short guys look really weird.
>>
>>17893805
I agree with you, which is one of the numerous reasons that I will not do that. My head is roughly on level with a good punch and there's no use in bringing a knife to a gunfight.
>>
slightly better physical health
>>
>>17893624
>What's the UPSIDE of being short?

You don't fucking hit your head on every piece of imaginable kitchen furniture that's clearly designed for short people.
I've hit my head on countless fan extractors, it's not even funny anymore.

You can sit semi-comfortable on airplane seats, whereas it's practically hell for me. I can sit straight on such a seat, ass completely backed up, and my knees will still be wedged in the back of the seat in front of me.

Shopping for shoes? Normal people pick a pair they like and then ask for their size. I have to first ask what they have in my size, and from those pick the ones that are comfy/fashionable.
>>
it's easier to get into acrobatics
>>
>>17893805
Everyone gets "ez gains" when they first start working out. Just because you're short doesn't mean you gain muscle faster though, retard. You just look more stocky but you're still a short fuck.
>>
>>17893851
Those are good.

Now that I think about it, I easily find clothes on the kids' side, and they're cheaper than grown men's clothes.
>>
>>17893624

How tall are you?
>>
>>17893857
>You just look more stocky

That's the point, faggot. Caring about how much do you lift is for autistic jocks.
>>
>>17893866
167,7 cm. The 0,7 is important.

>>17893872
Isn't being stronger the whole point of lifting weights? Or do you just want to be pretty?

What's the point of looking strong if you can't fight a man or an animal?
>>
>>17893664
Same, I almost never work out and I looks stronger than I actually go with quite a V-taper.
>>
>>17893798

>they tell me to do it this oen specific way

no man, i literally said
>if you disagree and who you are and what you love is tied to your height, then thats okay

use all the clay pots you want, that doesn't mean i cant ask questions.

sounds to me like ur just a whiny little bitch whos trying to pick a fight on /adv/

i literally said its okay to disagree. i agreed wtih you about not wanting to date.

but you're acting like im against you just because height has nothing to do with who i am as a person and becuase i want to know WHY.
>>
>>17893872
My point was that you're still short, you short faggot.
And see>>17893874
If you're serious about lifting, and you would be if you goal is to look fit, then you'd be fucking serious about how much you can lift. They go hand in hand, but if you just give a shit about looking good with your shirt off you're a straight up faggot.

>not wanting to join the 1,000 lb club
>fucking gay ass pretty boys
>>
>>17893887
I'm not saying you aren't supposed to take lifting seriosuly, I'm saying that lifting is only a competition for autistic jocks. You should lift because it's good for you, because it makes you look better and because you want to improve yourself. That's it.

If you want to fight, you learn a martial art or buy a gun.

If you want to measure your dick online that you lift Xlbs more than anyone else just do roids and go cry in a corner.
>>
>>17893885
Okay, alright. Let's try this again.

Why what?
>>
>>17893894
>not being competitive

Okay pussy.
>>
>>17893907

why do you have no interest in dating / sex.

you did tell me in your most recent post, but that was after several posts of claiming that asking meant that i equate sex with personal identity and sense of worth.

though i would also like to know why height is so tied to personal identity as well.
>>
>>17893912
I'm competitive in other things, being competitive in lifting it's pretty gay, imo.
>>
>>17893913
Oh. As far as I'm concerned, I answered that the best I could: I don't know.

For a good while in my teens I thought I was just gay, but the more I think about it, I don't want men, either. Sex in any role, position, situation or purpose just doesn't want anything to do with me. I prefer that nobody puts anything inside of anyone in any hole.

My height is tied to my identity because it's a distinct feature that I possess. The quality of my ear wax isn't a distinct part of me because I believe it's quite average, as well as my driving and my ability to translate chinese (nonexistent, which is pretty standard for a northern european).

If being 5'6 was an average male height, I would not think of it as a defining feature. Being white isn't a too strong part of my identity as I can name both of the nonwhite people I see in an average month, but if I moved to some heart of Africa, it would be.

I'm also deeply puzzled as to why this is something that required explaining at all. Is there anything else you need clarifying for? Rain falls down, shadows are darker than spots in the light, and people tend to define themselves by their defining features. People with good self-esteem are rarely insecure about their features, and people who have no self-esteem tend to dislike their features more.
>>
Better legroom in any transport.
That's really the only true advantage, all the other things are just minor statistics.
>>
>>17893938

>Oh. As far as I'm concerned, I answered that the best I could: I don't know.

and i dont mind your answer, i think it sperfectly valid and whatnot. the issue i have is with people who say the /49k/ shit about girls being whores and relationships being stupid or whatever.

its okay to not want to date. i dont either. granted i still smex it up, but thats not for everyone either.

but again, the issue was that it took three posts to get an answer and a lot of argument.

