[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone has advise for someone wanting to move out of their parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1419129513165.jpg (296KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1419129513165.jpg
296KB, 2000x1500px
anyone has advise for someone wanting to move out of their parents house and renting a room? I'm a 22 year old with an alright tech position at 35k expecting to make more in the future, planning on spending 500-800 a month. I'm basically a social hermit but can talk to anyone normally if needed without it feeling forced. I don't drink/smoke/drugs or make much noise. I'm also a full time job/college student, so I won't actually be there for 5 days out of the week, only for sleeping. I'm a fatass, but I am very clean with everything I dp so I hope that doesn't actually ruin some good opportunities.

I want to know some red flags when it comes to finding a room for rent. The last thing I want to worry about is getting scammed or getting kicked out by a building landlord despite paying my rent and shit. I have some experience with Craigslist with buying/selling cars on there, but the housing market there seems like a different monster.

any and all advise is welcomed
>>
Depending on where you live, 500 seems too low and you'll likely have shitty neighbors, aka niggers. The higher the rent the less niggers. Try to stake out some apartments you have interest in and see what the noise level is like. Also apartments closers to schools will obviously have more kids around. Reviews online can get you a good idea of how fast maintenence is, but it's not always accurate in most people's negative comments. Almost all online reviews about apartments will be negative so don't make your judgement based solely on them. Things add up quickly at first, so have a bit saved for your first month's rent, deposit into an electric account, application fees and maybe a parking sticker if you have that option. Renters Insurance is great as it might cover your car if broken into if you don't have full coverage.
>>
>>17885875
>planning on spending 500-800 a month
Where do you live that you think you can spend that little on rent?
>>
>>17886002
north east jersey
>>
Anon I live in Morris County and make 40k working in Paramus. My rent is 1k split between two people. My roommate wasn't a stranger but I reccomend rental websites like iroommates and spare key. Just gotta find someone you flow with household wise. Are they clean? respectful of property? These are the things that really matter.
>>
>>17886002
even in pittsburgh you could spend 800 on rent. i'm sure anywhere that isn't NYC, LA, etc etc has those prices.
>>
want I want to do is try to rent a room for a couple months, and once I ether get a raise from my job or pass my CCNA (or both) to find a nice 2 bedroom apartment outside the city with a garage, and rent out the other room to some social hermit that works/schools full time and doesn't want to deal with the usual drama of room mates.
>>
>>17886186
My buddy and now wife have a 2 bedroom flat. Thought about renting the other room since it's between where I commute and live now. Thing is, they're both slobs. Like their shit everywhere. Weeks worth of dishes in the sink, dirty fucking stovetop, the fridge is a trip and the bathroom is like a pubic hair jungle. And they're totally ok with it. Whenever I stop by I'm like whose turn is it to take out the fucking trash that's becoming an overflowing mountain as I carve out space in the fridge to put a pack of beer. When the wife was gone once, I made my buddy clean the place while helping and giving pointers, because maybe he didn't grow up doing it or whatever. She comes back "oh anon, you made hubby clean the place! Looks so good!!" except I said well maybe if you acted like a functional wife instead of one who doesn't clean up after herself. She got a little offended but fuck her.

I know it's a bad deal to rent there but money and time wise it's beneficial for me. Just don't consider that option right?
>>
one actual bit of knowledge I need to know, can anyone legally rent a room or do I have to make sure its the landlord that is authorizing the room renting? I don't want to fuck it up with renting from someone and them not having permission to do so.
>>
>>17885895
pretty much this

more rent usually means better neighbors which means less noise less trash less shit in the parking lot when you go to your car etc

craigslist has room rentals but they usually go quickly try to visit a few
>>
>>17886087
Enjoy living in a closet.
>>
>>17886194
Live in Pittsburgh and can confirm. OK places can be had for $600/month. $800/month for one bedroom gets you something nice. Places in the ghetto are not advertised to the general public.

The downside is jobs here pay shit compared to other places.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.