[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This one game is ruining my life. I dont even like it that much.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

This one game is ruining my life.
I dont even like it that much.

But all my friends play it and they are much better than I am... atleast in their rank. I know Im not very good but I just dont want to play it anymore.

But them knowing I am not good is seriously bothering me. I feel like because of my low rank they think Im bad at every other game. Thats the only reason I still play it, so I can hope to reach their rank so they think I am as good as they are. But I just can't fucking do it.

Its gotten to the point where it takes away from all the other games I play. I just feel like, whats the point? Whats the point of playing these games if they think I am bad at gaming? I just can't fucking handle it.
>>
git gud kid

solo queue and you'll become a better player. also play zarya or roadhog
>>
>>17893448
I dont WANT to play the fucking game anymore, I'm tired of it.
I just wish it didn't bother me so much.
>>
I'll give you step by step instructions to help you out.

1. Stop playing the game if you are currently playing.

2. Uninstall the game or sell your copy.

3. Play other games and do other stuff with your friends. If they ask why you quit, just say it was boring and you didn't like it anymore.

4. Start doing things you enjoy with your life. You'll be a much happier person in general.
>>
>>17893438
that game is so garbage man my friend offered to buy it for me for free and i said no its so boring
>>
>>17893582
Game of the year is garbage? You're probably just as shit as OP.
>>
>>17893438
Sounds like you like it but have shit friends. I think that's your bigger issue.
>>
OP grow some balls

if you're friends are lightly teasing you about being bad, you need to learn how to take a joke and realize it's just a game, it's not a metric on the value of your life vs any one else. its meant for pleasure and enjoyment, and if you can't get it without the approval of you're "friends" you should really stop playing and find something else that isn't going to ruin your self esteem

But if they are actually toxic and giving you a hard time and calling you shit all the time and it's unwarranted, tell them to go fuck themselves and stop playing/talking to them

If you don't want to play, don't play ! Its not the end of the world, gaming is overrated when you are young anyway. It's such a fucking time sink. I played CS till i was 23 trying to go pro, all those years wasted, and I am happy I quit

don't let games and 14 year old gamers ruin your life, total fucking waste of time/energy
>>
>>17893438
Overwatch is fucking shit m8. The skill needed for characters like roadhog and dva is non-existent. If you want skill play somehting like CS go or DOTA2

I saghould know im addicted to this piece of shit.
>>
>>17893438
if you are this insecure I think skill in video games is a very bad thing to focus on to improve your confidence, mostly because competitive games generally take hundreds of hours to become decent at and you could improve in other areas in that time that would make you much more competent in general than mastering a hero in ow.

if you're basing your whole self worth on your rank in a game then I'd say stop and take a good look at what you're doing with your life.
>>
>>17893659
>>17893644
They aren't teasing me or anything, they never said anything about my skill. I am a very a paranoid person. I just feel they feel that way.
>>
there is never any point to play video games, it's a total waste of time.
>>
>>17893824
is there ever a point to any entertainment medium
movies?
music?
sports?
A time spend doing something you enjoy is not time wasted
-some guy i forget
>>
File: 1472014096020.jpg (457KB, 1600x1071px) Image search: [Google]
1472014096020.jpg
457KB, 1600x1071px
Know all the time you spend playing video games? Put that time into something productive. Teach yourself a skill or a craft. Or jeez bro just go outside or something.
>>
>>17893824

Nah there's such thing as positive escapism.

Playing Witcher 3 for an hour a day is fine. Playing WoW for twelve hours a day isn't okay.

If it's harming your life, it's bad. If it's not affecting your life negatively, or even uplifting you to be more inspired and ambitious, that is positive escapism.

I think a good rule of thumb is keep it to an hour a day.
>>
>>17893814
If you just "feel that way" then you need to let your balls drop and grow the fuck up. If you honestly care so much about how your shitty elementary school friends think of how good you are at "gaming" then you have other issues. Games don't fucking matter. Stop being a pussy, play it and have fun, or don't. That simple.
>>
>>17893621
It's terrible
>>
>>17894855
It's OK
>>
File: Jam.jpg (881KB, 1767x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Jam.jpg
881KB, 1767x2500px
>>17893438
I was you in high school. Take longer and longer breaks from it till you lose all interest. Then move on to a different competitive you'll enjoy more.
>>
If you don't want to play it then dont. If your friends want to play with you even though you're shit at it then they're probably good friends.
It's funny because I kinda have the opposite problem of yours. I'm better than most of my friends in this one game and they always assume I can carry in other games, which in some cases it actully is true. Everytime I pull off some clutches or flicks they would just react in a shocked or surprised way to the point where Im starting to worry if there would be some kind of jealousy involved and breaking our friendship.
Anyway, if peer pressure and the trashtalk is starting to annoy you then play other games that you would enjoy
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.