[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm leaving my job, I gave my employers 6 weeks notice as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I'm leaving my job, I gave my employers 6 weeks notice as a gesture of good faith and they still want me to stay on as an assistant in a different department. They've already offered me a relatively significant raise, but they tried to use some "wage jump" bullshit to try and get me down from my original request. I called my boss' bluff and he seemed surprised - probably because last time I let him negotiate me down. He got somewhat desperate and was talking about how nice the position would be. How likely do you guys think it is that he'll fold and offer me what I want? He has four days until I leave.
>>
>>17877588
We don't know this nigga. Just be strong on your demands and never pussy out on your words
>>
>>17877588
Recently went through the same thing. Got a huge raise, but regret staying. Your call, but most people say it's a bad idea to change your mind when you've already given notice.
>>
>>17877619
>Your call, but most people say it's a bad idea to change your mind when you've already given notice.

Why's that?
>>
>>17877620
Cause you'll be known as a bitch nigga no one takes seriously. No real loyalty since they know you were once ready to drop them all
>>
>>17877588
Depends on why you wanna leave in the first place.

What made you leave, anon?

If you don't like it and you decide to stay, you might regret it despite the higher pay and different department. Depends on how "different" this new department is going to be.

Depends on whether rumors will spread about you. Depends on how you're gonna take it.

Depends on whether you're as valuable and irreplaceable as you sound. If your boss is willing to bend some, then you're somewhat valuable. Are you valuable? Are you easily replaceable? Do you think you're worth your original request?

There's too many factors to it. You say he's somewhat desperate. Why is that?
>>
>>17877630
This a shithole company desperate for competent and consistent workers. The turnover rate is beyond fucked right now, and even the store director (grocery) has admitted it. As far as loyalty goes - I gave them six weeks and I've worked six day weeks, overtime, covered sick days, etc. The assistant director has a really high opinion of me and wants me to stay.

>bitch nigga
I'm ready to leave, but I don't want to fuck them either. Additionally, this assistant position thing wasn't brought up until after I put in my notice.

>What made you leave, anon?
Moving forward in life. I was/still am planning on moving back in with my mom (who is extremely supportive and awesome) and going back to college.

>If you don't like it and you decide to stay, you might regret it despite the higher pay and different department. Depends on how "different" this new department is going to be.

I'll be working with my roommate, I'm really close friends with her and we've already worked together, so I know the work environment won't be an issue.

>Depends on whether rumors will spread about you. Depends on how you're gonna take it.
Don't give a fuck. Pretty sure most of the store likes me anyways.

>You say he's somewhat desperate. Why is that?
Turnover rate. And when I made it clear I wouldn't settle for bullshit he started talking up how much more comfortable a position it would be. Flexibility in hours, working with my roommate, etc.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.