[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First year collage here. Just got hit by exams. I never had problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1480587762538.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1480587762538.gif
2MB, 300x225px
First year collage here. Just got hit by exams. I never had problems on hightschool. Now it hits like a truck. Any advice/help. Realy feeling bad man
>>
>>17881207
Git gud
>>
>>17881208
I tryed to git gud. But i got rekt by teacher.
>>
Well, what are you struggling with?
>>
>>17881211
Just git gud then
>>
>>17881214
Theory of law. I panic when there is a test and fuck up
>>
I crash and burn my first year in college, I didn't end up homeless right away (don't worry, I got rent supplement now), but it was the first step...

Prior to college I was the highschool student that most people liked, I was in clubs, and I volunteered several times over the required Ontario amount, I got 80s and some 90s only to find out that by university standard it was nothing.

My first year, I was dealing with the physical aftermath of a surgery (and probably the psych too - I almost went blind), and there was just a host of problems and anxiety..

You are not alone, it's not uncommon for people who did well in HS to get dickslapped by Life in Uni - the trick is to learn to roll with your fall and /accept help/.

Try not to fail but if you do, it's not the end of the world, speak to your academic advisor, or your prof. Is it past your drop date? If it's not, weight what you can keep and what you shouldn't. My brother dropped courses its bad grades won't drag him down and so he had more time to focus on others.

Currently, I'm on a mental health break, when I left, I had a GPA of 2 something out of 4, but I have been reassured that I won't suffer any academic penalty for it because it was due to my mental health. It pays to keep your school up to date on your health.

Sometimes you have to adjust your expectation, I really want to be a corporate law clerk in a private firm, I love business, my uncles are small business owners and I grew up helping them - but not only am I not qualified, because I scraped a pass on that subject, I know now it will be too stressful, and I might end up being a gen clerk after all - I actually enjoy boring routine filing work. (and adjust my expectation of pay, but it's better than nothing and it's better than me being dead)
>>
You'll get used to it. The stress of tests won't fuck you up so bad after you've done them dozens of times.

Just study. Also have fun.
>>
You should talk to someone on a mental health hotline, check your campus's student centre or health centre, some places have student specific lines that will understand what you are going through.

Remember to eat properly and sleep. Avoid alcohol and cigs as that will just make you stress more, Go out for walks, especially in the sunlight - that helped with managing my depression a lot.
>>
>>17881244
Thaks iam of the pills since summer. so... welp hope i can get past that barrer

>>17881246
Hope this is true and perseverence will carry me.

>>17881248
Dont worry iam suicidial so i called my therapeut have sitting later this day (euro fag so its barely past noon here). But iam realy thanfull for you advice fills me with warm feeling.
>>
from the start of the semester, on class days, read the stuff you take in your classes of that day. And if it's math or something similar, solve at least 1 problem on each example.
By the time finals arrive, it will be easier to study
>>
>>17881207
>I never had problems on hightschool

heh

so you are smart & coasted thru ezpz hs and now hit the brick wall at college

welp you now have to learn how to study
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.