[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much can I fake on a resume? I am a long-time NEET and now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: need-a-job1.jpg (140KB, 1600x1090px) Image search: [Google]
need-a-job1.jpg
140KB, 1600x1090px
How much can I fake on a resume?

I am a long-time NEET and now I need to get a job, or I die. I can perhaps get a family member to fake being a reference for me, but I have no work experience (or volunteer, or whatever) in the past 5 years.

Is it safe/recommended to list closed businesses as places that I've worked? Can I fake the skills needed to be in customer service, or will my employer know that I've never actually worked there and am faking it?

I need to fake something, just am not sure about the best way to go about it without getting caught.
>>
>>17893262

You can fake as much as you have friends and how far you can make your lies believable, up to a certain point. Only like 1% of jobs will actually waste the money to do a through background check.

You can't really fake being a type of doctor or a teacher. People did it back in the day, but they've been cracking down hard on that since they were finding out a ton of their doctors/teachers didn't even have college degrees/certifications.
>>
>>17893262
Fake it 'til you make it.

I don't even have a GED but nobody that's hired me on knows that.
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
Someone who has always got the job in the first interview, has always faked everything and now has their own business and hires people here

>How much can I fake on a resume?
100%
You can fake everything. It's dangerous to fake skill based stuff- stuff that you WILL actually use/be needed to know on the job, but even that you can get by with a little reading in most cases

>I can perhaps get a family member to fake being a reference for me
Be your own reference. I did back when I was a loser with no prospects for some fairly good jobs. Use a voice box or simply put on a higher/lower voice or pinch your nose. Sounds retarded but it 100% works

>Can I fake the skills needed to be in customer service
Yes. Also most customer service jobs are entry level- office workers, cashiers, tele-support etc. So you don't really need to.

>I need to fake something, just am not sure about the best way to go about it without getting caught.
Best way is to simply be honest on your resume but demonstrate the skills needed to get the job- since that's the only thing that matters on 99% of CVs anyway

CVs and HR exist for very basic reasons:

1. To find out whether you can read, write and do other basic shit
2. To find out whether you come across like a spastic or a regular member of society
3. To find out which skills and experiences you have that are needed for the job

This is 99% of any job requirement. Again, focus on demonstrating you have the skills required to do the job. Bullshit as much as you need to but usually you don't need to.

I'm always going to hire the confident useful functioning member of society with the ability to learn over the autistic fuckup, even if the autistic fuckup has 10 degrees and worked in daddys tech company
>>
>>17893299
>Thank you very much for this, very useful. Most of the internet is filled with things like "NEVER lie on your resume, you will be found out!" I am hopeful about the future and the ability to get a job!
>>
>>17893262

I was jobless for 10 years, only 2 years in total work experience. No references, no nothing. I got a job on my first attempt. "Pet Store" ... GG now I got work experience.
>>
>>17893388
I was in a similar situation except that I wasn't exactly jobless. I've work on-and-off with long periods of downtime in odd jobs that aren't officially verifiable unfortunately. In the few legit jobs that I had, my managers/supervisors no longer worked there so there's no way to verify them either.

One day I decided that I needed to change my life because I knew I would be doomed if I didn't. First, I've tried my local job center, but that place was mainly for helping new immigrants. I didn't get anything out of it. I then switched to looking at online job sites for any kind of job that didn't require experience. I applied at the local post office at one point and managed pass the stupid psych exam for a seasonal post office mail sorting job, but due to expired paperwork, I wasn't able to get an interview after arriving at the site. However, looking at their work schedules and observing the way they treat the interviewees, in hindsight, I'm glad I didn't get the job. Those fatasses expect people to work multiple shifts across different cities with no guarantee hours.

Later I applied to a signwaving job. I was very lucky. They didn't even interview me nor asked for references or work history or anything else. They just asked me when I was available. I worked there for a little over a month. Good, now I got references. With those references I was able to get a job at a factory. The manager questioned the large gaps in my employment history, but I still got the job, mainly because the turnover rate was very high. I've worked there for about a month before they let me go. Regardless, I got references.

I applied to a job at a Amazon warehouse. Similar to the factory job, the turnover rate was very high, so they granted me an interview almost immediately after I had applied, but I decided not to go because of the 10-hour graveyard shifts.
>>
>>17893499
Eventually, I landed a tech job by submitting the small projects I did while I was in college as "experience". I was surprised that I got in, but I learned later again that the turnover rate was so high, the company was willing to hiring anyone who was even remotely competent.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.