>my height is tied to my identity because its a distinct feature thati possess

unless your life would be different at a different height, i disagree. its not different than your earwax or or your eye color. just something that happens to exist the way it is but htat doesn't actually effect your life.

its okay to disagree on this like i said. im 5'6" myself and while that is admittedly shorter than average its not like being a midget or even just 5'0" which is considered a bigger deal among men.

>im also deply puzzled as to why this is somethign that required explaining at all.
>rain falls down
>shadows are darker then spots of light
>and im a rude ass mother fucker.

and here we are again. you are rude. you want to pick a fight. you get mad saying 'YOURE JUDGING ME' when people ask a simple question, not trying to judge you but to understand you.

the idea that we have different thoughts and beliefs is insulting to you, so it must mean that yours are right and mine are dumb, when in reality its as i said all along: its okay to disagree. were different and thats okay.

me asking questions is not insulting you, so please do not insult me saying that im dumb simply for not automatically knowing your point of view.
>>
>>17893959
I didn't intend to call you dumb, I didn't mean to insult you at all. I am genuinely baffled by the idea that you would not be aware of something that I regard as common knowledge.

I didn't come here to argue and I don't understand where this argument even came from.

It's like I'd come here with a question about dogs, you ask me what a dog even is as if you really don't know, I give a brif summary of canine domestication being baffled that one is necessary, and you act insulted for god knows what for.

English is not my first language, and it looks like you will have to put your point in smaller words and shorter sentences, because none of your replies or reactions form any kind of pattern that I can make sense of.
>>
>>17893995

>i didnt mean to call you dumb
>thats why i equated your question to not knowing htat rain falls or shadows are dark

you see why thats insulting right? even if you regard it as common knowledge like i did mine, i simply asked, not said 'HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW THIS ITS LIKE YOU DONT KNOW THAT RAIN FALLS'.

>its like i came here with a question about dogs and you dont know what a dog is

no, its like you came here asking the good qualities of chihuahuas and i said 'it really doesn't matter what kind of dog you get, why does it matter if its a chihuahua or not?'

and then when you said that space isnt an issue i continued to ask why it has to be a chihuahua because if space isnt an issue the breedi s irrelevant.

and then instead of answering that you say 'IT MATTERS BECAUSE ITS TIED TO MY IDENTITY AND SELF WORTH, HOW CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT THE BREED OF THE DOG IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF IT, ITS LIKE YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT RAIN IS'.
>>
>>17893915
Because you get to pick and choose what is okay to be competitive in right? That's a pretty gay opinion.

>not just being competitive in EVERYTHING
>>
>>17894042
Oh.

I didn't say height was the MOST important part. It's simply the subject that I brought up.

If I went to buy bread and asked what breas is best and you insisted that bread is irrelevant and that I should be buying motor oil instead, I'd be just as annoyed with you. I am not here to talk about any other subject than height, because they are irrelevant to what I am after here.

Be insulted if you want, but you should know that I am equally disappointed.
>>
>>17894056

that's the thing, i DIDN'T suggest something else. i didn't suggest motor oil or a different dog.

You came in and asked which bread was best. then said you dont actually eat the bread. so if you dont eat the bread, it doesn't matter which kind you get. but you insist that the bread is important to who you are.

>i am equally disappointed.

you got all your answers, but hte most important one you should take is that your height is no cohesive to who you are, you got a lot of other things that actually factor in that you should focus on.
>>
>>17894084
So despite of the fact that I am insecure about my height, how I feel about my height is irrelevant to the matter of breaking free of the insecurity?
>>
>>17894090
I think you should shut the fuck up by now.
>>
>>17893624
you can look at lady boobs without being so obivous
>>
>>17893851
6'4.5" this guy knows my pain
>>
>>17893912
Being competitive in a gym....Unless you're a closet queerboy, why?

Just be glad you're all doing more than the guy whose sitting in couch all day, holy shit. Stop comparing yourselves like bitches
>>
>>17894090
>>17894318
Both of yall need to stop. One dude is insecure about height, and the other secretly loves cock rate threads.

Chill you guys
>>
if you're short you can hide in more places when some angry person comes to kill you.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.