[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been doing some thinking lately, trying to pinpoint

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 2016-12-10-11-36-04-339099763.jpg (9KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-10-11-36-04-339099763.jpg
9KB, 258x195px
I've been doing some thinking lately, trying to pinpoint what exactly been bringing me down. I realize I have a massive sense of unfulfillment, generally bored with life and massive confidence issues, but I stumbled upon something I think solving might actually cause a lot of other things to fall into place. I think about sex way too much.

I think it's been a major contributor about what's been making me feel so down. Seeing all the attractive girls around my school, causes the sex drive in my mind to skyrocket but with nothing to do about it, it kinda just leaves me feeling bummed out.

It's also more than likely a big reason why I generally feel uncomfortable around women
>>
>>17875494

i doubt it. i mean im sure its contributing but a lot of people like to act like there's one fatal flaw they could overcome and the rest would fall into place.

self improvement is more complex. each issue is its own, and you can't really subconsciously stop yourself from thinking about sex unless you have some penis milking machine stealing your load at regular intervals to keep you docile.

you don't feel unfulfilled becuase you think about sex. you feel unfulfilled because you do not value what you currently do and don't bother to do anything greater.

you are not bored with life because you think about sex, you're bored with life because you think playing the victim makes you special.

you do not have confidence issues because you think about sex, you have confidence issues because you create imaginary consequences and, like above, don't value what you currently do.

lets start here:
>what are you studying in school
>what do you in your spare time
>whats your most outrageous dream goal that isn't going to happen but would love to have happen anyway
>if you had a million dollars to spend on one thing, what would you spend it on?
>what are you good at (Doesn't matter what it is, even if its something you're just slightly better than average at, say it)
>>
>>17875520
>unless you have some penis milking machine stealing your load at regular intervals to keep you docile.

Gave me a good chuckle

>what are you studying in school
Programming

>what do you in your spare time

Play vidya, look for new music, hangout with friends, honestly not a lot going on

>whats your most outrageous dream goal that isn't going to happen but would love to have happen anyway

I've thought about dropping out of school, learning guitar and starting a band more times than I can count.

>if you had a million dollars to spend on one thing, what would you spend it on?

On this is why I'm broke I saw you can get desiel powered battle mechs for about $100k each. I'd probably buy a couple of them and build a battle arena for them.

>what are you good at
I was actually on a bowling team for a few years and I got pretty good at that.

Other than that? Vidya I guess. Idk I've never felt like I was truly remarkable at anything.
>>
>>17875536

don't worry about being remarkable. remarkable is the finish line. remarkable is what happens when you take something you enjoy and it becomes something. sometimes being remarkable is just being the one guy in the group who never loses at that game.

one thing you NEED to do is value what you do. value what you like to do. if you don't, how are you ever going to do anything great? you will always stop yourself by saying 'nah im not good enough'.

very few people are truly remarkable.

earlier this week i had a date. i looked back at my life and think of myself as so far behind so many other people. but on this date we talked a lot about our lives. I listed all the things that i had done, things that very few people know about cuz most people simply don't care.

but she acknowledged that they were pretty cool things, that i had done a lot with my life. things that i cant think of as great cuz they come so natural to me and i see other people doing the same thing but better.

but they are great, because even if there are other people doing better, im still one of the few doing it at all. you dont need to be the best in your field, you just need to do what you actually like and value yourself for doing it.

dont drop out of school, but go ahead and learn guitar. and brag about your bowling once in a while. take some friends or a date there, or even go alone and just enjoy doing something you not only like, but that you're pretty good at .
>>
>>17875568
The biggest issue is I struggle to be at my best. I've always felt kind of unmotivated and lazy with everything I do. I barely passed my classes this year because I often found myself just being unable yo give a damn about my homework.

Does this mean I really don't like doing what I'm doing? Is it simply external factors stopping me from being at my best. I really don't know
>>
>>17875602

its probably a combination. you like what you're doing, but only parts of it. external factors arent helping. its a bad mix.

even if you're passionate about something you arent passionate about every part.

I love making films but god knows i hate editing them together, or worse, doing the audio.
>>
>>17875620
So what can I do to overcome these motivational issues
>>
>>17875644

dunno. buddy system, slave system, reward system. mix and match.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.