[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

afternoon /adv/. i'm in a bit of a situation. i'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Faith-No-More-Angel-Dust.jpg (110KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
Faith-No-More-Angel-Dust.jpg
110KB, 945x945px
afternoon /adv/. i'm in a bit of a situation.

i'll try to be as brief as possible while touching all the required points.

i'm 19, doing online classes, without license, credit card, job, or car. i'm doing very well in my classes, and i live with my mother, her bf of a decade or whatever (both in mid/late 50s), and my younger brother. weeks of my life alternate between staying inside all day and playing games / doing online coursework or going out every other night with friends to party or hit up town or whatever.

my mom unconditionally loves me to death, my brother and i have a great relationship. however, mom's bf has seemed to really strongly dislike the fuck out of me for my entire life, and for no reason i can find. my brother did worse in school, was far worse brought up, is much worse mannered, and is generally a worse person than i am, yet mom's bf has always liked him over me, by several miles, ever since i was a little kid (since 10-11 years old or so).

now, it's winter break. i wake up every day to the sound of him fighting with my mom over stupid shit, and saying i'm the problem of the household at the end of it, and when they're not fighting, he's just straight talking shit about me unabashedly (he's a burden on my shoulders, he does nothing within his fucking capabilities, he should feel ashamed, he's the reason why we fight) and all that.

now, i would maybe understand a sliver of this stance if i was doing nothing proactively to better myself. i'm mentally in a very fragile state and i have been for a year or so (crippling anxiety, frequent panic attacks, hate confrontation). i am unable to get my license until about march (which i'm working on the driving hours), otherwise i would try and go for a low-anxiety internship or working position. (cont.)
>>
>>17882172
>>17882172
the "only" thing my parents are doing for me are providing a room, and food obviously. i realize it's a lot, and i'm grateful for it, and i remind them constantly that i am. but i never ask for anything. fuck, i have a FRIEND that is paying my college because my FAFSA fell through, and i've agreed to pay him back once i'm financially able. this friend is my lifeline right now. he's slightly younger than the age of my parents, but he knows me very well, and is probably the best man i know (also he's been with my uncle for over two decades, and my uncle is just as great of a person).

i have the option to move in with my friend, he has stressed constantly that i can move in with him. he only requests i do some chores and help around (which, obviously, i can do). i'll be in the basement though, and it's going to need a lot of touching up to be livable, but if things get bad enough (it's getting there), it's much worth it.

i appreciate it if you've read in this far. i'm probably shit at explaining a lot of it so i'll try to summarize it best i can:

mom's bf without a doubt fucking hates me and he's finding an excuse to make me feel like shit and try to get the other members of the household to turn on me, it seems. it's excuses that used to make a little bit of sense but there's nothing that i'm NOT doing to help myself in those situations. i've been so polite and initiated so much conversation with him for the past few months and tried as hard as i can to improve my image peacefully, through his eyes, but it has obviously failed and he continues to have this hateful view of me. i have the option to move out with someone else but it would be quite a bit of work. (cont.)
>>
>>17882176
and for the record, my brother is far bigger of a financial hole than i am. he asks for shit all the time and gets everything while i'm here content as i am.

if you're confused, please don't mind asking any clarifying questions or trying to get some backstory from me. i'll be here all day, even with a few delays here and there, i WILL check back.

thanks for giving a shit, guys. i really need whatever you can offer as far as a next step. thank you.
>>
Fuck hus opinions. Finish school, get a job, and when your mom asks why you don't go home for Christmas, tell her why.
>>
>>17882185
this is my credo right now my man, once i get any sort of job, even if it's only with two years worth of classes, i'm fucking gone.
>>
>>17882179
Move in with your friend mate. I've met his type (yo mom's bf). Trust me, you could be going to havard and he'd still say your not trying hard enough. Ya need to get out boi. If its too much work for you to move with your friend, your shit mom's bf might have a smidge of a point there.
>>
>>17882217
this is what i'm leaning towards. the thing is, if i moved in with my friend, it would break my mom's heart, so really that's just half of the "work" involved. finding a safe haven where i'm not hated for existing is worth any amount of work.

if you dont mind me asking, what has your experience been with the type of my mom's bf? i didnt even know his type could exist. i understand straight up hatred, but it's like he tries so fucking hard to find excuses that have NO substance just to oust me.

and for future reference, he never says any of this to my face. it is ALWAYS me overhearing it. not once has he said anything to me about it, probably because i tower like a foot over him
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.