[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've become a miserable, self-loathing hermit and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: lonelinessbench.jpg (2MB, 1492x1120px) Image search: [Google]
lonelinessbench.jpg
2MB, 1492x1120px
I've become a miserable, self-loathing hermit and I'm only 18.

I've had depression for years but it's been progressively getting worse since starting college.
Nothing I try; medication, counseling, etc., ever works.
I'm severely socially inept, mostly due to fear of rejection.
I find very little happiness or enjoyment in anything I do. My only recreation is vidya and exercise.

I'm kind of on the edge of holding onto that sliver of hope that life will get better or finally going through with offing myself.
I've already made a pseudo-plan for suicide.

I want to feel happy because I know there are a few people who genuinely care about me and I wouldn't want to put them through the trauma of finding me hanging from the ceiling.

What kind of self-improvement, soul searching bullshit can I try?
Or am I just destined to forever feel despair?
>>
Mostly it's societal. If the economy was great and everyone was out spending ludicrous shekels on worthless frivolities, you'd be feeling better because you'd be included by periphery.

Also, everyone else is depressed too, so there's that. Depressed people don't make good moral support for depressed people.

As much as the cultists on here want you to disbelieve, most of the time misery is 100% situational and you couldn't have gotten a better result no matter how hard you've tried. Nobody wants to admit the successful ones in society are in fact just giant luckboxes instead of hardworkers or fitness gurus or w/e the current thoughtstream keeps pushing.

Unfortunately, there is no other solution than "try again and hope you get lucky this time". People will try to sell you on all sorts of "solutions" so you can "fix your life and be like them", but they're all placebo or mild benefit at best. Truth of the matter is, fastest cure for depression is shit going right for you.

So keep fighting, because you won't be able to make it to the point where shit starts going right for you if you don't.
>>
>>17891851
Shave your head, and stop fearing rejection. Cliche response, I know, but just fucking face your fears with your dick out.

I want you to go to a club (you're 18. you can probably go to a rave or some dance club) and every girl that looks even remotely your age, try and fucking get with. If they reject you, so fucking what, go for the next girl, and the next girl, and the next girl, do that until you're eating face with some broad, or every single girl is trying to avoid you

and remember that no matter the outcome of your night, you'll never have to see a single person in this club ever again.
>>
>>17891902
But there is a very substantial chance they I could. While I do go to a university in a city, it's not a very populous one. I've been to a few parties and most of which I'd get very drunk and obnoxious and I've seen people that I made an ass of myself to around campus. I don't want to develop the reputation of being that guy always trying to hook up with everyone.

And I didn't mean rejection just from girls, even though that is a big one. I'm afraid to even just make friends, the only people I've met have been through more social people I know and my only actual friends are just as antisocial as I am and they just don't want to fix it.
>>
>>17891928
Well then you have two options

stop being a pussy and giving a shit about your reputation (seriously, biggest pussy shit ever. Do you think people who get laid a lot give a shit about what anyone thinks? The answer is fuck to the no, the only thing they give a shit about is getting laid)

Or stop interacting with people all together, focus on yourself, become successful, then life will come to you naturally
>>
>>17891939
>le tuff love

People really need to stop deluding themselves into thinking this is the best way to get their message through. None of you are R. Lee Ermey and you never will be.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.