[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am Marine served in Afghanistan in 1st Battalion Seventh Marines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (94KB, 311x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 311x300px
I am Marine served in Afghanistan in 1st Battalion Seventh Marines one tour. I joined after HS and college (I know how fucked that U Signed Mutherfucking Contract) with creds but was scribe fast track NCO who cares. I am back and 28 and alienated from a beautiful Christian wife and son and weep and stupid shit on TV. Was always computer nerd even during tour on chan.

What do I do. I am so depressed and I don't know why and yes feel like a pussy. Please not troll I'm looking everywhere.
>>
And asking anonymously cause feel ashamed because I had friends die and in Walter Reed missing limbs and .... Stupid. I know.
>>
>>17879701
I don't know anything about being in the military but if you had friends die or lose limbs you were probably traumatized by all that. You are NOT a pussy for feeling that way - but the fact that you say you are means that maybe you don't acknowledge your own feelings. SOunds like you have a lot of shame around looking or feeling weak, i.e feelings=weakness). I would see a therapist or at least look at PTSD websites online
>>
>>17879732
Thanks. I really mean it. My MOS was intel but yes was in combat. I'm not setting example with pity party but I am realizing not right. Nightmares are horrible. I don't want to goto shrink cause that's for weak but fellow jarheads say ok to go culture changing. Thank you again
>>
>>17879745
yeah generally men who buy into the idea that seeking help =being weak, end up killing themselves or doing something really bad to someone else.
>>
>>17879745
Go to a shrink.
>>
>>17879732
I feel ashamed for randomly being picked to be alive. It's random. I cannot watch any war movie and stupid shit makes me upset. I guess I really do appreciate life more but the evil humans can do,
>>
>>17879754
The VA is a joke. Please believe me.
>>
>>17879753
I wouldn't do that but I am drinking too much
>>
>>17879753
I get it. I tried pastor but prayer not enough. I ish it was.
>>
>>17879762
I do believe you, I live with my PTSD grandfather who served in Vietnam. You can probably see a shrink if you try to. I'm not a doctor but it sounds like you have stereotypical PTSD. See a shrink and ask them what treatment looks like.
>>
>>17879764
Dude I dont' know your situation but if I were you, I would avoid the military and try to do a regular job. I've done shitloads of research and there is every indication that they are lying to you when they say you are defending freedom etc...They are using the best young healthy men the country has got and getting them to do the dirty work for corporations and rich pricks while covering it up with bullshit stories about the nation being under threat. As I said, if there are absolutely no other job prospects then ok go back but try to distance yourself from anything having to do with the military. Just my opinion.

As for the drinking, do not drive under any circumstances while impaired. Try to go for walks in nature instead of drinking. Listen to podcasts on headphones about things that interest in you. Get yourself into a daily routine of some sort. The more physical activity, the better. Hope that helps.
>>
>>17879784
I don't disagree. It's oversold and I am saying cause anon but in Marine culture never criticize. My son is 4 and I will do anything to prevent him from serving NOT because I don't see value to our country but because I am selfish and do not want him to see what I did. I'm sorry....I feel like loser I supposed to be a fucking Marine and I feel so messed up. But thank you posters .... Thanx, really, Internet is such Godsend for troops nowadays even swabbies and zoomies etc. really, thanks for advice mean it.
>>
>>17879814
I admire anyone who goes through Marine training and think that it is an honourable job but unfortunately the powers that be use you guys and then don't take care of all the mental trauma you go through.
If you have a son that is 4, you need to cut down on the drinking otherwise you won't be able to take care of him properly.
Godspeed anon. Best Wishes.
>>
>>17879824
Thank you. I know drinking too much and want to be best father. I quit for day and have nightmare and restart. I do have corporate job and feel blessed but realize I am functioning alcoholic which Is fallacy. So was Robin Williams. I saw saving private Ryan by myself first 15 min and was balling I am disgrace. For record, if anyone ever asks for your opinion on worst horror movie ever I would pick that. Thanks posters I really appreciate your posts. I will try and find ptsd Doctor outside VA.
>>
>>17879824
Thank you such much I don't know you but I am crying, I'm so sorry. ....
>>
>>17879701
Thank this is OP. Taking my Valium and feel like disgrace but I appreciate the listening and sorry to blather about nothing when so many others in world are really hurting. Im sorry. Thx for listening and tt to me. Anon I can do. .,, thnx .
>>
>>17879784
Thanks man. I don't dispute. We fought for each other nothing else more noble than that. I wish I could say different but i don't even want to talk about so taking anonymously here does help so... Thank you really.
>>
>>17879701
Hi, I just wanted to drop in and say, thank you for your service
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.