[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any good books on how to organize your life and not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1481700221306.png (164KB, 576x643px) Image search: [Google]
1481700221306.png
164KB, 576x643px
Are there any good books on how to organize your life and not be a complete fuckup?
>>
>>17875036
The holy bible. Kek
>>
>>17875036
Not op, bumping.
>>
>pinns thread
>>
>>17875036
There are thousands. Not all of them will work for you. A lot of them are bullshit too.
>>
That's too vague and general. The power of habit by Charles Duhigg comes to mind though.
>>
it greatly depens on you. see, etablishing a new view on something can dramatically change the way you react to the world. that's why you can read 10 books but only one sentence sticks with you. but that sentence has the power to change a whole lot. it's like a hunt for that phrase or passage that hits you in just the right spot. it needs to be relevant to your situation and it needs to be something you have never before tought about. it also needs to adress an area in your life that you aren't aware enough of the mechanisms that are at work. there are books that have had THAT phrase for a big number of people but there's nothing in it for you and vice versa. maybe if you tell me what area you struggle with i might be able to tell you where i stumbled across the idea that helped ME get my shit together (or atleast gave me the tools to do so in theory...) concerning your issues.
>>
>>17875065
Just becoming an adult in general. Taking responsibility, getting a job, paying taxes, and getting more adult hobbies.
>>
>>17875036
do internet search for "self help" books or visit bookstore & look in this section

7 habits of highly effective people
peter principle

helped me, ditto some time management books
>>
>>17875093
how old are you?
what's wrong with the hobbies you already have?
what about taxes? do you not know how to do them or is your issue that you procrastinate forever to get things done?
what are your career goals?

taking responsibility for what?
>>
>>17875101
>how old are you?
Just turned 21, still live at home. Although it's not as uncommon over here.

>what's wrong with the hobbies you already have?
Nothing is inherently wrong with them, but I want to branch out. Like read books or something. I just can't motivate myself to do it, and even if I do, I usually end up quitting in less than a month.

>what about taxes? do you not know how to do them or is your issue that you procrastinate forever to get things done?
Both, really. Even with bills and shit. Like I'll get a bill that I can pay no problem, like a $30 phone bill, but instead I just let it sit until the very last day, or the day after, and end up having to pay an extra $5 in late fees. It's fucking retarded, but I keep doing it. I just procrastinate so fucking much, even when it's something so simple, and I'm not even putting it off to do "more fun" stuff. I just put it off for no reason.

>what are your career goals?
I don't know. Just a stable job with good benefits. Bonus if it's fun too.

>taking responsibility for what?
Just actually being a responsible adult in general.
>>
How to win friends and influence people by Dale carnegie
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.