[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I told a family friend who always comes over that her hair and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 3d9d759.jpg (68KB, 1012x675px) Image search: [Google]
3d9d759.jpg
68KB, 1012x675px
I told a family friend who always comes over that her hair and outfit looked good one day. She said thanks but since then she's been acting super weird. Avoids eye contact with me, pulls her overshirt closed whenever I look in her direction or enter the room. And whenever we talk it's awkward and forced. I sense that she's uncomfortable then I get uncomfortable and it just gets to be too much and I leave the area. I wish I hadn't said anything now. I don't even really like her like that. I've thought about pulling her to the side and "correcting the record" but I'm not sure if it would help.
>>
You should just avoid her because she though of you as a friend and is afraid you like her. Nothing you can say will change her mind and it's a bad idea to try to do anything about it.

She has to hear it from someone else about how you have/found a gf or something to that effect.
>>
>>17881609
Well shit. That was my first instinct. Thing is she will be at my family's house for Christmas and I got her an inexpensive gift. I'm having some serious second thoughts now.
>>
>>17881643
Don't give her the gift. Save it for another time or if she absolutely must have it give it to someone else to give to her in their own name.

It's a retarded system but I lost friends over it so just play the game.
>>
>>17881651
Thanks for your advice. I will just mark it from The Family and distance myself from the thing. It kind of makes me feel like an ugly creep that someone would start acting like that just from a genuine compliment but that's life I guess.
>>
>>17881678
Nah you didn't do anything creepy, it's just a mildly awkward situation now. It should blow over pretty quickly. And it's her own fault if she can't take a compliment without reading too much into it, you weren't lewd or inappropriate in any way
>>
That's an odd reaction from someone. I tell girls, earnestly, that I like their hair or their outfit if I do. Hell, the bartender at my local joint styled her hair differently last night and I told her it looked awesome. I got a warm smile and a cold beer.
>>
>>17881590
Who is this? She's lovely.
>>
>>17881697
What you fail to understand is the females response to male compliments is solely based on your level of attractiveness
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.