[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Decisiveness Persistence Courage Faith Equanimity All you will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 500full.jpg (14KB, 480x250px) Image search: [Google]
500full.jpg
14KB, 480x250px
Decisiveness
Persistence
Courage
Faith
Equanimity

All you will ever need to succeed and be happy in life. Live by these 5 values and you will go far.
>>
>>17887086
And how does one achieve these values?
>>
>>17887086
>Faith
What for?

Rest is legit though.
>>
>>17887121
According to the stoics, faith in gods/fate. If we modernize it a bit we can say say faith as in a feeling of certainty regarding something (god, life, yourself).
Stoics are good for the 21st century in my opinion. Everyone should read what little was collected of Epictetus, and Marcus Aurelius
>>
>>17887121

Faith that life will reward you for your efforts. Faith that you have made the right decisions. Faith in your own abilities.

Whether you wish to extend this faith to a spiritual/religious belief is entirely up to you
>>
>>17887152
>Faith that life will reward you for your efforts
i can see the other ones but this one is dangerous
>>
>>17887103
This, otherwise this thread is like "Stop having depression."
>>
>>17887152
>Faith that life will reward you for your efforts
Completely against stoicism. A stoic expect nothing from the outside, and seeks to spot desiring that.
Stoicism is simple, take hold of yourself and work on yourself for no other sake than yours. The rest is outside your sphere of control and would bring pain to try and control those things.

>>17887103
In stoicism through reflection as a feedback mechanism. You gotta have values and goals to aim for, especially virtues. Then your look back on your life to see whether you live up to those virtues and goals, and if not how to get closer.
For example if you want to be more decisive reflect on what causes you to delay decisions (too much thinking, feelings,etc.), then focus on removing or not paying attention to those factors. It's also important not to set goals outside of the things you control (actions, emotions (can't really control how you feel, but you can control how you act on those feelings) and your words), rest is outside and trying to get them is against stoic principles. So don't focus on getting girls like /adv/ virgins do, focus on something within yourself.
>>
>>17887365
>A stoic expect nothing from the outside, and seeks to spot desiring that.
expects* stops*
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.