[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I escape my comfort zone and become confident? I seriously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1456333438483.jpg (69KB, 604x403px) Image search: [Google]
1456333438483.jpg
69KB, 604x403px
How do I escape my comfort zone and become confident?

I seriously need to do this shit now. I'm an introvert who has been shy most my life. Not crippling shyness but I am just sick of it. I don't want to restrict myself because I'm nervous to talk to people and don't know what to say. I wish I could force myself to escape my comfort zone but I live in the middle of nowhere so not like I can just wander in a town and practice talking to people. I'm in my last year of high school btw. What can I do to become more outgoing and break free of my comfort zone and get confidence?
>>
>>17879346
Try meeting people through hobbies?
>>
>>17879404
like what?
>>
>>17879404
this
i'm a volunteer first aid worker. i'm put outside of my comfort zone constantly.
i didn't actually make friends from it that i see outside, but it has helped me talk to people outside of it, like at uni.
>>
>>17879346
You need to harness your autism and take it to the next level. Listen to this.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0AZ40QmXpa1
>>
File: tumblr_ny1cp8ZbHP1ul80vfo1_1280.png (171KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny1cp8ZbHP1ul80vfo1_1280.png
171KB, 1280x1280px
>>17879447
Hey Al keep doing what you do
>>
>>17879443
how did you come across that opportunity? Did you hear about it one day or did you just go looking and find it?
>>
>>17879447
damn that radiating confidence. I aspire to have confidence like that someday.
>>
>>17879436
You can do something that is beneficial to you and something that may force you to leave your comfort zone. For example if you are not confident with your body etc start lifting or join a martial arts class etc
>>
>>17879454
i know someone who does it and talked about it to me. i wasn't so sure but it kind of works out. i'm still not confident but at least i do shit.
>>
>>17879447
Post moar you dense muthafucka!
>>
>>17879462
>>17879454
but yeah it can be something else entirely. could be a sports club. a reading group. learning a language. whatever interests you. even something you just think might be cool.
>>
>>17879470
hmm I see. I will look around and hopefully find something. Maybe I can start by setting goals to talk to random strangers, for now just saying hi or something as simple as that.
>>
>>17879474
Don't set unrealistic goals and get uverwhelmed though. Do one thing at a time and try to stick to it for a bit
>>
>>17879474
If you are not charming and naturally good at talking to people you may come off as a creep or it may get weird just keep that in mind anon and don't get discouraged I am shit at small talk so starting a convo with a random person would not go so well with me
>>
>>17879482
yeah I know by now it is better to set smaller goals and work up to it, so I'm not going to start with too much, but I'll try and increase it little by little

>>17879486
Yeah I'm trying to work on small talk as well, it is probably a pain in the ass because it is the most unpredictable and could go anywhere, and it could be easy to just get stuck. I remember before some girl sat on a bench next to me and I felt obligated to strike conversation, she had a cast so I asked her about that. Was kind of rambling about a time I got injured, and then I was running out of things to say. Good thing there was an announcement saying they were serving free donuts, so I used that as an excuse and got out of there.
>>
>>17879499
I feel you man it is very easy to spill the spaghetti also for me but don't try to fill every silent moment and feel like you are obligated to start up a conversation/force it etc. Just go with the flow, do it if it feels natural/not out of place . Don't be the annoying guy that strikes up a random boring conversation that you listen to kindly buy dying to get out of it
>>
>>17879346
Self-confidence comes from achieving competence in various skills through persistent effort. It isn't really something magical for most people. Sure there is the odd person who has ridiculous self-confidence for no apparent reason but just forget about trying to be like that.
There are certain skills in life that one must learn. For example, social skills. There are certain to know about having a conversation. Asking the other person about themselves, letting them talk without interrupting, how to introduce yourself, etc... Break the skills down into smaller pieces and practice them.

Also people will respond to you positively or negatively based on your appearance - are you a fat slob or in good shape? DO you dress like shit or stylishly? DO you have annoying conversational habits. Self-discipline and good impulse control communicate maturity. If you get a good response from people then you will naturally become more confident around them bc you will sense that they like and admire you.
(By the way, do NOT buy into the liberal bullshit about fat acceptance and all that. Attraction is not politically correct.

tl;dr confidence comes from competence, discipline, accomplishment, and experience
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.