[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this sexual harassment? >a girl at work cut her hair off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7909.jpg (1MB, 2121x1414px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7909.jpg
1MB, 2121x1414px
Is this sexual harassment?

>a girl at work cut her hair off (girl A)
>her sister (girl B) tells me, "it's dumb but she's going down this gothic path"
>I say, "you sure she's not going down a lesbian path? Lol"
>Girl B says, "lol no way. If she was then she would have went down a long time ago lol"
>she walks away
>I turn to this coworker next to me (Girl C) and say, "you never know some people are into scissoring and lesbian action"
>Girl C laughs and says, "true you never know"
>Girl B misheard what was said and thought I was asking if Girl A likes to scissor other girls and was trying to sexually harass her. She told my manager that I was sexually harassing her about her sister.

I only suggested maybe she was going lesbian. And when I brought up lesbian action, it was to Girl C after Girl B left. Never was I trying to harass her or make feel uncomfortable.

I have to apologize to her but I'm afraid if I tell her she misunderstood me then she'll get defensive and try to make things worse. But at the same time I don't want to apologize for saying something that I didn't say or mean with bad intentions.
>>
It could get you fired in the current year, but IDK if it would stand up in court.
>>
You made a series of inappropriate jokes infront of or regarding 3 women in the workplace.

How retarded are you? In the current year?
>>
>>17886429
I wouldn't go as far as calling it sexual harassment, but it sounds like she interpreted your "scissoring" comment correctly. You were speculating about girl A's sex life, which is a dumb thing to do when her sister is within earshot. Also dumb, in general, to talk that way about your co-workers while you're at work.

She really didn't misunderstand you, so just leave it at "I'm sorry" and learn from the experience. If you try to justify the stuff you said you'll only make it worse
>>
>>17886440
Okay wow I feel better. I was only really worried about the court side of it. My boss seems to understand my side of the story and just wants me to apologize for the misunderstanding. I just don't want her to go after me further. I do have a witness thankfully. And I'll be sure to never talk to her about anything again
>>
>>17886429
>Never was I trying to harass her or make feel uncomfortable.
Most harassers don't actually TRY. Your intent is irrelevant. I'd say it's more of "inappropriate remarks" than full fledged sexual assault but you're definitely in the wrong and should apologize.

It's kinda weird how fast B went to the management. You're sure it's your first time saying dumb shit?
>>
>>17886448
Yes I'm a retard and wish I never said those things.

>>17886450
That's what I figured. I fucked up and I'll apologize no matter which was she took it. I shouldn't have even put her in the position to take it incorrectly.

Also coworker girl C agrees that I didn't cross any lines and everything was said without intent to harm.

But still it's inappropriate
>>
>>17886471
Yeah it threw me off guard. I told management that she never gave me dirty looks or brought it to my attention that it was inappropriate. They said she might have felt intimidated cause she's only 16 and didn't know how to handle the situation.

I swear to God I never sexually harassed her or anybody at work ever. I work with my damn gf so that's even more of a reason to watch what I say. This was totally blown up and I feel embarrassed to even be accused of sexual harassment
>>
>>17886485
>They said she might have felt intimidated cause she's only 16 and didn't know how to handle the situation.
Ah, makes some sense then.
>>
>>17886485
>I swear to God I never sexually harassed her or anybody at work ever
I dunno man, you're wading around in a grey area. I'm not a saint, I've made much worse jokes than that around my friends. But in a professional environment, I'd never talk as lewdly as you did about one of my coworkers. It's asking for trouble.

I think this situation will blow over if you just make a genuine apology. But don't let yourself off the hook too easily, pretty much anybody would get in trouble for saying what you said at work, if the wrong person overhears it. Learn from this shit and be a little more professional when you're at work
>>
>>17886507
Oh I learned my lesson alright. I'll never do something like this again
>>
>>17886515

Don't let cunts control you, just try to keep your good jokes reserved for men
>>
>>17886531
>bro fist
>>
>>17886429
quit talking to women in the workplace
its never a good idea, doesn't matter if you're just being friendly, its asking for drama.
>>
>>17886631
You're right
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.