[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv. So yesterday, I *almost* got automobile scammed. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: imgres.jpg (10KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
10KB, 318x159px
Hi /adv.

So yesterday, I *almost* got automobile scammed. I was driving to pick up some last minute Christmas cards and this guy in next to me starts honking and telling me there is something wrong with my front tire.

I got really worried so I pull over. I have 0 car knowledge.

He basically tells me there's something wrong with the yadda yadda clank, how my tire is very wobbly. He said he was driving and his wife pointed it out and that it is VERY unsafe to drive like that.

He tells me he specializes in road side assistance, that he's a mechanic, and tells me that if I take it to a shop to fix it that it'll cost $1800.

Now, I'm panicking and very worried. I'm broke and don't have money for that kind of repair.

He said he'll do it for $500, etc. Basically lures me in with big words like "expensive repair" "extremely dangerous"

I don't carry cash with me ever and he tells me that I can drive to an ATM and he'll follow me.

And listen, I'm a 19 year old girl. I don't want any man, even if he is with his "pregnant" wife in the backseat, to follow me ANYWHERE.

Long story short, I call my friend's dad for help because I get seriously sketched out and tell him that I'll pay him later, and that I do not want him to follow me anywhere. I get his #, saying I'll give him a call. I drive over to my male friend's house immediately.

His sob story AND the fact that it was Christmas Eve got me all confused and soft hearted. Talk to my parents later, they told me it could've been way worse, but now I have low tire pressure and my stepmom thinks he could've fucked with my tire when he was "fixing" it.

I have his phone number and his supposed name. I'm getting my car checked tomorrow but I'm just seriously fucking pissed. What should I do and how should I get proper revenge?

Should I text him and thank him, say I'll pay him, meet him somewhere and "catch him", get police involved.
Put his phone number everywhere?

Text him Fuck you?

Thanks. And Merry Christmas.
>>
Don't do anything.

Tell the cops what happened. The number is probably fake. The best you could have done is get the license.

Next time anything like this happens, punch in directions to the nearest police station and drive there. They'll stop following you once you're there.
>>
>>17892001
Fuck. He told me I could take a picture of his license later but I was caught up in trying to contact my dad/mom that I didn't get a chance to.
>>
>>17892001
I googled the # and it came up for some ad for a used television. It probably is fake. Fuck that gypsy man. UGH.
>>
>>17892036
>>17892043
You live and learn, anon. You thankfully didn't get scammed though.
>>
>>17892052
Oh shit this guy texted me back. Maybe he was also selling a TV (scamming people, probs).

What's my next move?
>>
>>17891964
Im amazed at your naivete. Number and name are fake. Whatever he did in a few minutes isnt worth paying him for, nor would he have done it before getting paid if it was worth paying him for. Im suprised he didnt just pop your tire. The fact that you havent figured this out yet makes me wonder how you have managed to survive any amount of time on your own. Not even worth making a police report if you didnt get his plate.
>>
>>17892064
I didn't pay him!

I'm surprised about how naive I was in this situation too. So he just texted me back, and I think the number could be real beacuse I told him I'd need his number after I get my money out of the ATM (which I didn't).

So let's say I do have his real number. What's next?
>>
Should I just let it go? I asked if this was Frankie and he just said yes, and sked me who I was.

I can let it go by just lying to him and saying I've reported him to the police, etc and just blockign his #.
>>
>>17892079
>So let's say I do have his real number. What's next?
Nothing. If he gave you his real number he expects you to pay him $500 for a paltry amount of work. Unless you were sitting there with him working on your car for literally hours then theres no way what he did was worth anywhere near that. Its not like the cops will set up a sting operation over some guy trying to scam you and youd be an idiot to go meet him somewhere. The best thing you can do at this point is maintain your vehicle and learn to use a gun because not all criminals are going to be so nice about it.
>>
>>17892094
Nope. You're right. He fucking did 2 secs of work, tried to make me pay for it, and I was like uhhh dude no.

I think I'm just going to post his sites on bunch of gay websites. I've learned my lesson. I'll definitely be more careful next time.

Thanks.
>>
He's a dick, he basically was like "ha-ha fuck you"

so...
yeah
213 area code
378 4814

Go me for *almost* getting scammed on Christmas eve. Anyone bored and want someone to fuck with.
Here you go.
>>
>>17892058
get the police involved & nail his sorry ass
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.