[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm eighteen, and over the past few years I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I'm eighteen, and over the past few years I've been losing pleasure in life so slowly that I only realized it recently. When I lost interest in the majority of video games and movies, it seemed like a part of adulthood, and I had my fascination with reading to compensate. Now that's gone too, along with television, comics, and pretty much every other form of entertainment, though I still like music a bit. I don't even enjoy conversation anymore.

But I'm not depressed. There is no huge anxiety or suffering in my life. I dislike my school, but that's normal. I don't want to die. So what's wrong with me?
>>
It sounds like dysthymia, which is not to imply you have an "illness" in the usual sense of the word. Something is giving you a shit mood and possibly loneliness.
>>
>>17883659
u depressed son
>>
>>17883659
>>17883696
Oh, and
>I'm not depressed.
Depression comes in different levels. Some people were a little bit unhappy about candidates chosen for the recent presidential election. Someone out there probably attempted suicide due to the anguish. They both fall under the umbrella of depression.
>>
>>17883696
I've heard of this. I dismissed it before, but it looks pretty close to what I have now that I think about it. My only problem is from this quote:

>Early onset (diagnosis before age 21) is associated with more frequent relapses, psychiatric hospitalizations, and more co-occurring conditions

Does this mean that to be diagnosed, I have to have some major crisis moment, like a hospitalization?

>>17883698
>>17883704
I guess so. I remember my mother having issues with Depression in the past, but it would be awkward to confront her about it.
>>
>>17883659
"When I was a child I thought and spoke like a child. But now I am a man I put aside childish things."

You're just growing up and outgrowing your child's tastes. Find what you like now and search out toys that will meet your new tastes.
>>
>>17883968
The tricky thing though is I've tried a lot of adult things too, and they don't appeal to me either. Academic literature, philosophy, STEM fields - nothing stuck. I'm disaffected in a similar way. My taste in music hasn't changed drastically since I was a child, and I still enjoy it a lot.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.