[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Midly autistic person needs help. My father bought me a tablet.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Midly autistic person needs help.

My father bought me a tablet. I'm not sure what to do with it, or say. I already have one. The last time someone gave me something and I told them I already had it they seemed disappointed. Thus, I said nothing. But now I would have two tablets that I don't use, and I think I can't sell them because they're gifts.

Should I
(1) Told him I already have one and see if it is possible a return (though I don't think so)
(2) Accept it and sell it
(3) Put it in the drawer till the end of time
>>
>>17879692

just accept it and sell it man, you can sell it even if its a gift. if they're the same model its an easy thing. if his is an obviously different lesser model that can be rough.

i really wish people would jsut give you receipts with your gifts.

my moms super fucking sensitive and if i dont like my gift she throws a fit, and if i throw it away, she throws a fit, and its hard to lie because she expects me to tell long complicated stories about the gifts she gives me.

she just bought me a bunch of new clothes but they're all too big for me and she openly told me she'd rather i lie than tell her i didnt like / enjoy a gift and its just getting frustrating.
>>
>>17879709
>if his is an obviously different lesser model that can be rough.
Different model, I have a nook hd+, he bought a samsug tablet, and he bought it with his credit cards in 18 payments. I feel bad because I would be getting rid of it while he's still paying it.
>>
Regift it leave it in the package and give it to a friend on their birthday or at the next holiday
>>
>>17879692
And should I tell him that I already have one in any case?
>>
>>17879734

ouch. if hes paying it off id personally want to tell him and say 'you should get a refund i already got one, but the fact that you're springing so much means the world.

maybe get him a small gift to give him while telling him to show how much you care and how much it means.

the truth is you can't guarantee how he will react no matter what, even if you do what is 'morally right' he can still act like a twat the way my mom does becasue my mom doesn't buy those gifts for me. she buys them for herself because she wants someone to say 'OH WOW THIS IS PERFECT YOU'RE SO GREAT YOU BOUGHT MY LOVE BEST MOM EVAR'.

if your father is like this, then you shouldn't have to sugar coat.

pick what you think is the morally correct answer, and go with that, regardless of how he reacts, because what matters is doing what you think is right.

imo the morally correct thing is goign to his place, giving it back, and explaining you lvoe it but already have one.

bonus point: try and convince him to return it and suggests putting that money (or a lesser amount) towards something you two can enjoy together. get him excited by doing something he likes or something you both like. if it was my dad id say 'hey lets use this money to pay for a hunting trip' or a camping trip, or something like that.
>>
>>17879756
>ouch. if hes paying it off id personally want to tell him and say 'you should get a refund i already got one, but the fact that you're springing so much means the world.
I think I might do that.
I will still see if I can't get a use for it though. They have different specs; mind is 10", and closer to being a e-reader, therefore it has no cam, and can't call anyone with it (even if I hardly know why would I do that); the one his bought is 5", has cam, work as a phone.

>if your father is like this, then you shouldn't have to sugar coat.
he isn't, but I'm pretty sure he will feel bad
that's what I wanted to avoid
>>
>>17879800
>the one his bought is 5",
7" now that I check
>>
>>17879800

tell him, return it, and suggest a gift you can enjoy together. that should hopefully perk him up.
>>
>>17879822
>tell him, return it,
Will try.
I thought that because he paid with credit cars returns may not be possible.
I really don't have anything to return, because he gave me a receipt to pick it up since when he went there they were out of stock. Then it may be easier.
>>
>>17879848

what? you can still return things bought iwth a credit card.
>>
>>17879874
ok, done
I gave him the receipt to pick it up back. I don't know if he is going to return it, he said he might keep it for himself. Better than being in my drawer I guess.
>>
>>17879949

thats not too bad. did you suggest putting it towards a joint outting?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.