[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend is pissed at for not giving her a job at my company.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1311763499070.jpg (16KB, 300x354px) Image search: [Google]
1311763499070.jpg
16KB, 300x354px
My girlfriend is pissed at for not giving her a job at my company. She's been out of work for some time now, and recently she got the idea that i should hire her.
But we have no use for her, and even if we did, there are other people better qualified available. And frankly, i don't want to be my girlfriends boss.
Now she's saying that i don't think she's good enough for me.
Please say that she's the one who's wrong, and i'm not the asshole.
>>
>>17876220
You are perfectly right.
First, you don't want to be your girlfriend's boss. She'd have to obey to you for 8 hours and then you should have an equal relationship the rest o the day. It's complicated to treat a person in two completely different ways in two moments of the day.
Second, you bring work problems home and home problems to work. I don't think a person can just compartmentalise their emotions like that - if she's mad at you for not throwing out the trash, she'll still be mad at you while you're working.
Third, it's unfair. You'd hire her just because she's your girlfriend, and that'd create jealousies and issues with your other employees.

My family owns a business and they always made a point of never hiring wives/husbands to work for them for this exact reason, and their spouse cannot even inherit the quota when they die.

Help her find a job, for sure, but not at your company.
>>
You are 100% in the right

>>17876237
this anon is truth
>>
If you didn't think she was good enough, wouldn't you have broken up with her?

I love when people tell you what you're thinking.
>>
>>17876237
>>17876247
Thank you.
>>
I started a 3d printing company with a partner and my gf got jelly af. She doesn't has the slightest mindset for it (she's a lawyer and shit with numbers)

I think she only settled when I gave her the opportunity of helping me out with a few things, which she failed hard. We had a few fights until she realized it wasn't for her at all.

Know that "take your kids to work" thing? Maybe try something along that line. I don't know what your company is about, but try putting her in a very demanding position as an unpaid extra fora while to see if she gets used to it. Bring her some kind of homework so she can have a taste of what you deal with. Stuff like that. My gf only understood it with experiments like that.
>>
>>17876258
No, see, because apparently if i she was good enough i would hire her.
>>
>>17876220
there is no "right" or "wrong" in this, there is just how you want to do things and how she wants to do things. you're both right, and it's not a fit, so the one who doesn't want to do it wins by default.

she's frustrated and desperate, and the way i think you need to lay it out for her is from the relationship angle. you've seen what happens to relationships when people work for or with their s/o. it doesn't go well.

also tell her that she already has a vital role in your job, which is supporting you. the whole "behind every successful man is a supportive woman" or whatever that quote is. you need her to support you and not become part of the work environment, you need to keep them separate.

it's not that she would be a bad employee, it's that she's the best suited for the job she has--your girlfriend. and she probably needs to know that you are there to support her now through her unemployment and eventually finding something that works for her. just a reminder--this will probably include MANY trials and failures, getting hopes up, getting excited and optimistic about stuff that goes NOWHERE and turns out to be stupid, and she's going to need your support through that (but not your answers). it's not going to be easy for either of you, and it's already hard for her--so also that's where some of her frustration is coming from and she's targeting it at the "why won't you hire me" thing. in reality she doesn't want to work for you any more than you do, she's just desperate for a job right now.
>>
>>17877532
What a load of bullcrap.
>>
>>17876220

neither of you are wrong per se. shes acting a bit wrongly on it, but yeah. its okay to work with your partner. its okay to not. its okay if you do and it goes wrong.

but you made your points and shes arguing them, and she is being on the immature side of it. just tell her
>this is exactly why you CANT work for me.
>>
>>17877545
are you suggesting he hire her?
>>
>>17877601
that post is a bunch of unfounded assumptions and platitudes
>>
>>17877605
any assumptions i made are founded in experience, and i don't know which things you consider platitudes other than the phrase i actually put in quotation marks because it's so common, but besides all that, what are you actually saying? someone doesn't want to hire their gf, and they shouldn't, and my post is full of what they should tell her. if you disagree, why fucktard?
>>
>>17877613
Hey fuck you, dont yell at him
>>
>>17876220
never mix women and business. youve done well, anon.
>>
>>17877613
>>17877532
>there is no "right" or "wrong"
Platitude. She's clearly in the wrong for how she reacted to the rejection.

>you've seen what happens to relationships when people work for or with their s/o
You have no idea what OP has or hasn't seen.

>also tell her that she already has a vital role in your job, which is supporting you
More platitude, to the point of likely as not just angering her even more.

>it's not that she would be a bad employee
Unfounded assumption.

>it's that she's the best suited for the job she has--your girlfriend
Condesending platitude if she's the type to harbour aspirations or pride,

>and she probably needs to know that you are there to support her now through her unemployment
To her, OP has already demonstrated he's not willing to support her.

>in reality she doesn't want to work for you any more than you do,
More unfounded assumption.
>>
Open up a tiny coffee cart in your office. Hire her to stfu and sell coffee. Give her a weekly quota of coffees to sell or the coffee branch will be closed down. Easy peasy.
>>
>>17876220
Dude just tell her it's super against company policy to be dating your employees (because it probably is) and you can't risk it.
>>
>>17876220
You are right. It would be a nightmare in many ways, the other employees would also likely get the shits, assuming you favour her even if you didn't.
>>
>>17876220
I live in the Valley and some of my friends who have their own startups tend to give secretarial roles. The thing is you need to give them a very politically neutral role, or your co-founders/employees will start to resent you for it.

Optimally, try to refer her to another job at another company. Be open and honest with her, and if she's not a complete moron, she'll understand.
>>
>>17876220
Although I can logically see where you're coming from, your girlfriend feels like you're not being supportive of her finding work. I was once out of work and had a misplaced sense of resentment towards friends/family who had nice jobs because
I used to think they intentionally chose not to connect me with people or jobs at their workplaces. The most you could do for your girlfriend is to keep her spirits up. The hardest part about being unemployed is feeling shitty about yourself.
>>
>>17877723
hey dumb-dumb, those aren't assumptions, that's what he should say to his girlfriend to get her to back off. i don't care if she would actually be a good employee or not, because focusing on that isn't going to solve the problem.

if she doesn't want to play the role of Supportive Woman then she's a shitty gf who OP would be better off breaking up with. and no shit OP isn't supporting her, that's why i said he should.

you don't need to know every detail of a situation to know how the girl needs to be handled, you just need to be able to think like a woman.
>>
>>17877532
good post. don't know what the other dudes problem is.
>>
>>17876237
first post etc.
>>
>>17876220
You probly made a good decision, but you should also probly try and help her find work. Maybe in a different dept at your job, if that's within your power.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.