[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best advice someone ever gave you? >Stand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1469509437364.png (1MB, 1280x1276px) Image search: [Google]
1469509437364.png
1MB, 1280x1276px
What's the best advice someone ever gave you?

>Stand straight and always look at people in the eye

Pretty basic but it's helped me in various situations.
>>
>>17879918
Eat these mushrooms

Woke me up inside, made me finish uni, got a gd, house, job.

Best thing i ever did. Try hallucinogens and stop being a child
>>
>>17879918

>dont be afraid to call a nigger a nigger
-my boss
>>
Never discuss your political stances or how much money you make with your friends or family.
>>
The hole that you're gonna get into is not worth the hole that you're gonna get into.
>>
Put the gun away and go home

Best advice I ever got I love my sister
>>
>>17879937
>blue collar flyover state mentality
>>
>>17879961

hes a psychic in west hollywood.
>>
>>17879961
Shut up nigger
>>
>>17879961
You do realize niggers are worse in major cities. Did you know that major cities aren't in "flyover states" either.

Silly nigger sympathizer...I'll just leave this here too.
https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2016-chicago-murders/explore-data
>>
>>17879918
if you meet a girl with false teeth, marry her
>>
File: 12414112317.png (102KB, 416x475px) Image search: [Google]
12414112317.png
102KB, 416x475px
>>17879918
>Don't go to school tomorrow.
>>
if you do it, do it wholly

a plain shirt is a good choice

never pee on a slope

if someone ask for a massage, give it. if she's interested, you'll gain points. if she's not, you'll learn to give massages and touch some meat

do things now, you'll regret more not doing anything than fucking up
>>
Its just a bad day, not a bad life

Never lose hope even if life looks like a deadend
>>
>>17879918

"You never know." Or, paraphrased, "don't give up."

While I was at college out of state, my parents hosted two Chinese exchange students for a semester. I met them when I came home for Thanksgiving, and hit it off really well with one of them. I saw them again when I came home for Christmas break, and the one girl and I moved past being flirty with each other, and stayed up late, just talking. We talked all night, literally until sunrise, and I felt myself wanting to fall for her, but I was also holding myself back, because I knew in a few days she'd go back to China and I'd never see her again.

On her last night in the states, we kissed, just once. The next day, she left. I was pretty quiet and secretly miserable for several days, and at the family get-together for New Year's Eve, my Aunt noticed and asked what was bothering me, and I don't know why I opened up and told her, but I did.

The obvious thing for her to say would be, "better to have loved and lost," "plenty of fish in the sea," and that sort of thing. But instead she told me, "you never know. Maybe you'll see her again. You always talk about working in Japan. Maybe you'll do that, and then you can visit her. The world is getting smaller every day."

Long story short, I did end up working in Asia, and I did see her again. I visited her and we fell really hard for each other, and then I moved to China, and now we're both back in the states and we've been married a year and five months.

So when your mind tells you all the reasons something won't work, acknowledge them, and then try anyway. Because it's worth it to try, and you never know.
>>
>No one cares about you

Before you go all /adv/ and curl up into a ball and start crying, it's a better way of saying "don't take everything personally... Because no one cares about you"
>>
If you are to cross no mans land. You may aswell do it drunk.
>>
>>17879939
>never open your opinions to discussion or to the benefit of knowlage for others, just echochamber yourself

shit advice
>>
File: 1421779949777.gif (2MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1421779949777.gif
2MB, 320x213px
>You need a delirious work ethic and high tolerance for failure/pain to be a surgeon, not steady hands.

and

>Work hard. Don't complain too much.

Both were from a surgeon who'd post on /b/ occasionally. Speaks to me greatly. To me it says that you don't need natural talent or to be born with a silver spoon in your mouth to succeed, you just need to work hard.
>>
>>17879985
Bruh... flyover states are generally understood to be any states not on a coast. We have cities here. You might remember a couple years ago when rioting started in a suburb of one after a white cop defended himself and gunned down Michael Brown. (Technically it was the "city" of Ferguson, but Ferguson is just a small suburb and apartment collection of St. Louis).

Also, Cleveland, Chicago, Michigan, Vegas, Oklahoma city. Half a dozen others I'm too lazy to look up. Point is, there are large metropolitan cities in the flyover states.
>>
>>17881390
>>shit comprehension.
>>
Half of life is just showing up.

Keep your head down, cover your ass and work hard.

Remember, if it's worth spending time out of your life doing, it's worth doing right.
>>
Be secure in your actions, values and identity. The choice to be passive is borne of fear, takes you nowhere and will only get you shat on.
>>
>>17881363
Thats a really sweet story! I'm happy for you

If you have nothing to say, dont say anything at all.
Also, don't trust people with all your secrets. If you can't trust yourself to keep them, how can you trust others?
>>
>>17879918
>the key to getting friends is pretending to be interested in their shit
it works most of the time but i dislike it. I don't like pretending to be interested, and that's why i barely have any friends
>>
>>17881853

>the key to getting friends is pretending to be interested in their shit

Shit advice. If you're not interested in their shit then you're not making friends. You're just making pretend friends which is worse than none.
>>
Don't play to win, play to improve.
>>
>>17879918
The only one who can truly help you is yourself.
>>
>>17881853
I think that's awful advice, it's a good way to make colleagues and fairweather associates but not friends.
>>
Be a man, not a dog.
>>
Quit panicking at tbe job, it will get done.
>>
For some people, it's not going to get better. I won't judge you if you decide to finish early.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.