[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got this issue with my boyfriend I'm pretty sure is petty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

Got this issue with my boyfriend I'm pretty sure is petty but might not be. By all appearances he's a cute enough, healthy 22 yo man. But for some reason he talks in this obnoxious slang, like a millenial hipster slang, and it drives me up a fucking wall and makes him appear younger than he is. Some examples, has been saying "Crimbus" instead of Christmas for the past week because he thinks it's funny, every time he says it he looks at me for validation and I'm like "what?". The other day: "my dome is cold" (instead of head) "usually I've got a dome-cover" (instead of hat). "I need to shovel some food down my gullet" instead of "I'm hungry". He'll say these things multiple times too. It's fucking weird right?? If I think of more examples I'll post them.
>>
He left a towel at my house and I washed it and told him I did. He said "Oh so it's probably not too grody then!" Like nope it is actually not "grody" at all because I washed it I literally just told you that???
>>
that sounds annoying as fuck
tell him
>>
Is he doing it in a post-ironic way
>>
>>17887471
Is he retarted?
>>
>>17887513
...Yeah. He like wears a jean jacket in -5 instead of a coat and is obsessed with his bike and writes zines
>>17887504
Christ it is. How? He genuinely thinks that he's a funny person. He's also insecure deep down but would never admit it
>>
>>17887471
what the fuck?
>>
>>17887471
>It's fucking weird right??

yes

maybe you are his 1st gf and he is trying to be cool

generally it's not worth trying to change somebody else it is difficult enough to change yourself

bottom line - buh bye to that guy

or just tell him to talk str8 or you walk
>>
>>17887518
>Yeah. He like wears a jean jacket in -5 instead of a coat and is obsessed with his bike and writes zines

I think you're just not bool enough commoner
>>
>>17887549
That's sure part of it
>>17887537
I'm... his third girlfriend. He's awful in bed too. I think I'm just going to end it instead of beng like "I hate the way you talk"
>>
>>17887471
>I need to shovel some food down my gullet
Lmao I bet even genuine autists would cringe at that one.

How did this guy get a gf, but /r9k/ can't?
>>
>>17887594
Ha! Do it on Crimbus for maximum impact
>>
>>17887636
Because he thinks he's funny while r9k knows they never will be
>>
Total lack of self awareness. He sounds like a regular old weirdo.
>>
>>17887471
Kek he's just shit at being funny

I do similar in that I use overly complicated words at times to express simple subjects...But I'm actually fucking funny. I think the problem is more that he doesn't understand that it's not funny and he thinks he's being quirky
>>
>>17887638
Lmao yes
>>17887636
He's 6'3" and bikes everywhere
Makes a good first impression
>>
>>17887682
Yeah I also have little vocal quirks I get a kick out of, like if an inanimate object is old I'll call it "elderly" and it amuses me mildly. But this is on another level. It's nonstop. Plus it's not "quirky" if you're trying so hard
>>
>>17887693
Oh I agree, there's a limit to everything and it's all about the delivery also. Humor is a fickle thing, it's very easy to kill and has no instruction manual as to how to keep it alive.

I'd just tell him to stop repeating the same shit. No joke is funny if you repeat it all fucking day.
>>
>>17887471
How did you not notice these things before you started dating?
My boyfriend and I both talk like weirdos, but it works because we both like it.
Usually people who like each either will start talking like each other. I'm kind of surprised that he hasn't adopted your style of speech nor have you adopted his. Particularly since you don't encourage his silliness by laughing or anything.

How long have you been dating?
>>
>>17887710
Yeah I'm too polite so I have never really said "that's not funny", the most I'll do is flat ignore it or I'll say "..no" which makes him laugh harder. But like I'm not trying to crush his soul when I can just chalk it up to incompatibility
>>17887732
A little over a month. I know, I mean I noticed it but I didn't think it would grate so much. There are things I like about him that AREN'T petty ya know, he's hardworking, good with animals, kind etc. And my last relationship was terrible so I kind of really wanted it to work
>>
I have lived in a very black area for the past 10 years and now have picked up some things they say like "you trying to go out and do something tonight?" instead saying "do you want to go out and do something tonight?" or something of that sort and wonder if normal white people I interact with think of me differently because of it.

But in OPs case he does say some pretty gay shit that would get annoying quick.
>>
>>17887518
>He's insecure deep down
And you know this how?

Generally when people try to be psychic and read the thoughts of others they fail pretty hard at doing it. So try to drop this bad habit you have of reaching your own conclusions about what they think and the kind of person they are etc. You're most likely wrong.
>>
>>17887813
We process the no as a friendly no, as "youre being annoying but I love that about you" you need to be stern
>>
>>17887820
Mmmmm nup, I'll list a few for you but you could take my word on it. He buys things for status, like whatever record came out recently then barely listens to it. He can't take criticism at all (he writes poetry etc) and it makes him defensive. Like any disagreement on anything (music, shows) is perceived as harsh criticism and makes him defensive. Also he has "performance anxiety" and cried once in bed because he was so nervous so there ya go
>>
>>17887838
You don't like this guy stop dating him
>>
>>17887845
That's the plan. I should do it Xmas eve? He's in a different state at his mom's
>>
>>17887685
Lol as much of a faggot this dude sounds, he sounds like an alright kinda guy. Im sure its annoying, but it sounds tolerable enough, fun times regardless. I cant wait til he realize how big of an autist hes being
>>
>>17887636
>How did this guy get a gf, but /r9k/ can't?

/r9k/ here we have no balls and our standards are too high but I am starting to understand that a beautiful women needs a man who can be confident.
>>
>>17887848
Idk I'm terrible at breakups but I would say yes
>>
>>17887848
I would wait until after the holidays
>>
>>17887471
Tell him it's weird and that you want him to stop. Then suck his dick and give him blue balls. Say that's going to happen every time you guys get sexy from then on until he stops.
>>
lol

If you don't like the "millennial hipster slang" then don't date him.

The word literally is also millennial hipster slang as well you hypocrite :^)
>>
>>17888043
> :^)
gtfo with your millenial hipster slang
>>
File: 1307809861001.png (77KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
1307809861001.png
77KB, 1162x850px
>>17887682
>I do similar
>But I'm actually fucking funny
>the problem is more that he doesn't understand that it's not funny and he thinks he's being quirky

>But I'm actually fucking funny
>>
>>17888043
The word "literally" is slang when used apart from its actual definition, which is "in a literal manner or sense". When I told my boyfriend I washed his towel, I meant it in a literal manner or sense. Check pic related, 2nd entry is slang
>>
>>17887848
Assuming that he actually cares about you, ending it on Christmas is a pretty bitch move.. and in my opinion being a retarded faggot doesn't justify getting treated like that. From the sound of it you should definitely end it after the holidays though. You two sound horrible together.
>>
>>17889176
And before I forget it. Be frank with this guy when you dumb him and tell him how annoying he is. So many annoying idiots I know are like that because of politeness and it would be great to get rid of that cancer in our lifetime.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.