[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All right, so I'm in a decent relationship, we've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Dandy.png (383KB, 500x450px)
Dandy.png
383KB, 500x450px
All right, so I'm in a decent relationship, we've been going for something like 5 years, we're normally really happy and have no problems. Nobody's always happy, so I'm not dumb enough to think that little arguments are a serious concern.
But there's a specific recurring concern that I've been dealing with, which against my better judgement, I'm gonna air out on /adv/ like a fucking idiot:
Our relationship started when she left her boyfriend for me. They lived too far apart, they didn't have time for each other anymore, I was there, and she and I are genuinely great together, so she broke up with him and got with me. They tried to remain friends, but rarely ever saw each other again.
They maintained a small correspondence over Facebook or text, barely talking once a week, but they still had a similar interest in a particular local band, so rarely, they'd talk about when a show was happening and if it was close enough to attend, or how much it had cost or whatever.
I imagine this sort of conversation occurred relatively regularly over the course of our relationship, but it meant nothing to me because she and I were pretty well perfect together still, and she never even got close to testing my trust by staying out late or going out of town alone or hiding her phone from me or anything like that.
Eventually though, that situation did come up once, as she went to a concert, and it turns out he had gone to the same concert, so they spent some time together as friends, got some drinks, and later that night, she called me to explain that she drank too much and was going to stay the night at a friend's with a bunch of other people from the show.
Cont.
>>
>>17889409

I'm not a fucking retard, so I told her right away, 'Fuck that, I'm coming to get you,' but she never responded by telling me where she was. There was nothing I could do about it, but I wasn't going to let this shit stand, so when she got home the next day, I made it clear that I was going to fucking ruin her, that I didn't believe for a second that she didn't cheat on me, and that I was going to get to the bottom of this shit while she was locked in the damn room, and word one of complaint was going to result in the end of the relationship.
And she complied with everything, was apologetic in the extreme, and vowed never to make the mistake of drinking too much again.
And true to my word, I sniffed this shit out as much as I fucking possibly could. I asked at least a dozen people, called friends of hers I had never spoken to before, rifled through her phone records and chat logs, and seriously did everything I could, and turns out, she was being honest.
She didn't cheat, she didn't even really talk to him after he walked her to her ride.
She did confess to me that she thought about whether or not she could get away with it, and she said that if we had been in an open relationship, she'd have gone for it, but she knew we weren't, and she would never do anything to hurt me and all that.
So, honestly, I just didn't have any proof. I still don't know what to believe, to be honest. It's just that if I act on it, I don't have proof, and I'll be considered illogical and paranoid, right?
So, our relationship continued, with me biding my time for when her house of cards finally falls and I can tell everyone I fucking told them so, and it just...hasn't.
Like, we're back to being happy, and she's been really sweet, we've gone on vacations together, and we're talking about the future.
Cont again.
>>
>>17889420
Except she still talks to him. Sparingly, still, yeah, but she does. And they talk about shows or shitty little etsy products or whatever standard crap that regular 'friends' would talk about.
I know that he's still at least physically interested in her, because he's made mention of it to her before, which she showed me in an effort to be trustworthy, but as far as I can prove, she hasn't fanned the flames at all, and is honestly just an innocent friend to him.
That being said, I still find the situation untrustworthy. I've told her since then that her still talking with him makes me feel like shit, and she should watch what she says to him or does with him, but that I don't want to lock her in a tower and tell her she can't have a friend.
Since then, she's sometimes less trustworthy than normal. Like, she'll get texts and then hide her phone from view. I've brought it up before, but she asserts that everything's on the level, and she's just hiding it from me because she worries that I'll be angry at them 'just being friendly', and she doesn't want to hurt my feelings over nothing. I'm not sure if I believe that.
I've told her that if I ever get proof that she lied, I'm going to ruin her, and I've also said that if this 'friendship' ever gets too bothersome to me, I'm going to give her the ultimatum to choose between this 'old friend' or me. But I haven't actually issued that ultimatum yet.

So, am I full of shit? Am I paranoid, or are my suspicions correct and I'm just not looking hard enough? Should I make the ultimatum now, and get her to stop talking to him forevermore, even though I may not have any logical reason or proof for it?
Or could she actually be being honest, and I'm just not appreciating the actually really nice relationship we have?
>>
Recent occurrence that gave me cause to bring this up:
The guy broke his leg and so hasn't been able to work for a while, so is losing money. (It's frustrating that I know this much about his life through her.) So he started selling off some stuff through ebay, which my girlfriend found out about probably directly from him, so she bought a pair of earrings he had made himself.
I caught her writing out a check and letter to him, and asked what she was writing, to which she replied, "A check," and then for what, to which she replied, "Earrings."
I'm not retarded, so I figured out what was happening, and later that day brought up that they wouldn't come in time for Christmas, and that spending a lot of money on your ex-boyfriend is kind of fucked up. Turns out they were $20, but she gave him $25, because what's 5 dollars between friends, right?
Anyway, me telling her that I wanted to make sure she wasn't being extorted caused her to become so pissed off at me, she didn't want to speak to me for the rest of the night, which let me know that I had definitely hit a nerve.
Then, today, on Christmas, I scooped her chat history, and found that she has only said Merry Christmas to one single person, him, of course.

I'm not crazy, right? This is some shit I need to stomp out or leave behind, isn't it?
>>
>>17890154
Well, you did steal her from him. Thats the issue with taking someone who was already taken.

But yeah, that is pretty damn fucking wow to be in contact with an ex after 5 years. God damn kudos.
>>
>>17890168
Well, what do you recommend at this stage?
Do I just leave her? Make it clear that she and her ex are done beyond belief? Strangle one or both of them and go to prison?
Is it just wishful thinking to hope that I'm just being paranoid, or is this legit?
She still acts involved in the relationship, and everything. I'm still going to her fucking aunt's for Christmas, and we're still saving for an apartment together. Is that all total bullshit, and she's still planning to betray me?
>>
>>17889409
First the threat of ruin is stupid. It should be no more than you leaving and not speaking to her again.

That out of the way, their relationship continues despite it nearly ending yours when she went to meet him at the concert.

That was planned along with spending the night together. That happened and the people that told you otherwise covered for both her and the ex. Had they not been together she would have let you come pick her up that night.

Anyway, its been 5 years and she cannot let this guy go so I ask you why you want to be second?
>>
>>17890185
>she's still planning to betray me?
its not a plan she is doing it. if this ex was financially stable she would be gone already. you are wasting your fucking time
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.