[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>26 years old >broke up with gf I've been with since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (154KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
154KB, 1920x1040px
>26 years old
>broke up with gf I've been with since I was 20 a few months ago
>finally feel ready for new relationships
>no idea how to approach girls

I'm feeling kind of silly asking this at this point in my life, but how do I engage girls at a bar? Am I supposed to come alone or with friends? Do I just abandon them? How am I supposed to talk to a girl if she's with friends?
>>
help
>>
>>17883899
>>17884255
How about a "Hi" for starters?
>>
>>17884259
I've got that part down, but after I say "Hi", do I talk to her friends? To Her? To all of them?
>>
Bars suck
>>
>>17884286
So how would you recommend meeting girls? Dating apps?
>>
>>17883899
Why are you in such a hurry? Just mind your own bussiness and do yourself for a change, and then what do you know it happens all naturally(the way it should be). I dont see why people are so desperate to find a significant one asap, life is more about yourself then someone else.
>>
>>17884341
Go out where there are people. Grocery store is always fun, but then again I can chat about anything and have good charm. Look up hash running/runners in your area if you're close to a metro area. Running and drinking. Seriously a fun group. Then you can network and meet others
>>
>>17884352
That is true, but unfortunately at this point in my life most of the people I work with and meet are already married or engaged. Either that or I am ethically restricted from dating them (I'm a doctor). I may be in too much of a hurry, but I just feel like it's a big part that's missing from my life now, especially after so many years.
>>17884356
That's an interesting idea, maybe I'll just go for different activities to meet people instead of going directly to the bar. It just feels like it makes more sense to go to where I know people are looking for someone to date, instead of bothering random people in the grocery store/the local gym.
>>
>>17883899

In a similar situation to you, the friends I was in contact with when me and my ex broke up are all hermits so I had to reach out to older friends I knew were more outgoing. Started getting invited to friends of friends parties, going out to clubs/bars etc and it's extremely easy to make friends or meet women this way. I have a steady stream of events to attend now by making connections with mutual friends. I've never done the approach a strange thing unless they were part of the party I was at or group I was hanging with, but it could work too if you're interesting enough.
>>
>>17884363
I see, so you are basically networking and meeting people who are friends of your friends? That's a good way of overcoming the whole approach thing, but I don't know if I am really comfortable with sharing this with my friends and having them do matchmaking for me (though I'm sure they'd be up for it)
>>
>>17884367

No no I mean I got back in contact with friends that I drifted apart from in my early 20's and simply by doing this you have more opportunities to meet even more people. For example one of my friends I hadn't spoken to in 3 years and he was pretty happy to hear from me, invited me out to some strangers party and night on the town and I met a bunch of people this way. The more people you know and talk to the easier it is to expand you social circle.
>>
>>17884370

It also makes meeting new people not awkward at all because you have a mutual friend there with you, you're also a fresh face for everyone else there so most people are interested in talking to you. Most social groups are very welcoming to outsiders, so knowing just one of their members goes a long way.
>>
>>17884370
>>17884373
That's an interesting idea. I think I can try it with both old friends and new ones who have social circles I've never met. Might be worthwhile, thanks!
>>
If you just want to bone, do the dating apps thing. It wasn't a thing when you were single the last time, but it's almost guaranteed to find something there, since mutual interest is already granted from the start.

And just mentioning you're a doctor would make panties drop
>>
>>17884391
Thanks, but I feel like I'm past that already, only looking for relationships. I did download Tinder because friends told me I can find good relationships on there, but later realized it was mostly aimed at casual hook ups.
>>
You're trying to come up with this scientific strategic plan on how to act when you see them. Your expectations of how you should act will fall apart because they're not based on experience.

The best thing you can do is go to the bar and talk to them. And if that fails think about what went wrong and differentiate noticing a fatal error in what you're doing or having an insecurity that doesn't really mean anything.

Like "I don't think she likes the way i'm talking to her because she seems a little disinterested in me" Might be an insecurity. She might be interested and is just warming up to you

But something like "The way I approached her obviously made her uncomfortable and in the future I should be more wary about approaching other women that way. Just in case it wasn't just her, i'll try this way with a few more women. But if it fails, i'm not approaching this way anymore"
>>
>>17883899
SWALLOW THE RED PILL
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.