[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The general consensus in psychiatry is that cannabis can trigger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1451434020752.jpg (306KB, 1024x702px) Image search: [Google]
1451434020752.jpg
306KB, 1024x702px
The general consensus in psychiatry is that cannabis can trigger psychosis in people vulnerable to it.

I had two psychosis in my life so far, and I don't want another one. I take antipsychotics against it, and they work fine for the most part.
But I still get very subtle delusions, even when taking them.

For example, I can get a fixed Idea, that is most probably wrong, for example that a female friend is in love with me, and I don't recognize such a delusion as an ilogical thought at all, unless, well, unless I smoke a joint now and then, which helps me greatly in changing perspectives, seeing things from all kinds of diffrent angles, and preventing delusional thoughts that would build up if I wouldn't smoke.

I have been smoking cannabis while taking anti psychotics for the past 8 years, it never triggered psychosis in me, I never told the psychiatric nurse I see every month for check up, because I know that she would be against it. I tried quitting smoking cannabis, it wouldn't be a problem at all, if it weren't for these mini delusions, these fixed thoughts that build up when I don't smoke for a few months.

Tl;dr: I think smoking a joint every now and then actually helps me with my condition and mental health, psychiatry thinks otherwise.
Any anon here with psychiatric background who could tell me how much of a "bright" idea smoking weed while being genetically vulnerable to psychosis really is?
>>
It's gonna be one hell of a ride and can potentially be dangerous. But for real dope is weak.
>>
>>17883891
Whoa dude, what if smoking weed to remove delusions IS a delusion?
>>
>>17883891
you are using 420 to self-medicate & suppress whatever mental condition you have, ie. chemical imbalance in the brain

if you stop 420 then surprise you discover than your current dose of anti-psycho meds is not enough and then go back to 420

really long term you will totally fuck yourself up with this approach

stop the 420 for 6 months get your anti-psych meds at the correct dosage and then try 420 again
>>
>>17883891
You think cannabis helps you change you're perspective? Try LSD mother fucker. That stuff will teach you loads about yourself. Before we criminalised it, psychiatrist were telling patients they should try it because it was the equivalent of years of therapy. The reason it's so effective? It makes you self analyze in a way that your brain understand, not you talking to your psychiatrist and trying to decipher their messages.

Of course you should never try LSD unless you are mentally stable and in a stable environment. Just like any other drug it may not react well in certain people. One hell of a time in my experience though.

If you get your mind in control, I recommend you try LSD at least once in your life. I mean everyone... It's not like a refer madness movie, it's a very beautiful experience.
>>
>>17883891

Similar here. Though i was depressed and weed motivates me and i feel like i can understand people when im high. It lets me see how i'm acting and how others react to me. And how to stop being such a sperg lord. Also since doing weed is fun it gives me something to look forward to every day and in that way has been battling my depression. Though the battle is still far from over i really do feel that as long as i'm having fun daily, i am winning against depression. Thanks to weed i have goals and dreams now, which right now is mainly tearing up some pussy so i need to mature emotionally to handle women. Just each day trying to improve so that i can have a gf.
>>
Pot is kinda like the candy cigarettes of drugs.

Marijuana is a Schedule 1 drug because under very special circumstances it can act as a hallucinogen, which automatically categorizes it with LSD and psilocyben. In truth, the effects are hugely exaggerated.

Weed, at the worst, can make some people anxious, and that usually stops after you try it a few times. You're gonna get hungry and couch locked, that's it.

Also
>a group of people who make money prescribing expensive drugs recommend NOT taking a cheap alternative that literally grows out of the ground
Color me shocked
>>
>>17884083
No seriously, weed sometimes opens new perspectives.

Regards smoked dailyish for a few years, now off all drugs+alcohol for a month+
>>
>>17884921
It can, but like that other anon said, psychedelics are where it's at if you want to /really/ get a good look at who you are
>>
>>17883891
Weed sparked my first panic attacks. Now I can't even smell the smoke without freaking out.

It used to give me laughing fits. Now it has just made me crazy.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.