[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question about my job: I'm a retail worker; I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.gif (660KB, 600x539px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
660KB, 600x539px
Question about my job:

I'm a retail worker; I've been wanting to get promoted my entire career, or at least work in a different department. One week ago, I finally got to get out of a department I felt very trapped in. I got to be part of my retailer's asset protection.

I thought, no more worrying about returns, no more zoning, no more overstock, worrying about inventory time, or going up to run the register. I thought my new position was a total upgrade! I even get paid more!

Oh boy I was in for a shock. It was too good to be true. The job looked simple ( greet everyone, say goodbye, receipt check, and do express refunds). But it's not simple. There's a whole fuckton of little rules and shit I have to obey. In reality I'm hassling the fuck out of honest customers, and I really don't like it.

For example, I'll stand up front where everyone can see me, and I can see them, and I'll see the customers paying for everything, but still have to receipt check them.

Next example: when a customer is returning an item, we are to painstakingly scan it and affix a small sticker onto it. It's absolutely pointless. But management is saying that by January 1, everyone has to have the sticker on their merch as they're returning it, or they'll no longer accept the merchandise back. It's bullshit because associates will not always be there. And we do get swamped by the staggering amount of returns. This process just hassles honest customers and I don't like it.

Not to mention the job is physically tiring because I'm forcing myself to be extroverted. I'm introverted.

Question is, do I tough out this easy but shitty job, or transfer to a harder, lower paying, but more rewarding job that I KNOW I excel at?
>>
Tl:dr

>Do I stay in an easy, well-paying job that has shitty & overbearing rules I have to follow, that is physically draining

Or

> do I transfer to a shitter department where I'll get paid less but I excel at the work being done
>>
>>17885722
It's not that serious senpai. As a customer I just come up to you with my receipt in hand, who ever is at the door does a quick scan of my items, marks my receipt and I'm off.
>>
>>17885722
Go back to school, learn to do something that matters.
Business admin, if you're in love with retail. Or accounting. Or whatever.
>>
>>17885733
Yeah me too. I am/was a proficient cashier so I know what to look for on the receipt. I look at it for a second then I'm done. You're free to go. I don't mark anything. Glad you understand I'm not accusing you or trying to hold you up.

I guess I left out the detail that receipt checking is pretty new at my retailer. We started this summer. And the rules keep changing! No one here knows what to expect, we're just doing as we're told.

I just dislike knowing I might not be good enough for the job. Lots of times I intentionally let customers slip by
>>
Retail is a shitty career choice, same thing as fast food. Run as far away as you can like i did and now i make wayy more money
>>
I say no thank you and I just walk out, I payed already so fuck having my shit checked

I hope this doesn't offend you
>>
>>17887009
Nah not at all. Even more so when I saw you pay for it but it's still my job to check. We don't worry about it.

I just wish there was a better way to cut back on shoplifting that doesn't involve hassling honest customers. It's sort of like how one bad apple ruins the bunch
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.