[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>24, never had a gf, khv >semi-goodlooking, tall, fit,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

>24, never had a gf, khv
>semi-goodlooking, tall, fit, well dressed

How will I ever find love, adv? Is it even possible at this point to sample the dating world sufficiently to find a good partner for life?

People can't stop telling me "if you can't be happy alone, you won't get a realtionship", but at some point I feel it's just not possible to be happy on your own.
How do I know if I'm just lonely or generally unhappy with myself? I can't tell anymore.
>>
File: 1200.jpg (27KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
27KB, 618x412px
bump again
>>
Pls stahp ignor thank
>>
what is "good looking" by your standards?
>>
>>17885167
Why is that important? I'm above average I guess. At least I'm happy with my looks.
>>
>>17885176
well, that's why Elliot Roger killed those people. He thought he was amazing looking and therefore entitled to endless pussy. He was a psycho, beside the point. The best thing you can do for yourself is to do for yourself. I'm a good looking guy, 21 (avg 8-9/10 on r8 boards), but every relationship I've ever been in has ended with be being cheated on. That's the risk of rushing it. Getting destroyed. Focus on yourself. I think that's something you don't do regularly if you're posting here.
>>
>>17885187
omfg dont compare me to fucking elliot roger... I didn't even say "goodlooking" I said, semi-goodlooking.
>>
>>17885194
your explosiveness to indirect criticism is very telling that you are unhappy with yourself. If its any consolation, we all are in some way. Only sociopaths aren't.
>>
>>17885208
What? I'm just not exactly happy to be compared to a maniac.
>>
>>17885222
fair. But back to subject at hand. I think you have depression. It's possible to feel lonely even in a relationship with somebody if the connection isn't there. Trust me. I've had that happen multiple times. Seeking help for your issues should be your biggest concern. Even when there's connection, you'll ruin it by being insecure or unhappy.
>>
You're unhappy not because you don't have a girlfriend, but because your life is empty, you have no passions and interests and/or you made up some idea of happiness that involves a girlfriend.

People who say you can't be happy in a relationship if youre not happy on your own are usually right. Especially if you've never been in a relationship before. People like you tend to have unreasonable expectations from relationships and they will be disappointed when they finally get one. Even if that's not the case a relationship cannot fix what's wrong with you and if you can't be happy without a relationship there's probably something wrong with you. And if there is something wrong with you, something that makes you unhappy it will persist and do the same thing after the honeymoon period of your relationship is over.

So yeah, find something that will bring you joy. Life doesn't revolve around vagina (well, I guess in a way it does, but your happiness doesn't have to). Almost everybody I know who thinks like you goes through periods of depression or frustration/anxiety, no matter how much success they have with relationships. Eventually all of them face problems, temporary or permanent and if that relationship is your whole life you can bet it will take a toll on you.
>>
>>17885233
Thank you for your well put thoughts :)
I guess you are correct. I do have a slightly depressive disposition, but depression has a lot to do with loneliness after all. I am not entirely where I want to be in life, but who is? I'm happy with my studies, my body, my looks, my social circle... I'm working on finding a real passion and a purpose.

My problem is this: I worry it will all be too little too late. How can a guy like me still find happiness and love if he couldn't in the "best" years of his life? The anxiety of missing out on this part of life cripples me and I feel like a relationship, even if imperfect, would alleviate at least some of these things.

Not to mention I fear that I will always carry these regrets of missed youth with me that will negatively impact my life until I die. I fear going on like this all alone will only make it worse every day.
>>
>>17885187

JUST B URSELF BRAH
>>
>>17885233
...also, don't most people not *really* have a life? Don't most of them just work all day and watch netflix at night? How do people like that have relationships if you need to lead such a fulfilling life?
>>
>>17885270
It sounds like you associate happiness with romantic love. Which is one reason why you're feeling lonely and depressed. Happiness comes from within, not from outside events and circumstances. You can be a healthy billionaire with the most caring partner(s) and you could still find reasons to be unhappy. Or you could be a broke, lonely cripple and be happy. In fact, on average rich people aren't much happier than average joes.

Of course, most of us base our happiness on our circumstances, but even if you can't find happiness just by existing you can still "decide" which events make you happy. Right now it has been ingrained in your brain that happiness means having a relationship and money and whatnot. Sure, these things are nice, but you don't NEED them in order to be happy. You can find happiness in anything (or even in nothingness) with the proper mindset.

I suggest you read Happiness by Matthieu Ricard. If you want to continue pursuing women you should read Models by Mark Manson, although, as I said, you shouldn't use this as your only source of happiness.

>>17885285
you don't need to lead a fulfilling life to have a relationship, my point was that a relationship alone won't make you happy. You don't really need to "have a life" in order to be happy either. There are NEET basement dwellers who are happier than most working, active people out there. You just need to have the proper outlook.
>>
>>17885343
Thx, mate. Appreciate your help. ;_;
>>
>>17885061
You don't find love. Love finds you.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.