[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do when you grew up expecting a perfect, true love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

What do you do when you grew up expecting a perfect, true love and found out that it doesn't exist because men are disengenuous liars?

What is the point of existing?
>>
>What is the point of existing?
Getting the most stuff. Start hoarding now, crazy cat lady.
>>
In my experience, I've never met a woman who wasn't a huge liar or cheater, and that's including my mother, sisters, and every girl I've ever been with.

Why should I believe you are any different, OP?
>>
>>17891404
It doesn't matter because you are a man and spend all of your time lying and exaggerating on the internet for attention.
>>
Itt anons realize both men and women are untrustworthy scumbags
>>
>>17891404

>Why should I believe you are any different, OP?

You shouldn't. Your brain was molded from a young age to mistrust women and your dysfunctional isn't your fault. I feel very sorry for you and hope you get help because I know what its like to come from a fucked up childhood and it isn't easy to overcome.
>>
>>17891407
Yeah, all that attention to my anonymous persona. Get over yourself, wench.
>>
>>17891415
Getting a reaction is all you care about. I would suggest you get a hobby, but you are probably incapable of appreciating or enjoying anything besides making others unhappy.
>>
I have always wondered why do the super romantic guys who want a stable relationship and blablablah never fall for the super romantic girls who want the same, and vice versa. I make my disenterest in love and long term relationships very clear every time, guys say "Yeah, sure, I'm totally on the same page" and then... sappy wall of text incoming, with further hurt sappy walls of text after they find out I'm seeing someone else.
Why do you torture yourselves this way?
>>
>>17891423
I am unhappy enough for everyone. I don't care to make anyone else feel this way. Why did you even make this thread?
>>
>>17891440
To figure out the point in living when everything you believed is shattered and the child inside you dies.
>>
>>17891438
>after they find out I'm seeing someone else.
Because you didn't tell them before you started seeing someone else?
Why did you think?
>>
>>17891383
>found out that it doesn't exist
Congratulation, you grew up!

>What is the point of existing?
There is none, which gives you the freedom to pick one for yourself. Preferably something to keep you busy and content for the next 70-80+ years.
>>
>>17891383
>because men are disengenuous liars?

and women are not? i always get fucked about by women. also, women claim they like romance and shit but they always tell me i am moving too fast if i be really romantic. you cant expect guys to be romantic if most women out there find it cringy.
>>
>>17891467
Except I wasn't in a relationship in these occasions. Besides making my disinterest clear before we start seeing each other, I make my disinterest clear again after their weird love confessions. I didn't owe them anything.
But point is, why do you still pursue people whom you know are not seeking the same things as you? Why do you bother trying to change their minds?
>>
>>17891502
Just look how many works in media present "pursue a women until she falls for you" as something positive.
>>
>>17891502
The problem is most people, men and women, are disinterested and incapable of passion. When you're searching for a deep connection and continue to find detached people like you it's a recipe for creating love starved men and women.
>>
>>17891502
>Except I wasn't in a relationship in these occasions.
You apparently did not articulate properly. You said in your previous post that you tell them that you're not interested in "long relationships." If that's all you say, that's very vague, and extremely reasonably open to misinterpretation by anyone that isn't you.

You're free to bitch about it, but you should probably learn how to be less poor of a communicator if you don't want it to continue happening.
>>
>>17891531

Most peoples descriptions of "love starved" is in fact what I would call co-dependence. It is an unrealistic expectation you place on yourself and others for them to be this orbiting benevolent god like being that provides for your meaning, allowing for you to do the same for the other.

This creates neediness, child like helplessness, dependence, and ultimately devastation when the darker parts of humanity crash apart the romanticized ideal that you both have built up in your head.

You don't actually love him/her. You love this fantasy idea that you put responsibility on for your partner.

True love is a commitment, comfort, home. It is partnership, choice, and joy. It is accepting somebody for all of their strengths and their failings. It is patience with them to work through their shit because you might need their help too.
>>
>>17891415
>>17891414
>>17891423
All of this fucking samefag roleplaying jesus
>>
>>17891564

...cont... OP, you do exactly what you said you already did in your title. You grow up. You realize first how much you love yourself and how you want to make your life better. You learn independence, self reliance, inner strength and will, charity and selflessness. You value these traits in yourself and then you go through a positive transformation... one where you meet people, men and women and you value these same traits in others. You will find that positive minded people gravitate to you and you as well gravitate to them. You meet amazing men and you realize that they are nowhere near perfect but they don't pretend to be. They have problems like you do too but they are always trying to become better people and think about how to make better choices.

You become that persons cheerleader and help them in their path of life and you find that they lift you up when you are in your dark places. That person does these things for you because you help each other.

You can make it in this world happy without them, but life is better for both of you in each others arms so you make that choice, that is love.

Hope you find it on your journey.
>>
You know that feeling when you're high as shit and you're eating a dank ass burger?
You know that feeling of blood rushing from your eyebrows?
You know that feeling of running until your body gives up?
You know that feeling of beating the shit out of your dick like it owes you money?
You know that feeling when you cut your hair and go through the buzz with your hands?
You know that feeling when you finished reading a good book?
You know that feeling when you BTFO some virgin on 4chins?
That's why I live.
I don't know about you sweetie but everyone chooses their own adventure and I personally believe if you cannot enjoy life you should be allowed to kill yourself.
But what you're doing is basically putting all your eggs into one basket or putting too much value on a relationship or even both.
Imagine it like a bike tour, you can have someone next to you or do it alone but you cannot expect someone else to ride your bike for you. If you're unhappy and nothing makes you happy then a partner won't fix it. If you feel like being with someone you made up in your mind is all you need in life you're essentially saying you're not a complete person without someone else and I have trouble believing that.

Maybe you're just scared to actually take responsibility because it would mean trying and failing?

Whatever it is there is a lot more to life than just relationships.
>>
>>17891619

Great analogy bro.
>>
Dog love unconditionally. Surround yourself with dogs and get a fuckbuddy. You don't need their relationship bull. Just read some romance books.
>>
>>17891407
aAAAAAOOOHHHHH
>>
>>17891531
There are plenty of people like you. You just seem to miraculously never find each other. My brother complains the girls that come after him are exactly the same. We even tried playing matchmaking and introducing them (hopefully getting them off of us) and they just never fall for each other, it's so weird.

>>17891542
No, I'm pretty sure I was clear enough, and specially clear when dumping them. Suffering through a corny love confession is bad, but tolerable. Insistance is where the line is drawn.

>>17891564
>>17891608
>You don't actually love him/her. You love this fantasy idea that you put responsibility on for your partner.
>True love is a commitment, comfort, home. It is partnership, choice, and joy. It is accepting somebody for all of their strengths and their failings. It is patience with them to work through their shit because you might need their help too.
You've worded this wonderfully.
I very often feel the men who claim to fall for me don't know me enough to say the things they say. They fall in love with an image they construct, based on some desirable trait or another, and everything else is a projection.
>>
>>17891740

> They fall in love with an image they construct, based on some desirable trait or another, and everything else is a projection.

Bingo. You are a focal point for a desire that has nothing to do with you as you really are. Desires are a poor way to love somebody. Words are cheap and meaningless. It is the unspoken things that we do for each other that truly tell. Being there at your worst. It is the painting we create as artists, the "I Love You" is just the signature that completes the work. It is not the work itself.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.