[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been told by bleeding heart liberal pussies that I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Fuck_you.jpg (67KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck_you.jpg
67KB, 400x388px
I've been told by bleeding heart liberal pussies that I lack empathy for the detritus of the world (drug addicts, young unwed mothers, vegans, etc.). I was bullied a lot growing up, so at some point I concluded that if nobody cared about me I shouldn't care about anyone else. How do I unlearn that lesson? Is it worthwhile?
>>
That lesson is perfectly logical and you should continue to think that way.

People wonder why nobody helps someone when they're being murdered in broad daylight. Because if they do, the body count doubles.

The world is harsh and fucking sucks, yet often times the most loudmouth liberals, who 99% of had a comfy rich living, see something mildly bad that you don't normally see in a gated community, and freak the fuck out, which somehow has gained momentum
>>
>>17881868
And what do these pussies did for these people? Nothing, I presume.

I hate people like that. Bunch of dumbfucks who care sooooooooo much yet somehow cannot even help a single person in need.

If a person declares empathy to be one of their virtues, yet doesn't act on this feeling then that person is doing nothing else but using the tragedy of others to feel better - and that's disgusting.
>>
>>17882055
>And what do these pussies did for these people? Nothing, I presume.
They were wearing safety pins. Something about it warding off bigotry. And they go to planned parenthood rallies. I've heard them lament the population of homeless people in the city, but I've not heard them talk about donating or volunteering at shelters.
>>
>>17881868
Why would you?
Just to fit in with them?
>bleeding heart liberal pussies
&
> I shouldn't care about anyone else
You scream that you don't want it. Why doubt?

Is it worthwhile?
I give too much fucks about people that I should not give a fuck about. If only I cared less. I think I would be more decisive (less hesistant), more confident and less anxious.

Our (western) society is quite liberal. The whole idea of "not giving a fuck" about other people is a climax of "liberal" individualism. This is reality so adapt to it. I think you did.
>>
Lacking empathy is nothing to be proud of. It's literally autistic. It means you can't understand other people's emotions or motivations from their point of view.

You probably meant sympathy but you sound dumb so you probably don't know the difference any way.
>>
File: 1379455373218s.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1379455373218s.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>17881868
>>
>>17882055
>be me
>tell liberal fag from my class refugees have to go back
>oh no racist poor hungry refugees
>he passes by a beggar in the street
>He didn't even blink an eye.
>>
>>17881868
Sure, those people who annoyed you were hypocrites, but to think that by embracing your lack of care for others you're on a higher moral horse than those who care but do nothing is misguided.

Caring for others is very worthwhile, and the satisfaction of helping people in need with no expectation of reward is far greater than the satisfaction of vain achievement.
>have a college degree and work a job in my field and enjoy it
>also volunteer with homeless feeding and work with drug addicts (former addict myself)
>the service work is far more fulfilling than my professional life
>>
>>17882505
To each their own. You can't expect to actually challenge people's belief systems when they're deeply entrenched, anyways. All you get is the angry resistance of somebody who has just had their views validated by you (The stupid, misguided fool.) for disagreeing with them.
>>
>>17881868
It's simply more practical. Unless you're rich/in position of power, acting and sounding like a autistic dickhead will only cause everybody else to treat you like one, making your own life harder. Also if you legitimately lack empathy, you're pretty much brain damaged and it will show.

>>17882469
A country dealing with a problem isn't the same as a person doing it. Unless he suggested that others should personally go out and help refugees of course. If there is a humanitarian disaster, you expect any decent country to send out people to help, just like if there is a building on fire, you expect the fireman doing something about it, not random fags on the streets.

Besides, even the most fucked up beggar on the streets of a first world country is in a much better position than some faggot in a messed place.
>>
>>17882645
>beggar
>can't afford food. Starving alone in the middle of the night alone
>rapefugee
>tweeting shit from Aleppo with their Samsung galaxies
>have winter clothes as I've seen on TV
>they never feel alone because they're in group of thousands
>if they go to Sweden they get Nordic pussy
So tell me why are beggars privileged?
>>
>>17881868

>I was bullied when I was growing up
>so that means I should say "fuck you" to everyone in the world
>because those few bullies represent every human being that ever lived or will live

Maybe you should come to the realization that you treat others the way you want to be treated? You didn't want to get treated like shit. Not many other people do, except as a sexual fetish. Why would you treat others in a way you despised? It's not revenge - these random people had nothing to do with your childhood.
>>
>>17881868

You need to understand the true definition of empathy.

Empathy isn't just strictly caring about or feeling sorry for people but being able to expand your understanding beyond the boundaries of your own life and put yourself in other people's shoes.

Its really easy to look at a homeless person and judge them but what you can't see is the wife and kids they lost, the mental illness that ruined their lives, the family that abandoned them when they needed help.

Its really easy to look at and judge an unwed mother but what you can't see is the man she thought she thought she was in love with leaving her or the one broken condom turning her whole life upside down.

Now I'm not saying that people don't make mistakes. I'm not saying there aren't people out there who are drug addicts or unwed mothers or homeless people due to their own ignorance and poor decisions but not considering yourself above such possibilities is also a part of empathy.

Most people who are addicted to drugs or homeless never thought they would be where they are. Don't for a second believe that you're so special that its not possible for you to make a mistake that could ruin your whole life.

We are always just one or two really good mistake away from being strung out or a single parent or living on the streets.

You don't have to feel sorry for people just do your best not to judge them. You don't know everyone's story.
>>
>>17882662
>can't afford food. Starving alone in the middle of the night alone
There are tons of places where he could get food and shelter. Also he's unlikely to get hit by a random missile or beheaded by extremists.
The problem with most homeless people are their own mental issues, which is a much more complex issue and not something money alone can solve.

>tweeting shit from Aleppo with their Samsung galaxies
A phone is one of the best things you can buy after you got the very basics, getting a decent phone is more affordable in the long run. Besides you realize that these people had normal lives couple years ago, right?

>have winter clothes as I've seen on TV
Nice source. Also given that Syria is pretty cold in winter, it's not that shocking that some of them indeed had winter clothes before.

>they never feel alone because they're in group of thousands
Humans can't uphold meaningful relationships with more than 100-200 people either way.

>if they go to Sweden they get Nordic pussy
Worth getting shot for indeed.
>>
>>17881868

>You don't have to feel sorry for people just do your best not to judge them. You don't know everyone's story.

Primarily this, OP.
>>
File: IMG_3688.jpg (120KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3688.jpg
120KB, 500x345px
>>17882701
>Some random dude in Syria has 700€ to buy a Samsung sure. If he was that rich he could afford traveling to Europe by plane once SHTF.
>It's also cold here in the winter. Beggars should have winter coats too. Got news for you some of them don't. Also refugees get more food in their camps than beggars.
>So people who live in big cities can uphold meaningful relationships. Sure.
>I do agree with the last one. Swedish pussy is indeed the best.
>>
>>17882730
>Some random dude in Syria has 700€ to buy a Samsung sure. If he was that rich he could afford traveling to Europe by plane once SHTF.
Try getting a plane out of Syria to Europe. Even the ones who get on the shitty boats were relatively well off. The absolutely fucked poorfags are still there. Besides, being able to afford some shit in the past when he had a job and normal life isn't worth much now.

> Got news for you some of them don't.
Because they didn't bother to use one out of 141515 options to get one. If I recall it right pretty much 90% of homeless people got mental issues, it's not something you can really help with with just a coat and food.

>Also refugees get more food in their camps than beggars.
Did you measure it yourself?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.