[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, for some reason over this past week I've developed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: DtTeAoD.png (189KB, 504x732px) Image search: [Google]
DtTeAoD.png
189KB, 504x732px
Hey guys, for some reason over this past week I've developed this terrible fear of not knowing what happens after I die. I feel anxious like all of the time now. Any advice?

For some background information I've also moved away from my family/friends for the first time about 3 months ago. I'm working a job in retail which isn't fulfilling and I have no friends in the area. I'm also not really doing anything fun other than video games and spending time with my girlfriend.
>>
>>17874378

Hey, here's the truth.

no one does. and I along with every man in my family has had at least one NDE or coma on both mother and father's side.

No one fucking knows. and it doesn't fucking matter. You are dead, thats a blessing. Because death is an ellusive and shifty whore who seems to grace her loving full body tantric orgasms to everyone you know and love or hate, and you are perpetually last on her list.
>>
Do you get anxious over what happened to you before you were alive?
If not, then why not?
It is a bit of a non-starter when you consider that even if something of who you are were to continue existing after your brain stops functioning, you have no way of analyzing it in any meaningful frame f reference while still alive.
>>
>>17874386
I know that. My mind just keeps lingering on it though. I never had this problem before and I was always ok with death. I'm not sure why it's this way now. I guess I just am looking for ways to not let it bother me so I can keep living my life healthily.
>>
>>17874390
Life after death is the same as life before birth.
>>
>>17874392
Guys, this isn't helping. I'm like going to cry... I really need help I think.
>>
>>17874378
Yes, the unknowable is pretty scary. We are afraid because there's a chance what we fear the most will happen. But there's also the chance of your happiest dream becomes true. Since it is unknowable, the probability distribution of different outcomes should be symmetric and uniform. That's how I resolved this: whenever I think something bad will happen to me (my version of events after death is pretty fucking scary), I think something good will happen to me with equal chance. After awhile the whole issue is reduced into triviality.
>>
>>17874408
That helped. Thank you very much for your post. I mean it.
>>
>>17874378
i think i can relate. i recently moved out for my first time about 6 months ago and got really depressed. i started smoking again (quit in january) even took up wristcutting for awhile. but all that kinda faded away over time and now i got a roommte best friends from high school, support from my coworkers and now everythings good. quit smoming again. i think being in unfamiliar place just causes stress for awhile. not very good advice but hope this helps
>>
>>17874378
The problem with trying to imagine death is that you inevitably imagine yourself being conscious and looking around you. The idea of being in a wooden box underground is only scary because you imagine yourself being awake and alive in a wooden box underground.

But you won't be there to experience any of it. You'll be dead. You'll be over.

To quote Tom Stoppard, Death isn't like anything. Death isn't.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.